• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rascal or Crickett for an 8 year old.

Specs on setup and how it works?

Today I was helping a bunch of cub scouts shoot BB guns. Some (like my kids who shoot) get it, they aren’t the only ones. Others struggle with the crappy notch rear sight. When I’m king, I will mandate that even cheap crappy Cubs out BB guns have aperture sights!!
Like these
Good luck getting BSOA funding these

Holy crap, 152 yards? Lobbing the crap out of those BBs.

VELOCITY:240 feet per second (fps).
MAXIMUM SHOOTING DISTANCE:152 Y
Looks like a red Ryder with good sights on it!

The council has these for them to use, they’re ok, better than a red Ryder!

Looks like a red Ryder with good sights on it!

The council has these for them to use, they’re ok, better than a red Ryder!
The daisy match sights will mount right on that and you could JB weld a front globe on or go with a front base and you can swap out globes of different heights . Or just use the front post.
Being a 10m or less BB gun your going to need a some what tall front sight to get it zeroed.
A call to daisy I bet they have a good price on the match sights for BSA.

When my son was 5, I started him with a break barrel pellet gun. 1200' per second. He would stand on a milk crate, rest the rifle on the railing to the deck and shoot at tin cans at varying distances. We focused on trigger pull and breathing, safety and trigger discipline. I would make him recite the safety rules. Eventually put a 3-9 scope on it.
His first real rifle was a Henry Golden Boy when he was 7 almost 8, for Christmas. To this day, it is still his/our favorite rifle. He would ask to clean it between range trips, just because he wanted to be able to handle the rifle and learn how to take it apart. I would have to drag him off of the range.
We would shoot 22 shorts in the back yard, it holds 21, and one of our favorite things to do was to shoot mom's pumpkins and the jackolanterns in November.
Lots of great memories with that rifle.
His next rifle was an M&P 15-22 with irons. We put a red dot on it a few years later.

When my son was 5, I started him with a break barrel pellet gun. 1200' per second. He would stand on a milk crate, rest the rifle on the railing to the deck and shoot at tin cans at varying distances. We focused on trigger pull and breathing, safety and trigger discipline. I would make him recite the safety rules. Eventually put a 3-9 scope on it.
His first real rifle was a Henry Golden Boy when he was 7 almost 8, for Christmas. To this day, it is still his/our favorite rifle. He would ask to clean it between range trips, just because he wanted to be able to handle the rifle and learn how to take it apart. I would have to drag him off of the range.
We would shoot 22 shorts in the back yard, it holds 21, and one of our favorite things to do was to shoot mom's pumpkins and the jackolanterns in November.
Lots of great memories with that rifle.
His next rifle was an M&P 15-22 with irons. We put a red dot on it a few years later.
Invading easter eggs where a big hit with my daughter

Back
Top Bottom