HB1636 signed into law

steve8140

NES Member
Only for NH residents who wish to carry in states like PA with "home state permit recognition only" or those wishing to be in strict compliance with the federal gun free school zone law.
We just need a R AG in PA to flip reciprocity open again to a wider list of states. Every time the office changes, the reciprocity list changes...

We just need a R AG in PA to flip reciprocity open again to a wider list of states. Every time the office changes, the reciprocity list changes...
Keep in mind the "home state permit only" is racist in origin.

Several black guys busted for illegal carry in PA. The PD refuses to accept their FL licenses (valid in PA at the time, even though they were PA residents who mail ordered them). It was a case of he police reaction being "Black men with a license to the guns they are carrying? Say it ain't so!". The prosecution worked its way through the system because the machinery could not be stopped once started, but the system had egg on its face in the end

There was also at least one case where someone who had their PA permit revoked got a FL permit to become PA carry legal.

So, instead of "residents of PA must have a PA permit", they made it "home state permits recognized from certain states".

So when you whip out your nice laminated card at the store,
you can flex on the locals whose in-state P&RLs are tissue paper.
Its good for reciprocity; most everyone I know, uses it for F2F sales and in NH as long as you're not a student, you can ccw on school property as long as you have in on your person under US §18

Its good for reciprocity; most everyone I know, uses it for F2F sales and in NH as long as you're not a student, you can ccw on school property as long as you have in on your person under US §18
Where can I find the details of carrying on school property in regards to NH.
I need to read up on that area.

Tough to point at a specific law, basically that which is not explicitly forbidden is allowed.

The only area in which "schools" and firearms are called out in New Hampshire law is RSA § 193:13 and the Admin Rules-- other than the "no carrying in courts" (NH Rev Stat § 159:19), New Hampshire is silent in regards to where you cannot carry.

The other issue is federal law, including federal buildings (e.g. post offices) and of course our old friend GFSA '94

Last edited:
Tough to point at a specific law, basically that which is not explicitly forbidden is allowed.

The only area in which "schools" and firearms are called out in New Hampshire law is RSA § 193:13 and the Admin Rules-- other than the "no carrying in courts" (NH Rev Stat § 159:19), New Hampshire is silent in regards to where you cannot carry.

The other issue is federal law, including federal buildings (e.g. post offices) and of course our old friend GFSA '94
Well said.

It's covered in the same RSA that allows you to wear red shirts on Fridays.

Remember now, each State is different, this may not be possible under any of the non-free States

18 USC § 922 (q)(2)(ii)-- Concealed carry in schools

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/guns-in-public/guns-in-schools/#federal

See NH Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 193-D:3; 193-D:1. Not a prohibition, but a possible penalty enhancement for unlawful possession of a gun in a safe school zone.

NH Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 193-D:1; 193:13. New Hampshire only bans pupils from possessing a firearm in a safe school zone, and also imposes a possible penalty enhancement for unlawful possession of a firearm in a safe school zone.

So, officially no f2f in NH or is it just an extra cya thing?

Remember now, each State is different, this may not be possible under any of the non-free States

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/guns-in-public/guns-in-schools/#federal

See NH Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 193-D:3; 193-D:1. Not a prohibition, but a possible penalty enhancement for unlawful possession of a gun in a safe school zone.

NH Rev. Stat. Ann. §§ 193-D:1; 193:13. New Hampshire only bans pupils from possessing a firearm in a safe school zone, and also imposes a possible penalty enhancement for unlawful possession of a firearm in a safe school zone.
You needlessly muddy the water with no legal underpinning. There's nothing in the statutes you quoted that would pose prevent anyone legal to own/carry a firearm from carrying in a school zone or present any penalty enhancement for posession, assuming you're not unlawful under RSA 159, which has no prohibition against carry in a school zone.

RSA 193-D:1 Definitions. –
In this chapter:
I. "Act of theft, destruction, or violence" means an act set forth in the following statutes regardless of the age of the perpetrator:
(a) Any of the offenses enumerated in RSA 189:13-a, V.
(b)(1) Any first or second degree assault under RSA 631.
(2) Any simple assault under RSA 631:2-a.
(c) Criminal mischief under RSA 634:2.
(d) Unlawful possession or sale of a firearm or other dangerous weapon under RSA 159.

193-D:3 Criminal Penalties. – Any person convicted of an act of theft, destruction, or violence as defined in RSA 193-D:1 committed in a safe school zone at any time of year may be subject to an extended term of imprisonment as provided in RSA 651:6.

I recently purchased land in NH and today, I was up there and pleasantly listened to somebody up the road shooting….I too have a spot where shooting will be great and will have an ATV…coming back into MA I feel so depressed…three more years and I will be there…

I'm still baffled by how simple reading the laws here are. I've spent way too much time in MA, and it's really corroded my brain.

Question:

Vermont law says children under 16 can't carry a firearm without parental approval.

NH has no such age mentioned. It does say you need to be 18 to be granted a P&R license.

Am I to assume that it would be legal to hand my child, at any age, a pistol and leave him/her unsupervised? I understand I'd be liable for any stupidity that giving a 4 year old a 1911 would cause - but what about a trustworthy 10 or 14 year old?

I see nothing that says this is illegal - by the piece of MA in my brain is amazed at such common sense.

I'm still baffled by how simple reading the laws here are. I've spent way too much time in MA, and it's really corroded my brain.

Question:

Vermont law says children under 16 can't carry a firearm without parental approval.

NH has no such age mentioned. It does say you need to be 18 to be granted a P&R license.

Am I to assume that it would be legal to hand my child, at any age, a pistol and leave him/her unsupervised? I understand I'd be liable for any stupidity that giving a 4 year old a 1911 would cause - but what about a trustworthy 10 or 14 year old?

I see nothing that says this is illegal - by the piece of MA in my brain is amazed at such common sense.
It is that simple. Any non-felon, of any age may carry a firearm how they see fit in NH.

Constitutional Carry has been the law of the land for a few years now but one thing never changed. That part is being able to carry on a off-road vehicle without a permit.

The Gove or signed HB1636 into law on Friday so now there is no permit needed.

'bout friggin' time! NHF&G fought this tooth and nail.
It is that simple. Any non-felon, of any age may carry a firearm how they see fit in NH.
but...but...but...blood will be running in the streets!!! :eek:o_O

Guns in Schools | Giffords

When I lived in NH, I carried concealed to school board meetings (before, during and after I was on the board)...I also carried to every meeting the schools had before and after I was on the board...concealed means concealed...Believe me, some of those meetings got pretty contentious.

Back
Top Bottom