Ready to submit LTC/A ALP in Weymouth

You people crack me up.I still think he is a nice guy mass diver and I will tell you why.I statedthat he did give some out to friends yes this is true but what I would really like to know is what world do you live in??You say to some one that gets a restricted lic. to either get a lawyer or move.One I dont think alot of people can afford a lawyer to fight something like this,and not knowing if they are going to win the case or not.I will tell you that if it was me the only time I would hire a lawyer is if I really needed one,arrested,house,divorce,something along those lines.I would never spend my hard earned cash to fight to get my LTC with no restrictions I just could not afford it and most if not all of the people I hang around with could either.The next answer most of the time is move to a green town...LOL!!!!Honey pack the kids up we are moving out of Weymouth to Quincy....Mommy why are we moving?So daddy can get a LTC/with no retrictions in Quincy!!!PLEASE!!!!Now getting back to Brian King does he make you jump through hoops?No.Does he bust your balls when you see him and you act like an adult?No.Does he do favors for people?Yes.Does he make you join a gun club??No.Does he give out Class-B Lic.No.I went there just for my FID card as I had a old one that was typed in good unless suspended or revoked.He was the one that told me to get my LTC because it cost the same amount of money and I still had to go through a firearms course.Is it right that he dosent believe in your right to own and carry guns.NoBut believe me there are far more cops in different towns that wont give you the time of day not to mention a LTC.So I still stand by what I said hes not a bad guy!!!!

another vapid post, awesome[rolleyes]

what do you call giving out unrestricted LTCs to friends only besides taking advantage of power? And you cannot say he does not believe in your right to carry a firearm if he allows his buddies to do it, but not you. MOre likely, he only prefers LEO or close friends of his to carry guns, which is something far more despicable than someone not allowing anyone to carry firearms.

Oh, and after each period (.), try hitting the space bar twice.

You people crack me up.I still think he is a nice guy mass diver and I will tell you why.I statedthat he did give some out to friends yes this is true but what I would really like to know is what world do you live in??You say to some one that gets a restricted lic. to either get a lawyer or move.One I dont think alot of people can afford a lawyer to fight something like this,and not knowing if they are going to win the case or not.I will tell you that if it was me the only time I would hire a lawyer is if I really needed one,arrested,house,divorce,something along those lines.I would never spend my hard earned cash to fight to get my LTC with no restrictions I just could not afford it and most if not all of the people I hang around with could either.The next answer most of the time is move to a green town...LOL!!!!Honey pack the kids up we are moving out of Weymouth to Quincy....Mommy why are we moving?So daddy can get a LTC/with no retrictions in Quincy!!!PLEASE!!!!Now getting back to Brian King does he make you jump through hoops?No.Does he bust your balls when you see him and you act like an adult?No.Does he do favors for people?Yes.Does he make you join a gun club??No.Does he give out Class-B Lic.No.I went there just for my FID card as I had a old one that was typed in good unless suspended or revoked.He was the one that told me to get my LTC because it cost the same amount of money and I still had to go through a firearms course.Is it right that he dosent believe in your right to own and carry guns.NoBut believe me there are far more cops in different towns that wont give you the time of day not to mention a LTC.So I still stand by what I said hes not a bad guy!!!!

I do think if we have a clean criminal and mental history we shouldn't be denied an unrestricted LTC. I do think Brian could be a total dick and give out class B's, but he doesn't. He gives out an A w/o any hassle. I guess its a trade off. In terms of your typical cop Brian isn't like them. I think he is an ok guy and I've seen him out in public and I alwasy say hello to him and shake his hand. He is always professional and mature. I may not agree w/ all his viewpoints on LTC's, but we could live in a town like Sharon or Holden, they are worse than Red, they are black!!

A couple of you mentioned that its against our civil liberties to deny us an unrestricted LTC, but thats how Weymouth. The laws in MA give a town the right to do it. Now towns like Hingham, Braintree, Quincy & Abington don't have a problem w/ issuing to unrestricted LTC A's to law abiding citizens in good standing. Weymouth does. Nothing you can do about it at this point in time.

