• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Warranty - yeah, that went well...

From what I can gather online, yes- it seems that those things leaking is very common. Looking at the picture of the split rifle, the piping from the co2 tank all the way to the valve is done very poorly with lots of elbows with short leads that puts a lot of stress on the seals as the whole thing moves around at each shot. Here is what I found online showing the potential leak points:

To be honest in a hind sight I have spent more money for less fun with the kids on other occasions. Those were 300-400 pellets that allowed me to actually teach them safety, rifle handling, posture, shot mentality, sight picture, etc. A fair trade I would say for $200.

I am not that kind of guy. I would share my experiences with my co-thinkers here on the board, but that is the extent I will pursue this. Life is too short to sue one of the few gun vendors in the region over an air rifle. Besides, said vendors are an endangered species as is- I do not like the idea of making their litigation landscape even more crowded.

Oh, I know the drill- I am very well versed in this language, proceedings and the whole exercise. The issue is that the malfunction is not a safety issue. That would be the only scenario under which I would take this further. All I am doing here is venting and warding off my fellow NESers.

Back yard plinking. I am getting them ready for the actual range and to get the upper hand on mitigating some of the inherent risks there when you mix kids and guns :)

I am the one that was replacing the cylinders and as I said- no- I was not cranking them as I know a thing or two..

ON the Daisies- Thank you. I will check those out. The kids wanted the "cool" rifles, so that is why I got the Sigs initially.

I did not open the rifle as there was no need to- that is what warranty is for and that is why I bought it from a "real" vendor instead of getting it off say Ebay.

Just looked at the RMA label - it went to their shop in Exeter, NH.
Looked at that site/pics. Are those shitty pot metal inside or aluminum? Hard to tell. If it's pot metal I can see why they can't repair it. You can't weld/braze that.
Even if was aluminum, I'm sure it's not cost effective for them to repair it, looking at all the small parts too, it would be very labor intensive for them to replace. Either way, if all these are leaking like this it's obvious they don't want to eat the cost of labor to fix, or eat the cost of replacing the rifle....that is going to eventually leak anyway. So they basically say FU to everybody.
If that was mine, and it was junk anyway, I'd put some air in it, find where the leaks were, and pack the shit out of the area with JB weld and hope for the best.

Looked at that site/pics. Are those shitty pot metal inside or aluminum? Hard to tell. If it's pot metal I can see why they can't repair it. You can't weld/braze that.
Even if was aluminum, I'm sure it's not cost effective for them to repair it, looking at all the small parts too, it would be very labor intensive for them to replace. Either way, if all these are leaking like this it's obvious they don't want to eat the cost of labor to fix, or eat the cost of replacing the rifle....that is going to eventually leak anyway. So they basically say FU to everybody.
If that was mine, and it was junk anyway, I'd put some air in it, find where the leaks were, and pack the shit out of the area with JB weld and hope for the best.
The 5 year warranty on air rifles is a mistake for them.
They should have put 90 days on that POS.
some one in the big office probably thought more would buy if buyers see the warranty.

From what I can gather online, yes- it seems that those things leaking is very common. Looking at the picture of the split rifle, the piping from the co2 tank all the way to the valve is done very poorly with lots of elbows with short leads that puts a lot of stress on the seals as the whole thing moves around at each shot. Here is what I found online showing the potential leak points:

To be honest in a hind sight I have spent more money for less fun with the kids on other occasions. Those were 300-400 pellets that allowed me to actually teach them safety, rifle handling, posture, shot mentality, sight picture, etc. A fair trade I would say for $200.

I am not that kind of guy. I would share my experiences with my co-thinkers here on the board, but that is the extent I will pursue this. Life is too short to sue one of the few gun vendors in the region over an air rifle. Besides, said vendors are an endangered species as is- I do not like the idea of making their litigation landscape even more crowded.

Oh, I know the drill- I am very well versed in this language, proceedings and the whole exercise. The issue is that the malfunction is not a safety issue. That would be the only scenario under which I would take this further. All I am doing here is venting and warding off my fellow NESers.

Back yard plinking. I am getting them ready for the actual range and to get the upper hand on mitigating some of the inherent risks there when you mix kids and guns :)

I am the one that was replacing the cylinders and as I said- no- I was not cranking them as I know a thing or two..

