• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

pre ban mag in a post ban gun.

bambame2

NES Member
So I had an argument with a coworker He said that you can't put a preban mag in a post ban AR-15. With all I thought I new you could I just got of the phone with goal and she said specific to the AR-15 you can't use a pre ban mag because it makes a complaint gun an assault weapon. Just a heads up for those that didn't know.

So I had an argument with a coworker He said that you can't put a preban mag in a post ban AR-15. With all I thought I new you could I just got of the phone with goal and she said specific to the AR-15 you can't use a pre ban mag because it makes a complaint gun an assault weapon. Just a heads up for those that didn't know.

I'd place a fair wager some statements got taken out of context.

You can use a preban LCAFD with anything you want, provided you have the appropriate license.

-Mike

I'd place a fair wager some statements got taken out of context.

You can use a preban LCAFD with anything you want, provided you have the appropriate license.

-Mike

No they did not she told me that I could not use a preban mag in my post ban AR I think she assumed if I have an AR I have a ltc.

She was Reading from the fed assault weapons ban and said if I add a pre ban high cap to my post ban gun I was out of compliance with the law. And went so far as to tell me that if I made a bet with my coworker to avoid him[smile].

She was Reading from the fed assault weapons ban and said if I add a pre ban high cap to my post ban gun I was out of compliance with the law. And went so far as to tell me that if I made a bet with my coworker to avoid him[smile].

I know I just PM'ed you this, but I figured the rest of the folks might want to see it too: ATF Letter clarifying that there's no problem (at least in the context of the old federal ban).

Thanks Jdubois.

Guy's I wasn't trying to start a bad thread I just didn't want to see someone get in trouble for something stupid.

One good thing did come from this my wife just said this state is not for us and we need to get to NH yesterday. Yes dear I guess we have to move. Oh man I cant wait to get out of this hell hole.

If you really talked to someone at GOAL and they told you that, then some people over there need a good bonk on the head.

There is nothing, nothing in the law that can be taken to mean that.

Back
Top Bottom