Ready to rock at the home front - your thoughts?

1. Get over whatever's keeping you from carrying in your own house. Or 2. (and not mutually exclusive either) consider installing two or more quick-release lockboxes specifically designed for pistols.

1. load guns
2. disperse around house
3. who the hell is gonna know
If I wasn't on my smartphone and quickly quoting this post while in line for my coffee I'd type in "THIS" about seven thousand times and say +1 cobra.

In my home I'm literally never more than five or ten feet away from a well hidden/stashed, ready-to-rock .38 or .40..
But just hope you (we!) never have a fire, incident, or something else to bring the cavalry to our bedrooms when we're not around.. y'know?

That's always my worry, that I'll have a fainting spell some afternoon while outside at the mailbox opening my car insurance bill or reading my electric bill increase, the neighbors call the cops about the guy belly up in his driveway, and since the wife and kids aren't home, Sergeant Jack Bootthug decides to "secure the scene"... until my wife returns from spending my paycheck at Victoria's Secret, etc...

These are the threads that make me consider moving to lovely Kentucky, brutally hot and humid Georgia, etc... NH too, but how long before enough MA pinheads move up there and not only the governor but 3/4 of the legislature, several mayors etc are (like Maggie) born and brainwashed in MassaPukesetts

Last edited:
Not knowing the nature of the "emergency", it's still difficult for me to imagine being "ordered" anywhere in my own house, let alone giving anyone free access to my property, without warrant or cause.

Thankfully to date you have no idea how police work is done. I know nothing either about the emergency noted above, but can tell you that the police separate residents (different rooms) and interrogate/interview each one separately to determine what might have happened when they are unsure. And refusal will not go well for you.

That's exactly what I do, all day everyday. I feel naked without one. Why play squirrel and hide firearms all over the house when you can have one with you all the time. Yes, it is possible to have one all the time.

What good is the firearm under the bookshelf when you are taking a sh$t in the bathroom.

What? You mean you don't have a bookshelf with a quick release gun in your bathroom?? [laugh]

Not knowing the nature of the "emergency", it's still difficult for me to imagine being "ordered" anywhere in my own house, let alone giving anyone free access to my property, without warrant or cause.

Apparently they felt that the dead person lying on the floor due to an undetermined cause of death gave them "probable cause". YMMV

Last edited:
NH too, but how long before enough MA pinheads move up there and not only the governor but 3/4 of the legislature, several mayors etc are (like Maggie) born and brainwashed in MassaPukesetts
New Hampshire has statewide preemption, so it doesn't really matter what mayors think or desire. We just need to keep the legislature in check, and replace our one-foot-out-the-door governor.

While we do get some progressive tax refugees from neighboring states, consider that the Free State Project hasn't even officially started to move and we're already seeing changes from the dozen plus state reps (both D and R) elected from their ranks, as well as political backlash from progressives. If things are already getting interesting with maybe 2,000 free state folk here, imagine what 20,000 additional liberty-minded voters can accomplish?

New Hampshire has statewide preemption, so it doesn't really matter what mayors think or desire. We just need to keep the legislature in check, and replace our one-foot-out-the-door governor.
But how, in one of the greatest states, did she become Governor to begin with? THAT is they type of sh*t that would make me think twice when moving vans time rolls around...that this dipsh*t was the best they could do? And Shaheen before her?...Wow. Scary.

1.5 years doesn't make you a PP.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Respectfully I disagree based on 18 USC 922(g)
(1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
It's why they added the 1.5 years to the statute, only reason.

I have 4 Gun Vaults with suitable pistols in each. My wife and I both have LTCs, so everyone here is licensed. The rifles are locked in a metal cabinet. If I need the AR15 I admit I'm in trouble, but between the S&W .357 and the Sig 9mm, I think I'm OK.

MA gun storage laws, and being prepared to use a gun quickly in defense of your life are polar opposites. Pick which one is more important to you.

MA gun storage laws, and being prepared to use a gun quickly in defense of your life are polar opposites. Pick which one is more important to you.

So far I've never had a situation where I needed a gun to defend myself in my house (knock on wood). However, I have had a situation where I would have been incarcerated due to the MA storage law because the police entered my house unexpectedly. With all the quick access options out there I see it as a matter of playing the odds and making a compromise somewhere in the middle.

I carry at home unless I'm in the shower. Why any sane person would do otherwise is beyond me. When I'm asleep my gun is on the nightstand with a trigger lock.

Fiancee is the same, and has her LTC, so no worries there if either of us becomes "incapacitated".

I carry at home unless I'm in the shower. Why any sane person would do otherwise is beyond me. When I'm asleep my gun is on the nightstand with a trigger lock.