ON the Daisies- Thank you. I will check those out. The kids wanted the "cool" rifles, so that is why I got the Sigs initially.

I did not open the rifle as there was no need to- that is what warranty is for and that is why I bought it from a "real" vendor instead of getting it off say Ebay.

Just looked at the RMA label - it went to their shop in Exeter, NH.
Im surprised it did not go to one of the “authorized” repair centers ?

Its all cast shit metal , maybe zinc to give it its heft.

some one in the big office probably thought more would buy if buyers see the warranty.

Their warranty is one year I believe. I bought the rifles some time in the early summer of last year. At least the MCX Virtus PCP is still working.

On another note, the rifle in question was made in Japan, so in my book it should have been of decent quality. Apparently not...

I've tested many warranties. My Grohe and Kohler plumbing fixtures.... rock solid. Replaced quite a few things. I love when companies change stuff mid stream.
I have a 25+ year old Snap on philips screwdriver that I broke... again... now they won't replace it unless I prove that I bought it. WTF. I guess they don't like guys buying used up tools as the pawn shop and replacing them under warranty. I just bought some new fuel line for my boat. It has a 5 year warranty. So far I've been chucking that stuff every 3 years. Even with the star brite and draining it out every year.... I'll definitely be testing that one in 3 years.

I will also add that SIG probably never even opened the rifle up.
Now you've got my juices flowing:

(In the future...)
Place a seal over a disassembly point;
say, a drop of scented Yankee Candle wax over a phillips screw head.
Emboss it with a non-duplicatable pattern.
Take a timestamped macro photo of the sealed fastener
before you send the item out for service.

If you get the item back along with some ragtime about how they opened it up
and some shade-tree gunsmithing has voided the warranty,
yet the seal is unbroken - it's Wapner Time...

Now you've got my juices flowing:

(In the future...)
Place a seal over a disassembly point;
say, a drop of scented Yankee Candle wax over a phillips screw head.
Emboss it with a non-duplicatable pattern.
reminds me very much an ordeal i had with a sigma service for some nikon dslr glass about a decade ago. some stuff never changes. they rejected the claim and when i got it back i saw that they never even opened the lens for an inspection.

I've tested many warranties. My Grohe and Kohler plumbing fixtures.... rock solid. Replaced quite a few things. I love when companies change stuff mid stream.
I have a 25+ year old Snap on philips screwdriver that I broke... again... now they won't replace it unless I prove that I bought it. WTF. I guess they don't like guys buying used up tools as the pawn shop and replacing them under warranty. I just bought some new fuel line for my boat. It has a 5 year warranty. So far I've been chucking that stuff every 3 years. Even with the star brite and draining it out every year.... I'll definitely be testing that one in 3 years.
Snap on warranty ....snap on as a whole has not been the same since they went mega corporate .
Heck they dont even offer good trade ins any more. Used to be able to trade up the “older” tools to get you into “newer” tools. Not so much these days

I am not impressed with the Sig warranty.

A local shooter had the alloy frame on his Sig handgun cracked. Unlike S&W or Glock, they told him "That gun had an acceptable service life" rather than "we'll take care of you". They offered to sell him a replacement at an attractive cost, so he bought. When he got the gun, it was well used - Sig's response "Well, you certainly didn't expect us to sell you a new gun at that price did you?" (well, yeah when Glock or S&W would have fixed the gun for free).

When I asked a then-Sig marketing person I knew outside his Sig capacity about this he was indignant that a customer would even think of getting a new gun just because the old one broke.

There are no Sigs in my safe, despite them being excellent guns.

Snap on warranty ....snap on as a whole has not been the same since they went mega corporate .
I find it funny that places like Snap On with lifetime warranties demand proof of purchase. Same for Weathertech. Just a scam to try to avoid paying claims when the product does not have any alternative non-warrantied sources.

.. and the scam of "sell you a replacement for more than the product gets when it leaves our factory into normal distribution channels". Like heavily discounted Lee equipment coming with a "50% off" lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
I had my basement shower head crap out. Original to the house 1971 I called the manufacture and they sent me the parts to rebuild it. Free. The lady said the control head is indestructible and still in use.
I forget the name , I can look later.
Some warranties are ok. So far Milwaukee tool had been great ,
Heck even Harbor Freight is messing with their warranties.

