Ranges for NATO rounds?

The best is when clubs have "club steel only" rules and the steel at the club is more f***ed and unsafe than the steel most people would bring in/out on their own... 🤣
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people at the club don't get their steel approved, but I don't want to be that guy.

Well, if you stole them from a NATO country, I could see some importation issues on the federal side.

This place is harsh, worse to noobs than to cops, at least cops kind of expect the treatment.
It's been that way for as long as I've been here.

It's been that way for as long as I've been here.
I get the humor, I've been the target of it before, I have thick skin.

But literally and figuratively, MILLIONS of people have entered our little 'club'. If they are just now entering, they are not 'battle hardened' to the culture. Maybe institute a 100 post 'go easy' policy or something?

This place is harsh, worse to noobs than to cops, at least cops kind of expect the treatment.

If you check his stats you might find that he is not exactly a "noob". He has been on this forum for 4 years. He has 8 posts. One of them is the beginning of this thread.

The other 7 are all "In"s for monthly giveaways.

I get the humor, I've been the target of it before, I have thick skin.

But literally and figuratively, MILLIONS of people have entered our little 'club'. If they are just now entering, they are not 'battle hardened' to the culture. Maybe institute a 100 post 'go easy' policy or something?

No.
Reported.

Both my MA and NH clubs have such restrictions in certain areas.
At the MA club, certain plates are restricted to pistol rounds/PCC only due to the proximity of the firing line (outdoor range). Additionally, only 22lr is allowed for rifles on the indoor range (and no magnums of any kind, even fired from pistols).

In my NH club, one particular range only allows 22lr or pistol rounds on the plates. They actually ban 22lr ARs from that range, due to people seeing others shooting "AR-style" firearms and assuming 5.56/.223 is permissible.

That said, OP's question is tough to parse, perhaps he only uses indoor ranges which sometimes restrict to PCC rounds depending on the durability of the backstop. It sounds like he wants to shoot 5.56 or perhaps 7.62 NATO but only visits places the restrict it.

If so, there's plenty of places to shoot those rounds (and those of higher power).
Thank you very much, daekken - that was it exactly. I’d like to shoot 5.56 or 7.62 but the only ranges I’ve gone to in MA (indoor and outdoor) had these restrictions. Given all the rules in MA, I thought they might apply everywhere.

Apologies to everyone that I wasn’t clearer. Sometimes I don’t know what I don’t know - and I know that. (Pretty new to MA, same to shooting. And nope, never won a Giveway in that time).

In real life, most people say I listen more than talk. Probably a good habit for me to keep to everywhere!

Thank you very much, daekken - that was it exactly. I’d like to shoot 5.56 or 7.62 but the only ranges I’ve gone to in MA (indoor and outdoor) had these restrictions. Given all the rules in MA, I thought they might apply everywhere.

Apologies to everyone that I wasn’t clearer. Sometimes I don’t know what I don’t know - and I know that. (Pretty new to MA, same to shooting. And nope, never won a Giveway in that time).

In real life, most people say I listen more than talk. Probably a good habit for me to keep to everywhere!
You can shoot 556 at AFS inside.

Back
Top Bottom