Rational Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go from memory here, give some examples, hopefully none from this site, but the DA is similar. Wouldn't want to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities.

The guy who had rifle powder and wanted to grind it to make pistol powder. He posted probably a dozen times that it was okay, and would not be swayed.

Guy has a squib in I think .38 SPL. with a small amount of probably Bullseye or 231. He of course is beating himself up asking for advice and getting some
reasonable responses. And then a keyboard commando responds and starts talking about SEE.

First reloads for a guy in 9MM. Horrible accuracy. A hero comes in to explain that the bullet is not engaging the rifling as his bullet has too much velocity.

Some guy shoots deer with a .22, offhand @ 500 yards or so. Pissed at himself because it wasn't DRT.

A new reloader but seasoned competitor wants to compete in High Power after a 20 or so year hiatus. 1st response is a guy who describes his recipe for the
prone rapids. It featured a 90 grain Sierra's in his .223 AR.

Another HP stalwart is describing, after many posters hinted at a typo, how great his 30-06 M1A does.

New reloader sweeps up the unburnt powder ahead of the firing line to save money. Is incensed at responses because a Marine Scout Sniper told him it was
okay.

Only use a .223 FMJ on deer, eye shots only.

Not what is the difference between micrometers and calipers, but is there a difference?

Buys a $30 scale that displays grains, grams and carats. Is butthurt because there's a difference.

Wants to know if the $5 plastic caliper is almost as good as the $150 SS one.

I have a ton of Makarov bullets. They're a little bigger than 9MM bullets. I'll let you know how they work. Never heard from again.

Will VLD's work in my 30-30. I can't seem to find any data. F' it. I'll give range results tomorrow. Never heard from again.

I'm reviewing long range rifles. 22-250 vs. 408 Chey Tac. Welcome first hand experience only with both.

Hopefully, none of these are from this site or at least recent. But we get the same stuff here. This is where I chose to post. The cradle to grave mentality apparently exists in the shooting fraternity. Let someone else do my legwork, I'm too busy. OR lazy or incompetent. After all, I may have symptoms of ADD and if I do, it's not my fault. It takes a village, don't you know? Perish the thought of actually reading to learn, seeking out knowledgeable people to learn. No. I have it. I'll post my wild ass scheme/plan/idea and let THEM figure it out for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom