• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quick questions....

I moved out of MA into CT at the end of December. Regarding my LTC-A I am assuming that I need to notify MA that I moved, correct? Also, does the fact that I have/had a LTC-A in MA make it easier for them to issue me an out of state license?

Thanks!

I moved out of MA into CT at the end of December. Regarding my LTC-A I am assuming that I need to notify MA that I moved, correct?

You need to notify the chief of police of the town that issued your LTC and the Executive Director of the Criminal History Systems Board. The notification must be done in writing, by certified mail. Goal has a handy form: http://www.goal.org/misc/faq/overview.html

IANAL, but I believe you need to send a change of address letter to the issuing LEO and CHSB. You can use this form GOAL. No need to send to your CT LEO (only need two of the three).

You don't actually need to, but you should send the forms to your former COP and CHSB as well, because otherwise they'll revoke instead of invalidate your license, making an NR permit that much harder to get. As for CT, they don't need to be notified whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom