• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range Bag

I'm looking to purchase a range bag but can't find one that I really like. Can anyone make a recommendation?

The Midway bag that is a rip off of the shooterconnection bag, it will not last under heavy use... Its cheaply made. It depends on how much abuse you thnk you bag will get, taking it from your car to the shooting bench, any bag will last if you don't overload it.
Carry 500 rounds, spare a spare gun and all your gear around to 10 different stages, you need a good bag.

I've made this recommendation many times here. The "traditional" range bags are nothing more than duffel bags. If you think about it you're carrying a lot of really heavy stuff, guns, ammo, etc. It doesn't take long to wear these duffel bags down to the point of worthlessness.

I bought an Irwin tool bag at ACE Hardware a few years ago. It is reinforced, cheap and hasn't shirked a single task in that entire time. Forget about the chic logos that supposedly look impressive.

Thank you for your time[wink]

Last edited:
I have a 'traditional range bag', and have no plans to buy another one when this one dies. Too expensive, too big, carries more stuff than I can pick up.

If I lost it tomorrow, I'd get this from Duluth.

After all, I'm carrying tools and supplies around, right?

I have a tool box like case from Plano that has all my cleaning supply's, i leave that at home because i clean my guns when i get home. then i have my ll bean backpack that I have had since 5th grade that I carry my targets, spotting scope,corrosive ammo cleaning solution, earplugs,ammo..ect that gos to the range with me.

I'm using an old laptop bag from several years ago. It's wide enough to hold boxes of ammo, tall enough to hold targets, and long enough to hold three or four padded cases. Funny thing is that it looks like a range bag, not a laptop bag.

This is what I just picked up during Christmas.
41F0Z8J1ETL._SS400_.jpg

Holds 2 pistols and 2 mags or 2 speed loaders for each. The foam is precut and you can arrange it as you need to ie 2 1911s or 2 revolvers or one of each.

Middle compartment is wide open and could easily hold a case of pistol ammo.
the lid sections have moveable dividers and are fully padded. Deep enough to put a p22 in there.

I carry my eyes and ears in small seperate range bag that contains small tools, target supplies and other accessories. I like to keep my more fragile items away from the heavy guns and ammo.

Plus the guns are locked and i can get to my other supplies without having to unlock the gun case each time.

I got it from a wholesale gun shop in NY for about $50 (negotiated)
Amazon has it for $80

I picked up an Uncle Mike's range bag 3-4 years ago and it comes with me every time I head out loaded with 2-3 pistols, all mags, ammo and related accessories. I mean I really load this thing up heavy, now I would say I have out grown it in terms of my need for space but haven't found a better solution yet. Can't remember for the life of me if I got it at Four Seasons or online, but it is a decent deal with your C&R through Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=610839

I would suggest picking up some Waller pistol pouches, they are $1.00 for 5 or 10 magazine capacity. I use the 5 mags model in my Uncle Mikes.

http://www.wallerandson.com/mpouch.htm

The Midway bag that is a rip off of the shooterconnection bag, it will not last under heavy use... Its cheaply made. It depends on how much abuse you thnk you bag will get, taking it from your car to the shooting bench, any bag will last if you don't overload it.
Carry 500 rounds, spare a spare gun and all your gear around to 10 different stages, you need a good bag.

This has not been my experience so far and it has alot of good reviews. As you said it depends how much abuse your bag will get.

I've made this recommendation many times here. The "traditional" range bags are nothing more than duffel bags. If you think about it you're carrying a lot of really heavy stuff, guns, ammo, etc. It doesn't take long to wear these duffel bags down to the point of worthlessness.

I bought an Irwin tool bag at ACE Hardware a few years ago. It is reinforced, cheap and hasn't shirked a single task in that entire time. Forget about the chic logos that supposedly look impressive.

Thank you for your time[wink]

a Salesguy just gave me a brand name electrical tool bag....that's my new range bag![smile]

Whatever one uses for a range bag, it would be prudent to dedicate that bag or box to range use; that is to say, don't share a bag or box between range and "other" duty. This will eliminate the risk of unintentionally transporting something where it is a no-no.

Whatever one uses for a range bag, it would be prudent to dedicate that bag or box to range use; that is to say, don't share a bag or box between range and "other" duty. This will eliminate the risk of unintentionally transporting something where it is a no-no.

we'll see what i forget when the spring semester begins and my "coyote hunting bag" is transformed back into my back pack lol

Eagle Deluxe Pro Shooters Bag,I have one in multicam because I'm tactical.

Made in the USA
Large YYK zippers
Lots of storage for mags
Padded pistol pouches
It is 2 bags in one,the inside bag comes out
It's multicam,so you can barely see it,I lost in at the range one time

What's not to like,except for the price ?

Gear_Bags_Eagle_Deluxe_Pro_Shooter_Bag_Multicam.jpg

Back
Top Bottom