• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for the Law Book guys..

I just got this message from my buddy.

He's a Glock Guru and we were talking Mag Laws here in MA.

..like in Ohio there is a law that most do not know about... it states that anyone w/a magazine that is 31 rounds or over has a machine gun... this way when the jack boots raid you and find nothing they can still bust you because you have that 75rd AK drum in your garage...

We don't have a sneaky law like that one here do we?

C-pher said:
JonJ said:
Negative. I have a 75rd drum for my AK [wink]

My understanding is so do a lot of people in Ohio. They just don't know that it's a no-no.
That sucks but when you look at our goofy ass firearm laws like ammunition components are considered ammo and you need a license to posses etc...

Think about it, every kid that picks up an empty shell from the street on the 4th of July as the VFW Honor Guard passes, is in violation!

We also have the AG's super duper double secret list of what he approves just so he can screw dealers. That's the only reason he doesn't want anyone to see it.

Lynne said:
LenS said:
No, there is no restriction on the size of mags/belts as long as they are pre-ban mfr.

and you have a Class A license. :D [wink]

Ahem!

LTC-B for rifles/shotguns that are hi-cap or hi-cap mags for same (the topic of this discussion).

LTC-A for hi-cap pistol or hi-cap mags for pistol (and everything that a LTC-B covers).
[wink]

LenS said:
Lynne said:
LenS said:
No, there is no restriction on the size of mags/belts as long as they are pre-ban mfr.

and you have a Class A license. :D [wink]

Ahem!

LTC-B for rifles/shotguns that are hi-cap (the topic of this discussion).

LTC-A for pistol hi-caps (and everything that a LTC-B covers).
[wink]

I stand corrected, oh guru. [lol]

(blame it on the past few days and an overdose of nitro. [wink] )

ChristosX said:
Shouldnt the AG list be public record information?

Regards,
Chris

Chris, it is public info.

Take a blank piece of paper out and review the AG's "list" . . . now you have it! [roll]

C-pher said:
LenS said:
ChristosX said:
Shouldnt the AG list be public record information?

Regards,
Chris

Chris, it is public info.

Take a blank piece of paper out and review the AG's "list" . . . now you have it! [roll]

ROFL! I love it. I have to remember that one.

C-pher,

What makes it very sad and even funnier is that it is the truth!

The truth hurts, so it is better to laugh than cry.

Well, when is someone going to do something about it. In the electrical trade, my profession, there are Codes that must be followed. These codes are enforced by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)(inspectors). Occassionally we find an AHJ who chooses to "enforce" his interpretation of the Code, even though it is clearly incorrect. In such cases we have a Board of Examiners to appeal to and they usually resolve the problem correctly. WHY IS THERE NO SIMILAR DUE PROCESS AND ACCOUNTABLILITY IN FIREARMS "LAW" REGARDING THE AG AND HIS DRACONIAN POLITICAL LEFT WING ANTI SECOND AMENDMENT FREEDOM INFRINGING AGENDA?

Regards,
Chris

Please consider this my weekly tirade. Thank you.

ChristosX said:
WHY IS THERE NO SIMILAR DUE PROCESS AND ACCOUNTABLILITY IN FIREARMS "LAW" REGARDING THE AG AND HIS DRACONIAN POLITICAL LEFT WING ANTI SECOND AMMENDMENT [sic] FREEDOM INFRINGING AGENDA?

There is. A group of dealers brought a suit; argued and lost. That pretty much muddied the waters for any other lawsuit.

Scrivener said:
ChristosX said:
WHY IS THERE NO SIMILAR DUE PROCESS AND ACCOUNTABLILITY IN FIREARMS "LAW" REGARDING THE AG AND HIS DRACONIAN POLITICAL LEFT WING ANTI SECOND AMMENDMENT [sic] FREEDOM INFRINGING AGENDA?

There is. A group of dealers brought a suit; argued and lost. That pretty much muddied the waters for any other lawsuit.

And the dealers chose NOT to appeal the case, thus sealing our fate. This happened a number of years ago.

ChristosX said:
Well, when is someone going to do something about it.

Sweetheart....this is the PRofM. The AG can do ANYthing his cold heart desires under the guise of "consumer protection" because he can. He answers to no one, and I mean NO ONE. We can b*tch all we want to him, or conjole, or beg, etc. etc. etc. and it doesn't do any good. Both Houses won't pull the reins up on him because the majority of them like or agree with him.

Jeesh a guy hits an extra "M" spelling amendment and everyone starts throwing the [sic] after it. I feel like I'm back in the sixth grade!!! And yes, I did take a year of Latin, as well as enough college to know what [sic] means. I'd like to go on record saying it was a typo and not a spelling error. Relax a bit Mods, (and fellow forum friendlies) have some fun. :x

Regards,
Chris

BTW: I still like all you guys. :p

Lynne said:
ChristosX said:
The AG can do ANYthing his cold heart desires under the guise of "consumer protection" because he can.

If "consumer protection" is the primary basis for the argument, perhaps the AG should walk through any Home Depot, where unqualified people can purchase, without license or qualifications any number of plumbing, heating, electrical, and building products. These products, in untrained hands, can cause far greater damage than any responsibly owned firearm. <OBVIOUS COMMENT UPCOMING> I smell a hidden agenda...

Regards,
Chris

ChristosX said:
Lynne said:
ChristosX said:
The AG can do ANYthing his cold heart desires under the guise of "consumer protection" because he can.

If "consumer protection" is the primary basis for the argument, perhaps the AG should walk through any Home Depot, where unqualified people can purchase, without license or qualifications any number of plumbing, heating, electrical, and building products. These products, in untrained hands, can cause far greater damage than any responsibly owned firearm. <OBVIOUS COMMENT UPCOMING> I smell a hidden agenda...

Regards,
Chris

Your nose is working correctly luv. It's called disarming the populace.

Back
Top Bottom