• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RCBS Warranty

I was given a RCBS 5-10 balance beam scale by an individual who is giving up serious shooting and getting rid of his reloading equipment. The plastic "foot" on the left bottom to level the scale was broken. Here is the RCBS response to my email asking how I can order this part:

Hello Robert ,
We will order the replacement part under warranty and send it to the address you provided. Once it ships you will get an email with a tracking number from the postal service. We appreciate the patience in fulfilling your order, as it may be delayed slightly due to slower processing mail. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery.
Please expect a delay for email replies. If you do not need further assistance please do not reply to this email so there is less volume coming in. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

I was given a RCBS 5-10 balance beam scale by an individual who is giving up serious shooting and getting rid of his reloading equipment. The plastic "foot" on the left bottom to level the scale was broken. Here is the RCBS response to my email asking how I can order this part:

Hello Robert ,
We will order the replacement part under warranty and send it to the address you provided. Once it ships you will get an email with a tracking number from the postal service. We appreciate the patience in fulfilling your order, as it may be delayed slightly due to slower processing mail. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing and delivery.
Please expect a delay for email replies. If you do not need further assistance please do not reply to this email so there is less volume coming in. Thank you for being a loyal customer!
RCBS...good stuff and great company.

When did Dillon Precision acquire RCBS?
Dillon is voiding warrantees.

Have a "lifetime guaranteed" tumbler from the old days before they added a "1 year electronics" clause? Make a claim and they replace your tumbler, give you a 1 year warranty on the replacement, and cancel the lifetime warranty. Sort of like if a dealership replaced your transmission at 10K miles; cancelled the 60K guarantee and told you the replacement came with a 20K guarantee.

Last edited:
no secret about rcbs customer service, it's been like that for decades. i think a lot of people would find out that most of the companies who specialize in reloading tools have the same mind set to do right by their customers if they'd just call them or shoot off an email instead of coming on a public forum to cry over a broken component. personally, besides rcbs, i've had the same first class service from lyman, lee and redding. lyman replaced an entire 40 year old inertia hammer bullet puller when i called and said i lost the collet and i'd like to buy a replacement. and lee sent me an entire 13 pc set of shell holders for their hand primer tool when i told them when i bought a specific holder as a single, the wrong one was in the blister pac. just sayin', not trying to hijacking.

When did Dillon Precision acquire RCBS?
is this true? when? i can't find anything about it doing a trusty google search.

Lee does the same thing
Sort of. If a press is really beat they will replace it for 50% of retail, which is the approximate street price and more than it would collect selling the press to a distributor. They are great, but not like Dillon that will do a free refurb on all but their top of the line presses.

Sort of. If a press is really beat they will replace it for 50% of retail, which is the approximate street price and more than it would collect selling the press to a distributor. They are great, but not like Dillon that will do a free refurb on all but their top of the line presses.
This is true, although lee does give you al lot of free parts for repair yourself.
I rebuilt 3 pro 1000s last year it was more in shipping than parts cost.
Then again the lee pro1000 is cheap
Even now they are only running $250 with dies. You can find the older models axlittle cheaper

Very true. I purchased a VERY old and used Dillon Square Deal Press several years ago. It had been left in the corner of a basement for years and it looked it. Pieces were broken/missing.

I sent it back to Dillon and they "rebuilt" it for free and sent it back to me. Not much of the original press was used in the rebuild and it works like new. My cost was just shipping it to them. [thumbsup]

Really? That must be new because a few years ago I had one of their single stage presses that finally snapped after many many years of use and they offered to replace it free if I covered the shipping.

Really? That must be new because a few years ago I had one of their single stage presses that finally snapped after many many years of use and they offered to replace it free if I covered the shipping.
Its depends really, I always call lee when I have a problem. I think the single stage presses that break the housing or main body get a free replacement?

Back
Top Bottom