Read GOAL's New Report on MA Gun Control Failure

Well you should have checked them better. You need to do a whole better job on a lot of things over there at goal. Thanks.

c66f7c69-6821-48c5-9e4e-5c4c252b13b0_1.321db03200330caae2b4dd16816222eb.jpeg

Nobody really cares and few will read it.

Do you respond to an Everytown report with "Gee, I'll read this, there might be something in it that will cause me to rethink my pro-gun rights position"?

Not exactly, but when I read them I *do* look for things they might be right about.

It's shockingly rare that I find anything that isn't just made up propaganda bullshit.

When they *do* have some point (or data or viewpoint) that isn't complete horseshit, I find it useful to be able to

1) examine if it's actually relevant (something technically true might be counteracted by something else more important)
2) find counter-examples, and be prepare for "but I read that..." arguments.

I read *Pro*-gun stuff with the same eye: If we say stuff that's factually false or logically inconsistent, do you not think that they're looking at it as ammunition to tear down 2A rights?

Nobody (outside of this group) today would READ the FP.

But the APPROACH, of creating a pen name and publishing a series of thought provoking articles, could work. Assuming one could dupe a media outlet the lefties read, into running the articles.
Ben Rhodes and the DNC does this daily. There is no conservative media outside talk radio and the internet. Which is why the left wants to monopolize and destroy both.

Where did GOAL get their statistics on accidental gun deaths? It lists 0 in 2008, however a young boy was killed in an accident when he lost control of an uzi at the Westfield Sportman's Club in October 2008.
It might've been considered negligent. He should have been supervised more closely from what I heard about it. So maybe that's why it's not listed but as far as I know they would still list it under accidental anyway in this state.

Nobody really cares and few will read it.

Do you respond to an Everytown report with "Gee, I'll read this, there might be something in it that will cause me to rethink my pro-gun rights position"?

No, but most people don't have views as strong as mine. This stuff does have an impact on the people in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom