• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ranges for NATO rounds?

This might be an example of why some ranges just say no PCC on the pistol range because some people would think rifles are okay.

Hello, are there any ranges in MA that permit Rifle fire with NATO rounds? So far I’ve only seen pistol caliber allowed…Thanka!

@MK25 Your question is a bit confusing.

First, NATO rounds are nothing unusual or strange, just rounds made to some NATO standard.

I am not aware of any range which restricts rifle fire to pistol caliber rounds. Can you name a range which has such a restriction? Or tell us who told you this?

If you could explain yourself a little bit better and in more depth, you would get some more informational replies.

Just a suggestion.

I am not aware of any range which restricts rifle fire to pistol caliber rounds. Can you name a range which has such a restriction? Or tell us who told you this?
Both my MA and NH clubs have such restrictions in certain areas.
At the MA club, certain plates are restricted to pistol rounds/PCC only due to the proximity of the firing line (outdoor range). Additionally, only 22lr is allowed for rifles on the indoor range (and no magnums of any kind, even fired from pistols).

In my NH club, one particular range only allows 22lr or pistol rounds on the plates. They actually ban 22lr ARs from that range, due to people seeing others shooting "AR-style" firearms and assuming 5.56/.223 is permissible.

That said, OP's question is tough to parse, perhaps he only uses indoor ranges which sometimes restrict to PCC rounds depending on the durability of the backstop. It sounds like he wants to shoot 5.56 or perhaps 7.62 NATO but only visits places the restrict it.

If so, there's plenty of places to shoot those rounds (and those of higher power).

Last edited:
Both my MA and NH clubs have such restrictions in certain areas.
At the MA club, certain plates are restricted to pistol rounds/PCC only due to the proximity of the firing line (outdoor range). Additionally, only 22lr is allowed for rifles on the indoor range (and no magnums of any kind, even fired from pistols).

In my NH club, one particular range only allows 22lr or pistol rounds rounds on the plates. They actually ban 22lr ARs from that range, due to people seeing others shooting "AR-style" firearms and assuming 5.56/.223 is permissible.

That said, OP's question is tough to parse, perhaps he only uses indoor ranges which sometimes restrict to PCC rounds depending on the durability of the backstop. It sounds like he wants to shoot 5.56 or perhaps 7.62 NATO but only visits places the restrict it.

If so, there's plenty of places to shoot those rounds (and those of higher power).
that's only on the 22 silhouette range. you can shoot your own plates, rifle or pistol, on the utility range or in the pits

that's only on the 22 silhouette range. you can shoot your own plates, rifle or pistol, on the utility range or in the pits
Correct, just that range. Still waiting to find out the way to get your steel approved for club use, though. I believe I emailed the secretary at the time (a few years ago) and didn't get a response.

Correct, just that range. Still waiting to find out the way to get your steel approved for club use, though. I believe I emailed the secretary at the time (a few years ago) and didn't get a response.

The best is when clubs have "club steel only" rules and the steel at the club is more f***ed and unsafe than the steel most people would bring in/out on their own... 🤣

Back
Top Bottom