Their warranty is one year I believe. I bought the rifles some time in the early summer of last year. At least the MCX Virtus PCP is still working.

On another note, the rifle in question was made in Japan, so in my book it should have been of decent quality. Apparently not...
Seems the 5 year is product specific to their brake barrel rifle.
ASP20 rifle has 5yr

Last edited:
reminds me very much an ordeal i had with a sigma service for some nikon dslr glass about a decade ago. some stuff never changes. they rejected the claim and when i got it back i saw that they never even opened the lens for an inspection.
I never would have thought of it if there wasn't a bunch of
(wonderful) anecdotes, like yours, out there.

You guys probably don’t remember or know the story. Another member here Sparky sent his belt fed back and told them it was a piece of shit...Sparky tells it I put on my lipstick and suck some dick. Sometimes you got to do what you Gotta do. I got a free $4500 belt fed upper., They sent him a $2000 bill..Mostly because they’ve never seen one used so much because I let everybody play with it.....

But I’m also the first person to tell somebody to go f*** themselves when it’s a piece of shit. The free upper only ran about 40 rounds. They did fix it. No complaints

Warranty, extended warranty I don’t even believe insurance. But I do like is somebody who stands behind their product

You guys probably don’t remember or know the story. Another member here Sparky sent his belt fed back and told them it was a piece of shit...Sparky tells it I put on my lipstick and suck some dick. Sometimes you got to do what you Gotta do. I got a free $4500 belt fed upper., They sent him a $2000 bill..Mostly because they’ve never seen one used so much because I let everybody play with it.....

But I’m also the first person to tell somebody to go f*** themselves when it’s a piece of shit. The free upper only ran about 40 rounds. They did fix it. No complaints

Warranty, extended warranty I don’t even believe insurance. But I do like is somebody who stands behind their product
Check out the Vortex scope warranty. No paperwork; lifetime; no conditions; no "Exclusing electronics which are limited to xx year(s)". All the big guys up to and including Acog have that last qualifier in their "lifetime" warranty.

Check out the Vortex scope warranty. No paperwork; lifetime; no conditions; no "Exclusing electronics which are limited to xx year(s)". All the big guys up to and including Acog have that last qualifier in their "lifetime" warranty.
The second you’re reading a warranty you’ve already wasted your time. I’m still rocking my EO Tech with the wandering zero. The trick is you can’t let it get hot and cold is zero it and you leave it in the cold. I guess it was a military contract and everything and people were upset but I didn’t even want my money back. You’re talking about a ghost ring and a heads up display. It works to 300 yards. It’s not even a goddamn scope with the Magnifier.

While I considered a piece of shit set up. It gets the job done...The predecessor to this EO Tech was a complete piece of shit because the batteries were installed in line with your barrel. Like the springs are going to wear out from the vibration. End rant

You also have to remember Vortec used to be the shittiest optic on the planet.The newer ones for the price are actually pretty good. I just can’t believe someone’s producing knock offs of an already shitty product. Thank you China

If Sig continues to beta test using consumers they need to step up their customer service.

If Sig continues to beta test using consumers they need to step up their customer service.

All you have to do is put on your lipstick. Talk nice to people. All right I’m joking I tell everybody to f*** themselves. Sig was doing real well...Until they started painting all their shit stupid. Like it’s an accessory and not a simple tool..

I think half the problem with firearms customer service if someone buys a gun and it doesn’t work. You just got a put a f***ing thousand rounds through it and you’re good to go.

Full disclosure sog has sent me more free shit....It’s likely because 60% of my collection is sig based...

The one issue I had with Sig service..They won’t send me the f***ing tools I need to deal with a couple issues.

Basically said buy another one. Their shits expensive now...

I just pulled out the cut off wheel and the Dremel tool. Problem solved.

They do say a lot of dumb shit. Your are going to need a press for that.....

And if you read carefully the warranty doesn’t apply to full auto. Like it makes a difference

Back
Top Bottom