• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price check on pre-ban bushmaster dissipator?

1337h4cker

NES Member
Hopefully this type of thread is kosher here. Recently I have been researching and bidding on various pre ban AR's that I come across on auction sites. I have a bad habit of impulsively bidding on stuff that I think would be a good deal and ended up with a couple more AR's than I really need or can afford. I got this one recently and it's a pre-ban bushmaster XM-15E2 set up as a dissipator with a 2 position car-15 stock and a faux gas block with a chopped carbine length gas system under the rifle length handguards. Pretty unique and cool rifle but if I was going to sell any of these it would be this one. My first question is what would it be worth in MA or other ban states? I haven't really seen many of these as complete pre bans. My second question is, I only just had this transferred to me, am I putting myself at risk if I sell it so quickly after receiving it?
I will attach a picture of the rifle below IMG_0968.JPG

I see there's a rule against these type of threads for non-paying members. So if I paid for a membership my thread is fine, right?
No. There are no “what’s this worth threads” allowed. No bidding either.

I’m not a moderator nor do I want to be one. Just a heads up. Others may not be so kind so be warned. 😂

Asking what your rifle is worth is not a good idea on NES. You are fairly new here so in all fairness you are probably unaware of some of the no. no's.

But if you had done little research here before your post it would have been beneficial, I am sure you would of found some info on "what's it worth threads".

My suggestion would be to go to some of the auction sites and do some comparisons. Nice rifle by the way.

Buying a gun with the intention to sell it without a FFL is a crime punishable by 5 years in prison. 10 if they say it’s a straw purchase.

10/10 wouldn’t recommend.

OP unless you need $$ keep your rifles and enjoy them.

Isnt a.real dissipator a 16" barrel with rifle length gas system ?

no a dissipator uses separate gas block and front sight. It’s not rifle length gas. There’s a reason why dissipator and disappointer are spelled so similarly. A 16” rifle length gas will not function reliably unless it’s suppressed.

If the ATF thinks you bought it to sell you'll get f***ed. People have been fried here on NES by the ATF for it in the past.

As for it's value, who knows. It's probably worth a lot as the demand in MA (and the amount of people will to pay crazy prices) is there.

Excuse me, but WTF is this "you can't buy a gun to resell it"???????? So, If I see a great deal on a gun, know it's worth way more, buy it, and put it up for sale, that's a Felony??? You clowns been sharing a crack pipe with Hunter? That, in NO WAY, Shape or Form, is a straw purchase! Jeezus, some of you folks aren't Newbies, but still spewing pure garbage!

Excuse me, but WTF is this "you can't buy a gun to resell it"???????? So, If I see a great deal on a gun, know it's worth way more, buy it, and put it up for sale, that's a Felony??? You clowns been sharing a crack pipe with Hunter? That, in NO WAY, Shape or Form, is a straw purchase! Jeezus, some of you folks aren't Newbies, but still spewing pure garbage!
No no, engaging in the business of selling fire arms is the law you’re breaking.

It gets worse if they say it’s a straw.

AFAIK they are correct. If your intent is to make profit then they can or will interpret that as selling them as a business. It's probably not a huge worry unless you are selling many or make it sound like your intent is buying to sell. But getting something transferred to you, and then from you in a small time frame is what worries me about having a ping on their radar. Maybe I'm being paranoid. My intent was never profit I just have a very itchy bidding finger when I see stuff that looks like a good deal.

People keep telling me to check the rules and I actually couldn't find them. Maybe I'm retarded, the only post I saw regarding "what is this worth" posts was the one that specifically mentioned non paying members. If someone could send me in the right direction I'd be grateful

OP keep it as an investment. When Madam President Harris bans all semi auto guns it'll be worth north of $50K.

It’s worth what somebody will pay for it?
Anyway welcome to the forum

Edit… I do like your avatar though..sausage fingers, which is your new nickname here.

You will fit in nicely

Calm down there. Take a deep breath. Take another.

You can’t (shouldn’t) flip firearms using your example. Yes it can be done but remaining cautious and knowing the risk is real.

AFAIK they are correct. If your intent is to make profit then they can or will interpret that as selling them as a business. It's probably not a huge worry unless you are selling many or make it sound like your intent is buying to sell. But getting something transferred to you, and then from you in a small time frame is what worries me about having a ping on their radar. Maybe I'm being paranoid. My intent was never profit I just have a very itchy bidding finger when I see stuff that looks like a good deal.

People keep telling me to check the rules and I actually couldn't find them. Maybe I'm retarded, the only post I saw regarding "what is this worth" posts was the one that specifically mentioned non paying members. If someone could send me in the right direction I'd be grateful
In this same subsection of this very thread. Pinned threads. Second up from the bottom has some really good information.

Isnt a.real dissipator a 16" barrel with rifle length gas system ?
Yes, but because of the short dwell time they ended up with gas ports you could stick your little finger into. Almost everything marketed these days as a "Dissapator" is a 16" barrel with a carbine gas port and a FSB at the rifle gas location. A "fake dissy," if you will. I have one, and they look pretty cool, and give you a long sight radius if you're using irons.

Back
Top Bottom