That might be how it is, but it doesn't give it moral credence. The only thing we can do is chose to vote in more liberty minded officials to office, or move. I think the first option is difficult given the Leftist nature of the Massachusetts political landscape.

There are two parts of the LTC process that gives a COP/licensing officer/etc unlimited discretion: the "suitability" clause and the field known as "restrictions" on our LTCs. SO long as a person isnt statutorily DQ'd, the licensing officer is still left to play with the permit on a whim. An abuse and violation of a right, if you ask me.

Right. This is what they call "discretionary" licensing. It's not widely used; most states are shall issue.

What if the CHIEF tells him dont give LTCS out ??

Contact GOAL? www.goal.org

I agree we need to vote in a different type of politician, but its MA. Unfortunately we are a democrat state that wants more gov't control wherever possible. Hopefully next election Deval Patrick willnot win and maybe we can get a leader w/ a clue.

I don't like having the resticition on my license and I do feel it violates my constituational right. However I am glad to have an LTC A so at least I can buy the guns I want and use them.

Obviously if you're connected to a political hack in Massachusetts, you can benefit from the widespread nepotism that exists here. Doesn't make it right. And he doesn't sound like a "good" guy either if he arbitrarily decides who can and who can't lawfully defend themselves and their families.

FWIW, if you really want to avoid the capriciousness of the LTC system, I suggest you move to New Hampshire. Plus the tax footprint is much less there than Massachusetts.

I agree we need to vote in a different type of politician, but its MA. Unfortunately we are a democrat state that wants more gov't control wherever possible. Hopefully next election Deval Patrick willnot win and maybe we can get a leader w/ a clue.

I don't like having the resticition on my license and I do feel it violates my constituational right. However I am glad to have an LTC A so at least I can buy the guns I want and use them.

Let's hope. I heard that Scott Brown or Keary Healey might run. Both are very pro-gun pols.

Consider contacting GOAL (www.goal.org) and voice your concern. They might be able to provide some advice on the restrictions (and search this forum - full of good info).

Obviously if you're connected to a political hack in Massachusetts, you can benefit from the widespread nepotism that exists here. Doesn't make it right. And he doesn't sound like a "good" guy either if he arbitrarily decides who can and who can't lawfully defend themselves and their families.

FWIW, if you really want to avoid the capriciousness of the LTC system, I suggest you move to New Hampshire. Plus the tax footprint is much less there than Massachusetts.

You have to take the good iwth the bad I guess. You get a no hassle class A LTC, but you get restricted. Is it right? Not all. Does the law allow for it? Yes. There are always rumors Brian is retiring, not sure if its true or not. I do think that in the end its the chief who says restricted LTC only, but there are always exceptions.

Massachusetts = might issue if you're special!
Gimme a break, completely arbitary, totally against the meaning of the second amendment.
MA licensing and gun laws are completely bullshit.

ace57

Boston I will start using the space bar if you tell me what "VAPID" means!!!Mikem no Im not connected to or any of my family members to a "Hack".I even had Mr. Howie Carr sign my book moron!!!!Read my post dummy,then tell me to move my family to New Hampshire!!!!!Oh and by the way why dont YOU contact GOAL????I got what I wanted from "not a bad guy"!!!!!

You people crack me up.I still think he is a nice guy mass diver and I will tell you why.......Is it right that he dosent believe in your right to own and carry guns.........So I still stand by what I said hes not a bad guy!!!!

You have every right to your opinion. And, Although I have not the man, anyone who doesn't believe in the RTKBA can kiss my ass. I don't live in Weymouth and I have an ALP - but I still feel bad for the good decent people that can't protect themselves because some douch bags cops think that they are the only ones that should carry weapons.

Someone could be a saint in every other way, but if they don't believe in the right of law abiding people to carry guns, then they are scumbag, fascist, Nazis in my eyes. The Constitution still means something to some of Us.

