price of everything, need some help

Don't forget eye and ear protection...
And targets..

If you are going to be shooting a bunch, it makes sense to get a good set of each, maybe electronic ear muffs or molded ear plugs..

If this is your first handgun you will discover what you do and don't like as the
year progresses. You can get a nice used Glock (in 40 if you really want, not a
great starter round, though, based on price and flinch alone) for $400. The
$350 you save will pay for an excellent weekend of training at Sig in NH or at
one of the local classes. I own a P99 and while I like it and it fits my hand nicely,
I would not want to pay that kind of money for one. You are in 1911
Territory, or a very well equipped Sig or Glock, or Smith. IMHO used guns
are a bargain. Most don't get much use at all and they sell for a fraction of their
new cost. I bet you would have trouble selling a P99 for $500 right now. The modest
amount of training I have had thus far has taught me more than years
of practice on my own. I would find a way to fit that on your list.

If you can, find a shop that does rentals and try out the various guns that interest you. If you buy the gun for about $700 and then find out you REALLY dont like it in the long run and then find you like shooting a Glock or S&W you can then be in for a net loss of $250+, which is a pretty expensive error now a days.

Some places will deduct rental fee's if you buy the gun from them, or accessories.

Last edited:
Rentals are really expensive. The best way to try out a ton of guns for cheap is to spend the $19 and become a NES green member and come to a members shoot.

Rentals are really expensive. The best way to try out a ton of guns for cheap is to spend the $19 and become a NES green member and come to a members shoot.

+a Billion. Not to mention members' guns are probably going to be somewhat better maintained, which may make for an overall better shooting experience.

-Mike

I have 2 Walther P99's. one in 9mm and one in 40. They have both been great to shoot. The 40 I have is one that the frame was made by Walther and the slide by S&W. They only did this one year I believe. As far as I know now all the P99's both slide and frames for the 9 and 40's are made in Germany.
The price has gone up alot since I bought mine.

yyea thats what i was reading, i have another 8 months to go, so hopefully i wont have to sell blood and semen to get it

(not mixed together)

Back
Top Bottom