• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price of Powder

I stopped at Four Seasons yesterday to say Hi to Carl and get some Universal Clays and Red Dot.

I wanted the universal to use reloading 32-20. The Universal Clays was $21.49 a pound and Carl offered me a 8 pound bottle for $169. Actually the savings would have been 2 bucks, so I passed and just got a pound.

I got a four pound bottle of Red Dot for $69.99 which came out to $17.49 a pound.

Last month I bought 2 bottles of W231 and 2 bottles of Unique at a different place and the price for the W231 was a little above $25 a bottle and the Unique was about $23.00. That's a big difference since the last time I bought powder 4 months a go.

I was told that there is a big increase coming soon.

What have you guys been paying?

It seems to be all over the map. In the last couple of weeks, I paid $19.99 for a pound of Titegroup, $23.99 for 9 ounces of Trailboss, and $23.99 for a pound of Blue Dot.

It seems to be all over the map. In the last couple of weeks, I paid $19.99 for a pound of Titegroup, $23.99 for 9 ounces of Trailboss, and $23.99 for a pound of Blue Dot.

Man, the 23.99 for 9oz of trailboss seems crazy. I've never seen a powder sold in less than 1 lb. cans. Is it designed for really small cartridges? Or is it just the really good stuff and commands a premium?

Man, the 23.99 for 9oz of trailboss seems crazy. I've never seen a powder sold in less than 1 lb. cans. Is it designed for really small cartridges? Or is it just the really good stuff and commands a premium?

Just the opposite - it's designed for light loads in really big cartridges. It's very "fluffy" and only 9oz fits into a "one pound" bottle.

Last edited:
I just paid like $17.55 I think at Rileys for a 1 pound can of W231, and before that I got a can of Unique up there for $15.85 or something like that.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom