pre-ban glock mags w/gen 4

Can you legally use pre-ban mags in a gen 4 glock ??? I was told you can only use pre-ban mags in a pre-ban handgun...is this the case

Yes. You can legally use pre-bans in a Gen 4. Now, who is the dealer?

“No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994."

You can use preban mags in whatever firearm will accept them.

Maybe the dude just wanted to trick you into buying a few extra mags?

these laws have gotten so old now...that everyone is confused about them. Maybe that was the intent of the law, so that in 10, 15, 20 years, nobody can identify a pre or post ban mag, so people will most likely avoid a mag higher than 10 rounds, or if you do have one, the average Joe Gumshoe Beat-cop will just take you in anyway and you'll have to sort it out later, which either way costs YOU, the taxpayer.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in this state with any magazine over 10 rounds. The training for law enforcement now seem to be on par with grade school lunch lady duties. You nod to them, say thanks, and walk away briskly. Yes the liberals are winning in Massachusetts

Sorry to ressurect a old thread but yesterday at Middleboro gun shop I went to buy a gen3 g26 from a member of this board and not only would the dealer not transfer the gun but also made a big deal about the gen3 saying it was illegal to have a pre ban hi cap in a Gen 3 or 4 glock.. I just shook my head and did a efa-10 in the parking lot

Sorry to ressurect a old thread but yesterday at Middleboro gun shop I went to buy a gen3 g26 from a member of this board and not only would the dealer not transfer the gun but also made a big deal about the gen3 saying it was illegal to have a pre ban hi cap in a Gen 3 or 4 glock.. I just shook my head and did a efa-10 in the parking lot

Dealer stupidity is "timeless"!!

It can be...and it's so disheartening.

What do you think drove me to create my MA Gun Law Seminar back in 2011? I was tired of reading/hearing/seeing all the mis-information out there from dealers, cops, and ex-spurts on all sorts of gun fora.

[frown]
What do you think drove me to create my MA Gun Law Seminar back in 2011? I was tired of reading/hearing/seeing all the mis-information out there from dealers, cops, and ex-spurts on all sorts of gun fora.

Now if these ignorant dealers would study up or take a seminar.. I was a little irked by the lack of knowledge by someone who owns a gun shop... [frown]

Last edited:
[frown]

Now if these ignorant dealers would study up or take a seminar.. I was a little irked by the lack of knowledge by someone who owns a gun shop... [frown]
I was forced to do an efa-10 transfer on a frame transfer last week by a Dracut gun store who kept on saying "I know it isn't a firearm but it will be when you put a slide on it". And I answered "Yes and then by MA law I will have 7 days to register it." They refused to relent and claimed that the Dracut Police looked at their books every coupe of weeks and if they found a frame in their books that was not transferred on an efa-10 they would lose their license.

I would have walked away except (1) it was a 90 minute drive to get there and (2) it was a good deal on a G19 frame. So after I put my slide on it I am the proud owner of a .40 S&W G23 that is registered in MA as a 9MM G19.

P.S. talk about making no sense. This shop has a boatload of Gen4 Glocks for sale and that is fine with the police because they are on the EOPS approved firearms roster. I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

What is the name of the shop?

I was forced to do an efa-10 transfer on a frame transfer last week by a Dracut gun store who kept on saying "I know it isn't a firearm but it will be when you put a slide on it". And I answered "Yes and then by MA law I will have 7 days to register it." They refused to relent and claimed that the Dracut Police looked at their books every coupe of weeks and if they found a frame in their books that was not transferred on an efa-10 they would lose their license.

I would have walked away except (1) it was a 90 minute drive to get there and (2) it was a good deal on a G19 frame. So after I put my slide on it I am the proud owner of a .40 S&W G23 that is registered in MA as a 9MM G19.

P.S. talk about making no sense. This shop has a boatload of Gen4 Glocks for sale and that is fine with the police because they are on the EOPS approved firearms roster. I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

If the Dracut PD wanted to look at my books, I'd tell them to come back with the ATF. They are the ONLY people a licensee has to show his A&D book to.

CT used to require licensees to keep a second book for just that reason.

I wonder if the dealer is aware that he (and you) perjured yourselves when you signed a form with a specified barrel length and caliber.

Did he at least do the transfer as an "Other" on the 4473?

Don

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom