question about gun transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just won a fn five-seven that was in massachusetts.
He was all set to do a ftf transfer and now has backed out saying its against the law.
I told him that is perfectly fine to transfer a gun so long as a ffl is not involved it should be legal.
Someone help me with this mess please.

Is the gun still currently in the state?

If so, there is no problem doing a FTF x-fer on this gun. You will NOT find an FFL that will do this x-fer. The gun is NOT on "the list" therefore a FFL DEALER can not sell or x-fer this gun. Remember, the laws on sales, and transfers for guns and "the list" only apply to dealers, not individuals. I'm sure if you do a search, you can find the quoted laws, and refer the seller to research them himself.

Good luck... I would hate to see you not get this gun.

Adam

Wow John,

Just an FYI. I had sent the seller an e-mail before I put in my bid and specifically asked him if he was willing to do an FTF transfer in Massachusetts. I didn't want to take the chance that he wasn't going to do the transfer personally. His response was sure, why not.

I don't have any suggestions for you other than to let Admin at AA know about the issue. Where the guy marketed it specifically as a MA registered handgun and had a reserve set higher than the gun is available for outside MA, he wanted a bidder from MA to pay the premium price. For someone with such good feedback, its seems like something isnt right here.

Best of Luck,

Bugie

Mass Compliant doesn't mean bupkis for a FTF transfer. Anybody will get a higher price for a gun like this im Massachusetts simply because there are so few that have managed to slip through the cracks. There are only two ways that a FTF would be illegal: you don't have a valid LTC or the seller doesn't. Now if you've got yours, then maybe he's admitting he doesn't have his. I'd tell the guy he can pick one of three options:
1) Transfer the gun to you FTF as he originally agreed;
2) Come up with an FFL that's willing to do a transfer, since it's something new that he's added ex post; or
3) Get reported to admin for backing out of what should be a binding agreement.

"Right or wrong, we had a deal. And the law says: bust a deal and face the wheel!"

Oops, sorry. Wrong forum.

Ken

The info on FTF vs. dealer transfers and guns on the list and not on the list has been posted here at least a dozen times. Do a Search (link above), read the info, print out (or provide links) for the seller and push him to follow thru or report him to the auction forum!

Good luck.

well he got me bad

I called him saturday and was supposed to pick up the gun i won in the aa auction.
he never returned my calls.
today i called him on a different phone and he answered, said stop calling and he is not selling it to me...wait i won the auction and he hung up...
what can i do.. if i didn't buy it i would be screwed, how about a seller after the auction closes not selling it...he probably sold it for more.
to bad...i sold some hard to find guns to buy the fn.
grrrrrrrr

I'm pretty sure that this is a legal binding agreement. So contact the auction people and let them know, CC the seller. Also if you really want, you can contact a lawyer and make life hell for him. But it depends on how far you want to take it.

John,

Definitely contact Admin at AA and let them know whats going on. Make sure you give negative feedback on him as well. If he isn't meeting his obligations then at least you can alert others who may be inclinded to bid on his items.

Do you know if Nightstalker is an FFL dealer in Mass? If so, it may be helpful on this board to know who it is. It appears that he has over 50 sales to date on AA but has no feedback over the past year. He doesn't have any current auctions running now on that site either. Maybe just an enthusiastic (and uneducated) gun trader, or an equally uneducated FFL who founds himself stepping in brown stuff when it came time to deliver. Either way you end up on the short end of the stick.

Hope it works out for you,

Bugie

Stay away from this guy

I won the bid, contacted him and setup a saturday meeting, then never could contact him on the phone, until i used a different phone so he didn't recognize the number.
here is what he wrote to me :
Joe,
i have apologized for the misunderstanding as far as the Fn goes. i am not trying to be difficult about this, but understand a couple of things: the gun is no longer in my possession or my name. it's gone. stop calling my phone there is nothing to discuss as far as the gun goes.any more phone calls will prompt me to call the police for harassing phone calls.

his name is philip (kip) leblanc
978-340-0280
from leominster
nickname nightstalker

do not do business with him he is very rude and a lier.
I was told to contact the ATF and gave them his number to ensure that this gun was legal in massachusetts, i am going to do this the end of this week.

Could this guy be related to the famous Charlie Wenzel? Perhaps we have another train wreck for our entertainment.

[For those not already familiar with Charlie, see this thread from a few months back. For those that were around for the original screening, yes, the money order finally cleared.]

Ken

Sorry to hear the guy is messing you around so much. Crazy what you guys in MA have to go through to get the gun you want.

Definately recommend a complaint to AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom