• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Quick AK question

I have a friend who’s brother moved out of state years ago , left him his ak he bought in state around the 2010 mark. Said friend has done nothing with this gun and it still in his safe . Should he be filing an fa10 for the gun or just leave it be and continue to use it ?

I know what OP should do but another question I have on this

You have a "seller" that moved out of state 10 years ago
You have someone "buyer" that is still in state
The reporting transfer burden was on the seller correct?
So 10+ years ago and out of state and current owner and the seller I see no risk

Last edited:
I know what OP should do but another question I have on this

You have a "seller" that moved out of state 10 years ago
You have someone "buyer" that is still in state
The reporting transfer burden was on the seller correct?
So 10+ years ago and out of state and current owner and the seller I see no risk

Statute of limitations is 6 years. Been longer then that. If he fa10d it there’s a chance it wouldn’t even have shown up on the list as we have recently seen…

...in other words, again: "What AK?"

Similar situation as OP, but the original owner is deceased. No known relatives left. Owner passed over 20 years ago, and gun has been in the safe and unused since. What happens with an abandoned firearm?

Similar situation as OP, but the original owner is deceased. No known relatives left. Owner passed over 20 years ago, and gun has been in the safe and unused since. What happens with an abandoned firearm?

What happens with it? It shoots. As soon as you take it out and experience its joys.

It's not "abandoned." It's yours. Because he said you could use it before he passed.

I loaned a second car to a friend who worked for me. He converted and moved to Israel. In gratitude, he left me his S&W 442 and Ruger SR9C. I don’t carry them because they aren’t registered to me. I suppose one of these days I might bring them to my FFL buddy and transfer them but then again, moving is the better option.

I loaned a second car to a friend who worked for me. He converted and moved to Israel. In gratitude, he left me his S&W 442 and Ruger SR9C. I don’t carry them because they aren’t registered to me. I suppose one of these days I might bring them to my FFL buddy and transfer them but then again, moving is the better option.

You shoot them though, right?

Back
Top Bottom