Pre ban mags with mag extenders

Recently.purchased a preban u notch 17rnd glock 17 mag
Seller told me it came with a +2 extension. Its how he bought it
Making sure the addition of the 2rnd extender didn't cross a legal line
I use it.for my ccw. I'm guessing because its preban its fine
If anyone knows for sure its much appreciated
Thanks

Pre-ban NORMAL capacity magazine, no problem.

I have several of them for each of my Glock models with extended pads that I use in competition. (where allowed by the rules)

No worries.

Taylor Freelance, Arredondo, and Dawson all work well.

Pre-ban NORMAL capacity magazine, no problem.

I have several of them for each of my Glock models with extended pads that I use in competition. (where allowed by the rules)

No worries.

Taylor Freelance, Arredondo, and Dawson all work well.

^^^^ This

It is exempt from the restrictions and thus you can do as you like to it.

As long as pre ban you could even add a KRISS Vector V mag extension to a G21 mag.

It will only work properly in a square notch fully metal lined drop free G21 mag. (NOT U Notch)

It will allow you to carry 25 rounds of .45 in a G21 mag.

Good Luck finding a square notch pre ban G21 mag though.

As long as pre ban you could even add a KRISS Vector V mag extension to a G21 mag.

It will only work properly in a square notch fully metal lined drop free G21 mag. (NOT U Notch)

It will allow you to carry 25 rounds of .45 in a G21 mag.

Good Luck finding a square notch pre ban G21 mag though.

Piece of cake. You just have to pay for it. You can find anything on GB for the right (or wrong) price.

I figured the mag being pre ban was all that mattered
I'd rather be positive than assume when it comes to mass laws

As long as it is pre ban and has a normal capacity of greater than ten rounds, extending it doesn't matter. If it was made prior to the ban date but was a low capacity magazine and you extend it you could be subject to manufacturing a high capacity feeding device.

One other thing.

The only time I'd put a mag extension on anything would be to get it up to 10 rounds for some kind of game, like IDPA.

I wouldn't use an extension for something I'd depend on. You end up with a longer heavier stack of bullets on top of the follower than the spring was designed for. I have seen reliability go south when a mag extension was added to a mag.

With that said, if you are willing to put in the time and effort to test, maybe along with an extra power Wolff spring, you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom