• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Powder storage limit?

Just looked at it. It does not state the fee amount or if inspection is required which I highly doubt. Also does not state how long the permit is valid. I believe the fees you were looking at are for LP gas over 42lbs and over 10 gallons.
I'm in Gloucester also. I'll give the chief a call and ask what the deal is.
Yeah I think I assumed that $50 fee applied to LP gas and all the rows below that.

Oh you’re in Gloucester too? Had no idea. Too funny. Well report back or PM me if you find out more information on getting a permit.

I’m friends with the fire chiefs son (gun guy like us) so I suppose I could reach out to him and see what he says. At least I know he’s not someone that’s going to panic and report me etc.

Yes, assuming you have less powder and fewer primers than the limits.

If you get a permit, the limits go up and the "locked cabinet" requirement goes away.

I don't see any fee at all for powder/primer storage, and no mention of inspection. Pages 6 & 7?
Gotcha. Not sure why I’m having trouble understanding these regs.

fire chief in my town said he had to charge a fee for the permit and asked me if $10 was ok. he had never issued this kind of permit before. no end date on permit, no inspections.

Yeah I think I assumed that $50 fee applied to LP gas and all the rows below that.

Oh you’re in Gloucester too? Had no idea. Too funny. Well report back or PM me if you find out more information on getting a permit.

I’m friends with the fire chiefs son (gun guy like us) so I suppose I could reach out to him and see what he says. At least I know he’s not someone that’s going to panic and report me etc.
Sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom