Problem dissassembling Ruger MKIII

Hey all,

I just bought a ruger MKIII and wanted to take it apart before I go to the range with it.

One problem though, I can't for the life of me get the main-spring housing to come out. I've folllowing the instructions perfectly, and the damn thing just wont come out. I've used everything, and nothing will get this thing out. Am I the only one having this problem? Is there a trick to get this sucker out? I NEED HELP!!![crying]

Seriously? Hit it. Hard.

First time a disassembled mine I needed to use a hammer and wooden block to get it apart.

Had the same problem as you.

Really hit it hard with a punch and it will come loose.

The bigger problem is getting it back in... :)

If the problem is you've pivoted the housing out but cannot get then pin out then what they said. A little wiggle (twist) action might help too.

If you cannot even get the housing out then make double sure you're following all the directions, particularly with regard to safety and hammer positions. If you've done all that then you may just have to yank harder on the lever. Find a non-slip, non-marring way to get a good grip on the lever (ex. a small plastic-jawed clamp). You want to pull straight out or slight up.

I punch mine through from the top using a Bic pen tube. Ghetto, but works and fits perfect.

The first time, i had to really whack it and REALLY whack the receiver off the frame...they build those things TIGHT. After a few cleanings, mine now comes apart by hand pretty easy.

Hey all,

I just bought a ruger MKIII and wanted to take it apart before I go to the range with it.

One problem though, I can't for the life of me get the main-spring housing to come out. I've folllowing the instructions perfectly, and the damn thing just wont come out. I've used everything, and nothing will get this thing out. Am I the only one having this problem? Is there a trick to get this sucker out? I NEED HELP!!![crying]

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS RELIGIOUSLY REGARDING THE POINTING OF THE GUN AND THE MAGAZINE upon re-assembly.

The Mainspring shall go in very easily. Wait until you have the trouble the guy was having at the club because he did not re-insert the magazine at the appropriate steps. the little Hammer strut prevented the mainspring from going back in.

Whack it REALLY HARD. I know I was scared when I had to use considerable more force than a firearm should receive in one's perfect world.

bill

Back
Top Bottom