Preban sig 226 magazines

Lou222

NES Member
I purchased a sig 226 close to 18 years ago- when I did they ffl threw in 2- 35 round preban mags. Its all been sitting in safe for years. Would anyone know a ballpark value for the 2 mags? Thanks.

In the free United States, probably not much, but in MA there's definitely a premium. I don't think there is much demand for pistol mags that huge, but if someone really wants one they'd probably pay over $100, basing that on if you double how much people sell the 15 rd preban mags for ($50-$70).

18 years ago would NOT be pre-ban, that's only 2000 and pre-ban is before September 1994

It's date of manufacture, not of sale, so it's not too hard to imagine some six+ year old stock being sold in 2000, especially of unusually large
magazines.

18 years ago would NOT be pre-ban, that's only 2000 and pre-ban is before September 1994

The question isn’t about if they are preban or not- they were preban prior to me getting, I got them 18 years ago and at that point they were used preban

I wasn’t aware anyone made 35 round mags for a P226.

Highest capacity I have seen is 32 round Pro-mags and I don’t think they are pre-ban.

Do you have any photos?

Once again wasn’t trying to determine if they were or were not- was only trying to see if anyone had a rough idea of value is all-

well whether they are or not makes all the difference in the world when it comes to their value.

Ok I can try again- I have 2 established preban 35 round 226 mags....I understand outside of ma- these are worthless, would anyone know ballpark value within the state we live in. This turned into a debate on if or if not which wasn’t the reason for post. Was only asking for value for my own knowledge hoping someone genuinely knew what they would be worth....thanks

I am a P226 owner and I have a different take on price. A standard capacity pre-ban mag still allows the gun to be carried. But a 35 round mag like a 33 round Glock mag, is a novelty and something just for the range. So IMO it has no more value than a standard pre-ban mag. .

How does that have any bearing on what I asked? At no point did I say I was looking to sell- I came to a firearms forum to ask someone with knowledge of something I didn’t know of- isn’t that what forums are for? Did I post anything asking to sell? This isn’t a what is my gun worth... post

The value of the magazines really is subjective and whatever someone is willing to pay. I agree that if I was going to post it for sale, I would list it at $150 OBO, and see what you get. My gut tells me it is worth $100 bucks in Mass.

I am a P226 owner and I have a different take on price. A standard capacity pre-ban mag still allows the gun to be carried. But a 35 round mag like a 33 round Glock mag, is a novelty and something just for the range. So IMO it has no more value than a standard pre-ban mag. .
Mostly true, unless you use the gun in 3-gun competitions. I've seen guys use 30 round happy sticks in their glocks to avoid reloading. Though I don't think the P226 is used much in competition. I least I haven't seen many.

Back
Top Bottom