PU Sniper range report

Soxfan9

NES Member
Took my repro PU sniper to the range today. This is my first scoped rifle of any kind, but my 4th Mosin Nagant. After 40 rounds that were all over the place at 100 yards, I set up a target at 25 yds and started all over, checking and adusting the screws on the mount and the scope. I was quickly able to get on paper and make windage and elevation adustments to get into the 10 ring. The 5 round group in the pic below was with 185 gr Silver Bear @25 yds off of an ammo can rest. Once zeroed, I was getting 4-5" groups at 100 yds. This thing was a blast to shoot.
IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

I really gotta get mine outa the safe and work on the mount. I too was all over the place with it at 100 yards. 50 was ok, but if I can see something at 4x vision, its gotta be 100 or further for shooting.[smile]
I know theres lots of things like shimming the mount, grinding some off, re-fitting, etc. all can produce better results with these. I know mine is a real sniper, markings and all, but the scope mount is a repro.

I really gotta get mine outa the safe and work on the mount. I too was all over the place with it at 100 yards. 50 was ok, but if I can see something at 4x vision, its gotta be 100 or further for shooting.[smile]
I know theres lots of things like shimming the mount, grinding some off, re-fitting, etc. all can produce better results with these. I know mine is a real sniper, markings and all, but the scope mount is a repro.

I did grind my mount down a little bit to get the reticle more centered. I used the info at Mosinnagant.net. The trigger on mine is pretty heavy, do you know of anyone that works on these?

As I stated in other posts, I was extremely lucky in that whoever set up my scope initially, did a great job. I set my laser target at 100 yards and zeroed my scope to the wee red dot on the paper. Very minor adjustments needed and the rifle shot like a charm. No shimming or grinding required.

Back
Top Bottom