Question to those with T&S restriction

Do any of you carry concealed while driving to a range/club to target practice?
Again, I am getting conflicting responses on the legality of doing that.
Just curious if anybody on here does it.

Your best bet would be to ask the Chief in your town what is acceptable. IANAL but I would not CCW with a restricted LTC

Ask your licensing officer. Some towns say it's fine to CCW while heading to the range/sporting event. Some say it's not.

Ask your licensing officer. Some towns say it's fine to CCW while heading to the range/sporting event. Some say it's not.

And both towns are correct. It is completely dependent on what your own town's CLEO/licensing officer defines the restriction as. There is absolutely no statewide standard in place.

I wouldn't.

And both towns are correct. It is completely dependent on what your own town's CLEO/licensing officer defines the restriction as. There is absolutely no statewide standard in place.

. . . and the opinion of any LEO who may stop you along the way!! There's the rub. Opinions differ and an on-scene officer is NOT going to check with your CLEO for his interpretation.

Best leave it unloaded in a locked bag/case/trunk.

. . . and the opinion of any LEO who may stop you along the way!! There's the rub. Opinions differ and an on-scene officer is NOT going to check with your CLEO for his interpretation.

Yeah, but what is the enforcement mechanism here? Is it actually an arrestable offense to violate the restriction? I would figure the SOP here is to rat on the "offender" to their issuing authority. (Of course, I know LEOs who wouldn't even care about what restriction is on someone's license- many are only concerned with whether or not that person has a license. )

-Mike

Nope, it's a non-arrestable misdemeanor.

So, procedurally, if a LEO thinks you violated the restriction, they could cite you with one of those "application of criminal complaint" things, and then you'd either have to appeal it or (failing to do that) show up in court?

-Mike

So, procedurally, if a LEO thinks you violated the restriction, they could cite you with one of those "application of criminal complaint" things, and then you'd either have to appeal it or (failing to do that) show up in court?

-Mike

Lots of fun and legal expense and for what?

If your licensing officer wanted you to carry concealed, he would have issued you an unrestricted license. He didn't.

My licensing officer was telling me when i had restrictions on my LTC - that he prefer that I CCW while going to the range. You can even stop by coffee shop still will no problem. according to him it is a license to CCW, but only while to the range or place of hunting. but you should check with your licensing officer.
just remember MRA open 24/7 ;)

If your licensing officer wanted you to carry concealed, he would have issued you an unrestricted license. He didn't.

somewhat correct but some city's and towns have some stupid rules, so they will issue restricted LTC-A for first timers then after renewal or year later you can request unrestricted LTC-A. but it does not mean that you'll get it.
I know people whom went this rout and have a LTC-A no restrictions.

What was that saying? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why temp fate and join the ranks of the unsuitable when you can follow the law and not worry about it until renewal upgrade.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom