Prep of The Day Thread

Got our breeders today. The '77 loves towing. I don't know why but she drives happier with a trailer than without.

The big one Blueberry is a sweetheart. She loves back scratches and will follow you around to get them. The little ones have fallen into place and seem a lot happier to have adults around.

signal-2023-09-30-13-55-22-529-1.jpg signal-2023-09-30-14-01-12-108-3.jpg
signal-2023-09-30-14-01-12-108-6.jpg
signal-2023-09-30-20-24-18-601-3.jpg

We bottled four gallons of homemade blackberry mead today. So delicious! Blackberries were from our property, the honey was from a neighbor. Our bees come next spring but after that it'll be all our own ingredients. Next up, hard cider. We tried dandelion wine this summer but it never fermented, but we'll try again next year. I'm watching 8 turkeys walk through my yard right now and thinking how good that mead would be after a nice turkey dinner.

Attachments

• Mead.jpg
    Mead.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 15
Moved rocks off the gun range with the boys this weekend. Need to drill and split at least 4 that are too big to move.

20231008_131553.jpg
20231008_152851.jpg

Bought a couple of these. Lowest price it's been this year. They hit $80 in the spring planting season. Nows the time to buy.
Augason Farms 5-14000 Vegetable Garden Seeds 13 Variety 1 lb No. 10 Can https://a.co/d/drONNcU
Screenshot_20231009_111749_Amazon Business.jpg

Arriving in a day or two, currently on sale. If you’re watching the news, the firm hand of the US just isn’t there this time - could easily spin out of control.

Xtry51 - like the pigs, we had 100 pigs (various sizes) when I left for the USAF, I got more sleep in BMT than I did home 😂

Yes, 23, back in the day everyone thought farms were a great place to drop cats off. Someone even dropped a litter of kittens, actually chucked into the gulley near the road. I got home from school (10th grade as I wasn’t driving) and heard them crying when I walked by - fished out 5 that day iirc

Working, breeding pig farm. PLUS. a beef steer, 6 goats, 2 sheep, 6 rabbits, 6 ducks, 2 geese, a dozen or two of each (depending on year) egg layers, meat birds and turkeys - did I mention the 2 dogs and 23 cats?
I would love some farm cats. Everyone wants to charge and arm and leg for a damn kitten now. I need like 3 farms cats to keep the rodents at bay.

I would love some farm cats. Everyone wants to charge and arm and leg for a damn kitten now. I need like 3 farms cats to keep the rodents at bay.
Last cat I tried to adopt pissed all over the house. Ruined my couch and still cant find where he pissed in the front hall. Scrubbed the whole area but still smells on warm days :(

Last cat I tried to adopt pissed all over the house. Ruined my couch and still cant find where he pissed in the front hall. Scrubbed the whole area but still smells on warm days :(
Cat urine is absolutely fvcking disgusting!!!! We had a cat 40 years ago and made my wife get rid of it after it ruined $3000 dollars worth of electronics gear.
Went to a call once to a house where a woman lived and she had about 40 cats. I was in the truck 100 feet from the house and the wind wasn't in my favor......I got out of the truck and threw up my dinner in the storm drain.....that's how bad the stench was from the house. I think most of that woman's medical problems were from breathing ammonia fumes from cat urine and feces.

Cat urine is absolutely fvcking disgusting!!!! We had a cat 40 years ago and made my wife get rid of it after it ruined $3000 dollars worth of electronics gear.
Went to a call once to a house where a woman lived and she had about 40 cats. I was in the truck 100 feet from the house and the wind wasn't in my favor......I got out of the truck and threw up my dinner in the storm drain.....that's how bad the stench was from the house. I think most of that woman's medical problems were from breathing ammonia fumes from cat urine and feces.
The girl who gave him to me said he was just fixed and had sprayed "once" since in here house but the vet said its common just after the surgery and should stop. Well, it didnt. After he contaminated the first floor of my house, (btw, he was camped out under a piece of furniture in my living room, I set the litter box up just a foot or two away but he apparently walked past it to piss all over the couch :mad:) I tried to bring him to a shelter who wouldnt take him. (WTF? Its what you do man, its all you do!!) NFW he was going back to my house so I brought him to work with all his stuff and left him in the garage. Kid in work's grandfather just lost his cat so he brought him this one. He then proceeded to piss all over his house too.

Apparently he's settled down enough to where he actually interacts with the grandfather and has been using the litter box. I tossed the couch and a couple of rugs in the hall. Think he pissed on the wood floors or the woodwork at the base of the stairs and it soaked into the joints because it still smells on warm days. :(

We had a cat that protest peed in a couple spots after we brought in a companion rescue for her. A UV flashlight make finding those spots easy.

Not the model we have, but inexpensive enough to have around. Amazon product ASIN B09DCT2B18View: https://www.amazon.com/Penlight-Flashlight-Clip,Mini-Handheld-Lumens,Blacklight/dp/B09DCT2B18?th=1

The girl who gave him to me said he was just fixed and had sprayed "once" since in here house but the vet said its common just after the surgery and should stop. Well, it didnt. After he contaminated the first floor of my house, (btw, he was camped out under a piece of furniture in my living room, I set the litter box up just a foot or two away but he apparently walked past it to piss all over the couch :mad:) I tried to bring him to a shelter who wouldnt take him. (WTF? Its what you do man, its all you do!!) NFW he was going back to my house so I brought him to work with all his stuff and left him in the garage. Kid in work's grandfather just lost his cat so he brought him this one. He then proceeded to piss all over his house too.

Apparently he's settled down enough to where he actually interacts with the grandfather and has been using the litter box. I tossed the couch and a couple of rugs in the hall. Think he pissed on the wood floors or the woodwork at the base of the stairs and it soaked into the joints because it still smells on warm days. :(
1696986479637.png Long overdue.

Back
Top Bottom