• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Purchase Locally or Just order from Dillon?

but I'd rather not have buyer's remorse down the road.
Then get a 1050 or a Camdex. The Camdex is nice because it makes the 1050 look dirt cheap (I was quoted $35k at the Shot Show).

I wonder what a caliber change costs for the Camdex...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shooters outpost, i believe they sell only as bare bones.

yes... bare bones. I bought my 550B from SO before I knew about Brian's site. I have bought a few things from him since as I use his forums, etc...it's only fair to help him out a bit. I have found that SO sells most of their Dillon accessories a few percent below MSRP. For example, the 550B toolhead lists at $22.95...SO has it for around $20. It's not much but hey, 3 bucks is 3 bucks and I only live about 20 minutes from there and I also drive by there once or twice a month so it's not a big deal to drop in to pick up something I need. They will also special order stuff from Dillon if they don't carry it and they don't charge any shipping charges. They just piggy back it on their weekly Dillon order.

Dillon will not let retailers charge less than MSRP, so the best any can do is throw in some non-Dillon freebie.

Dillon doesn't care where or how you got the press, they won't hesitate to send parts for warranty
Not exactly my experience fixing my 650 that was out of alignment, had a bad shell plate and bent bolt from the factory, it depends on who you get on the phone. The older guy is great, the mid age female not as much.

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 550b and I ended up buying from SO. After reading all of the information and figuring my requirements I thought the 550 was the better move right now. I went to SO, because I wanted to put my hands on them both before making a decision and one of the guys there was really helpful. I didn't get everything from them though, so I'll order some accessories from Brian Enos. There was a small savings, but the bigger thing was not having to wait for shipping. I figure this way I can get everything set up while the rest is in transit.

I ended up getting the 550b and I ended up buying from SO. After reading all of the information and figuring my requirements I thought the 550 was the better move right now. I went to SO, because I wanted to put my hands on them both before making a decision and one of the guys there was really helpful. I didn't get everything from them though, so I'll order some accessories from Brian Enos. There was a small savings, but the bigger thing was not having to wait for shipping. I figure this way I can get everything set up while the rest is in transit.

Congrats and have fun! I love my 550

Congrats

So after advocating for BriaN eNOS, I went to his sight to order a set-up for 9mm, tool head, stand, dies, caliber conversion, powder hopper ect. I saw two different tool stands but couldn't tell which was which compared to the ones I already have.

So I went to Dillons website and saw pictures of exactly what I wanted, and wrote down the part numbers to see if Brians site cross referenced them to make sure I got what I wanted.

While I was doing this, I made note of the pricing, and it was minimal if anything. I tried to order through Enos, but then something glitched and took me to some other ordering page. At this point I called Dillon. Gave him the part numbers, he charged my card I have on file with them, and it shipped later that day. This was yesterday. Ive dealt with Brian Enos before and have no complaints, but get faster service through Dillon. Agree Brians site is great for kits ready to go instead of going through line items to make sure you have everything you need.

Brian Enos here too! He answered my questions and helped me get what I needed.

Day off yesterday and I went to SO and Rileys. Noticed Shooters had just about anything you could want, Dillon-wise...and no shipping/waiting. Have to say the guys behind the reloading counter there are nice to deal with. Rileys also has lots of Dillon, Redding, RCBS...

Can't say enough good things about Brian Enos along with everyone else. Besides a wealth of knowledge, he'l treat you right and make sure everything is A-OK.

Back
Top Bottom