Well, I had a meeting with Brian to submit my application. He seems to be a stand up kind of guy. He didn't give me any bs or made me uncomfortable. He didn't even ask me why I needed an LTC A ALP. The whole hour I was there, we just shoot shits about the days in the ranger while he filled out the paperwork to be submitted.

Well, I had a meeting with Brian to submit my application. He seems to be a stand up kind of guy. He didn't give me any bs or made me uncomfortable. He didn't even ask me why I needed an LTC A ALP. The whole hour I was there, we just shoot shits about the days in the ranger while he filled out the paperwork to be submitted.

So, you think you are getting a "no restrictions" ?

Well, what does it say on the papers he gave you to look at after he typed all the stuff in? under restrictions he would have typed something. I know he showed me to make sure it was all in order.

Yes, he typed out exactly how I filled out in the application, "Class A License to Carry Firearms Large Capacity." and under restriction "none". Now I have to wait for the background check and the finger prints to come back from the State Police Crime Lab and the FBI.

Last edited:
I think he is pretty fair and reasonable on all other items, just not the unrestricted license.

That's a lot like saying "He pokes you in the ass with a hot poker, but he offers you a hot cup of coffee and a handshake beforehand". [laugh]

-Mike

Boston I will start using the space bar if you tell me what "VAPID" means!!!Mikem no Im not connected to or any of my family members to a "Hack".I even had Mr. Howie Carr sign my book moron!!!!Read my post dummy,then tell me to move my family to New Hampshire!!!!!Oh and by the way why dont YOU contact GOAL????I got what I wanted from "not a bad guy"!!!!!

Obviously reading comprehension isn't a personal accolade of yours, huh?

I didn't call you a "hack". Re-read my post.

I read your post. I don't see how this precludes you from physically moving your family to a state that's more aligned with individual freedom and sound, small government. It's up to you.

Why do I need to contact GOAL? I'm not the one experiencing a licensure issue. [rolleyes]

He would have told you that he was going to put restrictions on your LTC.Like I said "not a bad guy"!!!!

So if he wasn't deceptive, it would be acceptable? [rolleyes]

Give me a break. Tell you what. Before you predictably surrender your guns when the gun-grabbers come, why don't you save yourself the embarrassment and give them to one of us since we'll actually defend them.

So if he wasn't deceptive, it would be acceptable? [rolleyes]

Give me a break. Tell you what. Before you predictably surrender your guns when the gun-grabbers come, why don't you save yourself the embarrassment and give them to one of us since we'll actually defend them.

he'll have to hand them over if he gets nabbed concealed carrying on the way to the range down the road from him on his restricted license, lol.

You're right, 38! He's not a bad guy at all. He's very professional at his job and handled my application for an LTC ALP without prejudice. He did not question my reasons for an ALP and did not give me a hard time with it. He checked off "LTC A" and wrote restriction "none" pending the finger prints and the background check. I'm not a LEO or a business owner who carries lots of cash. I'm just an avereage JOE down the street who struck a chore with him. I guess that I was lucky to have found something in common between us and was able to relate that. I guess that's the key to any interviews.

You're right, 38! He's not a bad guy at all. He's very professional at his job and handled my application for an LTC ALP without prejudice. He did not question my reasons for an ALP and did not give me a hard time with it. He checked off "LTC A" and wrote restriction "none" pending the finger prints and the background check. I'm not a LEO or a business owner who carries lots of cash. I'm just an avereage JOE down the street who struck a chore with him. I guess that I was lucky to have found something in common between us and was able to relate that. I guess that's the key to any interviews.

Are you kidding me? You think whether you should be able to carry comes down to whether you can bullshit around with cop about motorcycles?

Are you kidding me? You think whether you should be able to carry comes down to whether you can bullshit around with cop about motorcycles?

Whether one thinks that or not doesn't matter. This IS the way the world turns. I worked in large industry for a lot of years. MANY promotions that I observed were not based on merit or seniority, but based purely on who the hiring manager LIKED!

