Prep of The Day Thread

Replaced the gas tank on one of my gasoline powered generators. The original was dirty and rusty inside. Generac wanted $368.00 for a 8 gallon OEM replacement. 👎
I bought a new 7 gal tank on ebay for $74.00 delivered and used a combination of bolts and regular flat washers and some eccentric washers to make it fit the generator.
I lost a gallon capacity but it's one I only run on a temporary basis anyway and it will never see a drop of ethylated gasoline which was what ruined the previous tank.

Last edited:
Purchase some more varieties of Mountain House just to have spares and ordered a new weapon light.

Mental health and Community: Took a nice drive with the windows down to a neighboring town and appreciated the New England Fall weather. Watched my boy play soccer for his school.

I used to be a tru-fuel guy. It's always worked well to be able to leave in all my small engines. Never had an issue starting each spring. Then I watched a chicanic video on YouTube where she stated she had a lot of things coming into her shop that were not running well (rough, low rpm etc). She discovered they were all using tru-fuel red

I had felt my echo trimmer was not running well and was underpowered so I switched it to Echo red armour fuel. The difference was remarkable. Smooth idle and smooth acceleration on the trigger and very powerful.

In summary, tru-fuel is not a bad product , but for the money there are much better options

View: http://youtu.be/UDuKE26G2mo?si=cyN6dIBRw9zpNcoE

"Prep of The Day "​

MagPul Industries

FREE Shipping! x100 Magpul PMAG M2 MOE 30rd 5.56/.223 AR15 CASE Black MAG571-BLK- 100 Mag CASE​

Reg. $1,295.00 Sale $839.99

(You save $455.01)

SKU:MAG571-BLK-CASEUPC:873750008264Condition:NewAvailability:If this item can be added to your cart, it is in stock.Weight:37.00 LBSShipping:Free Shipping

Did you make those buns from the scratch? Looks absolute perfect!

Yes. We ground the flour for them that morning from stored wheat.

Edit for clarity - Those buns were made in a woodstove oven. The kind that goes just above the stove itself. I don't think you can bake bread like that in Dutch ovens 😄

So there are two small kokanee salmon in there. Stuffed with pesto, lemon and onions. More onions on top, plus garlic and mushrooms. And more pesto.

We went out today to snag more kokanee. We now have 100 fish in the freezer. Good for the winter.

Now our focus is red meat for the rest of the season.

20231019_172048.jpg

Last edited:
With regards to the threat of a regional war in the ME - think sustained $150/barrel oil with spikes to $200-$300.

Is food getting delivered? Is fuel getting delivered? Will NG continue to flow in the lines?

Now consider how many followers of the religion of peace have snuck in, then consider the run of the mill - sub 80IQ entitled folks.

Seriously, you know where you’re thin - get on it.

Elk osso bucco. We will be cooking them soon. I will never grind up leg meat anymore. It's that good.

20231029_124534.jpg

Part of my butchering crew. Took us all day but other than maybe another 30 pounds of meat that needs to be ground, two elk have been processed.

The ladies were in another room packaging it all.

20231029_124528.jpg

Elk osso bucco. We will be cooking them soon. I will never grind up leg meat anymore. It's that good.

View attachment 811342

Part of my butchering crew. Took us all day but other than maybe another 30 pounds of meat that needs to be ground, two elk have been processed.

The ladies were in another room packaging it all.

View attachment 811346
That is awesome!

I’m getting kind of old, so a lot of my prepping is teaching my boys stuff. Not just to take care of me, but to take care of themselves.

Last night was sublime October weather, so myself and some friends who have kids of the same age had a campfire hangout in the woods behind my place.

I got to reinforce my boys fire making abilities and let my oldest make a test fire with a fire steel. He was so proud of himself when the fire took. They built the fire from scratch with dried grass and dead wood we found on the ground. We gathered enough to last the whole night.

Anyway, it was a great night out in the woods with friends and the kids had a good time running around playing hide and seek and such

@In God We Trust +1 …I taught my son to field strip an AR after we installed new sights and a light this weekend. Starting him off with the basics.
I’m ashamed to admit that my oldest (just turned 11) hasn’t fire a real gun yet. He knows the Eddie eagle rules and knows how to clear a pistol. I just haven’t taken him to shoot yet.

Part laziness on my end and also because his little brother is always with us and he is kind of a knucklehead

I’m ashamed to admit that my oldest (just turned 11) hasn’t fire a real gun yet. He knows the Eddie eagle rules and knows how to clear a pistol. I just haven’t taken him to shoot yet.

Part laziness on my end and also because his little brother is always with us and he is kind of a knucklehead

Every age is different… I started my son off with Eddie Eagle about age 6 or 7. Had him shooting pellet guns about that age. Wasn’t until about age 10 or 11 he had an interest to go the the range with me. His preference is still the bolt action .22 over hand guns, which is fine. He isn’t interested in shooting much else, but he has already claimed ownership of the collection when I’m dead.

Every age is different… I started my son off with Eddie Eagle about age 6 or 7. Had him shooting pellet guns about that age. Wasn’t until about age 10 or 11 he had an interest to go the the range with me. His preference is still the bolt action .22 over hand guns, which is fine. He isn’t interested in shooting much else, but he has already claimed ownership of the collection when I’m dead.
My son started on a red rider but he wasn’t into it like I was at his age. I figure once I take him out to shoot a real gun he will be hooked.

Prep of the day is that Mrs. Is finally on board with us moving to Tennessee. A couple of local trips showed her how our local towns are starting to look like a third world country over by the hotels. She realized that there won’t be anything left soon because they’re consuming all our state’s resources like hordes of locusts.

Back
Top Bottom