Trigger lock on the gun on your nightstand?
All due respect, put yourself in a "What if.." situation. Dunno bout you but when I wake even after 6 solid hours, the first minute or two are "Where am I? What day is this?".
It's worse at 3am when I realize my bladder is 50 years old like the rest of my body and dammit I gotta get up and whizz. I'm groggy, in a "fog" etc, and the thought of fumbling with a trigger lock when wife shakes me awake and says "someone's in the house"??
No trigger lock on any nightstand gun for me. It's ready to go, God forbid, and I make no apologies for that. And yes, those who might say "But if you're groggy you're now groggy holding an unlocked loaded gun", my reply is Yep, but I'll wake up REAL fast if someone is actually busting in, and those 15-30 seconds to turn on a light and phuck with a trigger lock? Sorry, not at this address.

Reference the awful Cates murder in NH. Some here say "if she only hadn't gotten rid of her guns when she moved to NH and" felt safer ". What if she hadn't gotten rid of them, but kept one locked on her nightstand? She'd still be just as dead.

My nightstand = G22 with 15 HPmag +1 in the hole. "Storage laws"?... According to who? According to the "good responsible people" like Medford Detective Lebert?? I have one life, irreplaceable. To hell with Lebert, to hell with his red town Chief, to hell with his MAIG/ Bloomberg-butt-boy (outgoing) Mayor, and to hell with the Obama administration amnestied-illegal rapist/home invader too. And to hell with a trigger lock on my nightstand gun also.

I keep a trigger lock, with key in it, beside all my home-stashed weapons. If God forbid I ever have to use one, my first move is to lock each one with a quick "apply it and lock it" turn of the key(s)..
then I'll "just call 911" and the one I used has its lock on the nightstand "right beside where I grabbed it from and unlocked it, officer".

"But would you have presence of mind to run around locking guns when the Trumpish-illegal is bleeding on the floor?".. Already rehearsed this mentally and I'm pretty confident I'd manage. Or maybe I wouldn't, but at least I'll be alive to tell you whether it worked out for me or not...

Last edited:
Respectfully I disagree based on 18 USC 922(g)
(1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
It's why they added the 1.5 years to the statute, only reason.

Correction, Under 18 USC 921, a state misdemeanor under 2 years does not make one a PP. However, beware the Hi Cap near children language in the storage statute.

Fiancee is the same, and has her LTC, so no worries there if either of us becomes "incapacitated".
You lost me once you said you keep a trigger lock on your bedside gun lol

Heh.

I kind of thought he meant his pistol is there on the nightstand, and, oh, yeah--there's a lock with a key in it laying there as well. [thumbsup]

I said: "When I'm asleep my gun is on the nightstand with a trigger lock."

It's also there with a lamp, flashlight, glass of water...

One of you read me right, one did not.

Let's just say that stating on a public forum that you break the law, when trolls from the AG's office and probably some DAs are looking to "pick some low hanging fruit" is not a wise thing to do.

Additionally for OpSec purposes it isn't wise to post publicly whatever you do for your own security. Even if you live in Free America!!

If you think hiding behind a fake name protects you, think again, anyone motivated can smoke out almost anyone on the Internet, especially if they have the power of a subpoena to get IP addresses, etc.

Let's just say that stating on a public forum that you break the law, when trolls from the AG's office and probably some DAs are looking to "pick some low hanging fruit" is not a wise thing to do.

Additionally for OpSec purposes it isn't wise to post publicly whatever you do for your own security. Even if you live in Free America!!

If you think hiding behind a fake name protects you, think again, anyone motivated can smoke out almost anyone on the Internet, especially if they have the power of a subpoena to get IP addresses, etc.
Please I don't need an education, I'm joking with the guy and honestly couldn't care less what any of you guys do with your home defense, and I'm not concerned with some POS trolling the message boards to see if I'm following every stupid law in the state, if someone wants to come to my house and check on me they can feel free, I'm good.

Please I don't need an education, I'm joking with the guy and honestly couldn't care less what any of you guys do with your home defense, and I'm not concerned with some POS trolling the message boards to see if I'm following every stupid law in the state, if someone wants to come to my house and check on me they can feel free, I'm good.

Not trying to educate you as much as give a "warning" to all readers to think twice before posting once. Many think that posting under a fake name means nobody can ID them and it simply isn't true.

ETA: Like you, I don't care what people do with the info I provide here or in my seminars, they are free to make their own decisions to obey the law or not.

Sorry if I missed this, but if you're asleep does that mean you're not in direct control of the firearm?

Sorry if I missed this, but if you're asleep does that mean you're not in direct control of the firearm?

A number of years ago the 2 gun attorneys (both banned here now) opined as follows: one said OK, other said NOT OK!

Take your pick, but a good argument can be made that you aren't controlling a gun while sleeping. A DA could make your life miserable over this issue.

A number of years ago the 2 gun attorneys (both banned here now) opined as follows: one said OK, other said NOT OK!

Take your pick, but a good argument can be made that you aren't controlling a gun while sleeping. A DA could make your life miserable over this issue.

ok, thanks. Since I have kids it's not an option anyway. And the way I sleep, a rhinoceros could sneak in and steal the gun without waking me up.

Back
Top Bottom