I became close personal friends with my first police chief simply because I went to him for advice on how to solve a problem that I inherited. I became the Financial VP of a Jaycee chapter and going over the prior records discovered that a police detail was never paid to the town properly (it was mis-allocated to the school department, for a fee that should have been waived) and thus the PO never was paid. Solved the problem with his advice and learned that we were both going to the same grad school for similar degrees (he an MPA and I an MBA), etc. When I got the green light from SWMBO to buy guns, he was very accommodating in getting us permits, etc. Later we became personal friends, he asked me if I was interested in becoming a Mason (he was Master of the local Lodge), regrettably I participated in his Masonic Funeral some years later and I still keep in touch with his widow (usually delivering flowers from our Lodge at Christmas and chatting about their kids and the "old days in town").

If you go in with kneepads and genuflect you will be treated one way, if you show that you are human and can strike up a relationship you will likely get treated accordingly (nothing works 100%). It is said that people like people like themselves and if given the chance, will surround themselves with similar folks.

Again, it is the way of the world, not just about gun licenses.

Whether one thinks that or not doesn't matter. This IS the way the world turns. I worked in large industry for a lot of years. MANY promotions that I observed were not based on merit or seniority, but based purely on who the hiring manager LIKED!

I became close personal friends with my first police chief simply because I went to him for advice on how to solve a problem that I inherited. I became the Financial VP of a Jaycee chapter and going over the prior records discovered that a police detail was never paid to the town properly (it was mis-allocated to the school department, for a fee that should have been waived) and thus the PO never was paid. Solved the problem with his advice and learned that we were both going to the same grad school for similar degrees (he an MPA and I an MBA), etc. When I got the green light from SWMBO to buy guns, he was very accommodating in getting us permits, etc. Later we became personal friends, he asked me if I was interested in becoming a Mason (he was Master of the local Lodge), regrettably I participated in his Masonic Funeral some years later and I still keep in touch with his widow (usually delivering flowers from our Lodge at Christmas and chatting about their kids and the "old days in town").

If you go in with kneepads and genuflect you will be treated one way, if you show that you are human and can strike up a relationship you will likely get treated accordingly (nothing works 100%). It is said that people like people like themselves and if given the chance, will surround themselves with similar folks.

Again, it is the way of the world, not just about gun licenses.

i agree 100% with you Len, but at the same time, the fact that someones rights are toyed with in that way is nothing short of despicable.

Whether one thinks that or not doesn't matter. This IS the way the world turns.

This IS how it works in this particular town, in this State. It makes me sick to my stomach, total BS.

I think job hiring/promotions are a different animal. I can see why people hire and promote people that they and like/connect to on a personal level. That makes sense. . But, no one is asking to work with this guy in Weymouth, there is no justification for what he is doing to people. It's horrible, and while we all know how much discretionary power these cops have, it's probably illegal as well.

The answer is we MUST LOBBY VERY HARD for MSP to take over ALL firearms licensing . . . TTBOMK, they issue per MGLs and don't make stuff up.

Be aware that MCOPA lobbies VERY HARD (with political support for candidates that "see it their way") to keep it like it is.

I fully agree that the situation is despicable and shouldn't be that way, and I testified for years on Bacon Hill that it ought to be changed . . . but the legistraitors only listen to the sound of green and votes and vocal gun owners are such a small minority (even of all gun owners) that they don't need to care about us.

The answer is we MUST LOBBY VERY HARD for MSP to take over ALL firearms licensing . . . TTBOMK, they issue per MGLs and don't make stuff up.

Be aware that MCOPA lobbies VERY HARD (with political support for candidates that "see it their way") to keep it like it is.

I fully agree that the situation is despicable and shouldn't be that way, and I testified for years on Bacon Hill that it ought to be changed . . . but the legistraitors only listen to the sound of green and votes and vocal gun owners are such a small minority (even of all gun owners) that they don't need to care about us.

I agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom