Private Transfers to Be Potentially Banned in MA

GOAL

NES Member
There is a key provision hidden in a proposed "One Gun a Month" (Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act) bill to ban the private transfer of firearms in MA.

S.938 "An Act Relative to Preventing the Illegal Trafficking of Firearms"

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st00pdf/st00938.pdf

The language is in Section 6 of the legislation. This particular section amends Section 128A of Chapter 140. The new language would ban all private transfers. Currently a licensed gun owner can lawfully transfer four guns in a calendar year providing they report the transfer to the Criminal History Systems Board on an FA-10 form within seven days. Section 6 would require all transfers to be conducted through a licensed gun dealer. The section would also limit the fee a dealer could charge for such transfers to no more than ten dollars.

this would also stop pretty much all non compliant handguns from moving around. great.

Sure looks like that is an intended consequence, unless everyone goes out for a C&R license and waits for the guns to reach their proper vintage.

this would also stop pretty much all non compliant handguns from moving around. great.

Yup, I've been afraid of this for a while....the only things that makes the list & AG reg tolerable is that we can get these pistols (at a much higher cost) from FTF transfers. This ban would end that.....

Sounds like the Liberals have figured out

"The Gun Show Loophole" [shocked]

The stupid bastards are getting smarter trying to screw us!

Like the man above said: "Join GOAL", Join the NRA, Join GOA, Gun Owners Of NH - Or any organization that will fight this BS!!

It's coming to you - no matter where you live! [angry]

J

I'm guessing that nearly all dealers would respond to a forced $10 transfer fee by refusing to offer the service. Which, I'm sure, is one of the intents of this bill.

Sigh.... I feel like we're all going to live to see the day we're gonna have to hand in our guns and LTCs....[sad]

Not this chick.

parisHilton-thats-hot.jpg

moving

looks like I lost the whole post.
come on down.I shoot from back of garage but we get deer from front door.
septic system $1000,well $900.land can be cheap if you stay away from lake and beaches my 90 acres cost less then 100,000 and my house complete$55,000 thats furnished with heat and air,well septic and $15,000 for 60 X 24 cement block garage.3 bays and work shop.no FID only time you need CCW is concealed.no restrictions on rifle or shotgun.
where are the 1,500,000 gun owners that faild to renew.thats more than vote got to be alot of gun owners vote for obama and the dems.they dont vot for gun control here its career killing.[smile]

looks like I lost the whole post.
come on down.I shoot from back of garage but we get deer from front door.
septic system $1000,well $900.land can be cheap if you stay away from lake and beaches my 90 acres cost less then 100,000 and my house complete$55,000 thats furnished with heat and air,well septic and $15,000 for 60 X 24 cement block garage.3 bays and work shop.no FID only time you need CCW is concealed.no restrictions on rifle or shotgun.
where are the 1,500,000 gun owners that faild to renew.thats more than vote got to be alot of gun owners vote for obama and the dems.they dont vot for gun control here its career killing.[smile]

Didn't obama win SC

Back
Top Bottom