post trump, covid vax family relations: conservatives vs liberals

Reluctant to jump into this one because this thread is reminding me of the last time I saw my family, which was right before the vaccine came out.

When I put up the Trump yard sign in 2015 it started to get bad, but after I declined the vaccine that was it. They severed their ties with me (both sides of the family).

There was a baby shower several years ago. My wife was asked NOT to attend unless she got vaccinated, and was told the exact vaccine that she was to get, other variants were not acceptable. And if she did not get vaccinated to please SEND a gift!!! I told her F**k That!!!.

So now I have to meet with my attorney a redo my estate. I don’t have kids so right now my entire estate is going to people that will not even talk to me. The executor now hates me as much as she hates Trump. I have been putting this off because I was hoping it would get better with time, but it hasn't. :(
Many years ago, I (houshold) was excluded from a birthday party for my cousin's kid over "the vax". There have been many other parties after that where we didn't even get the option to RSVP. Ran into them at a family thing recently and got the "hey we're too [geographically] close to not do things" after the "heyyyyy... woww.... great to see you!!! been a whiel huh????" BS..... I literally said, "go f*** yourself" and walked off.

No, it wasn't. I was asking you specifically what about my reply made me "intolerant".
Probably the "with all you've learned about Drumpf in the last 7 years" led someone to think you might be intolerant. Certainly biased, which is close enough.

So what if the Trump name might have been different many generations prior to now. You are dragging it up to be disrespectful, same as others would use 'FJB'. Probably many if not most surnames have morphed over time. So what?

As far as what we've learned? We've learned to ignore Trump's personality flaws in light of his vastly superior fiscal and foreign policies. That's what we learned.

I'm at the point where IDGAF. Mom's gone. My dad's 83, and sharp enough to see that his interests are no longer supported by the Dems he knew earlier in his life. I have no siblings. I don't really have contact with my Mom's side. Of the ones I see on my Dads side are all conservative.. hunting/guns/etc. If you're gonna give me shit for what I believe.. GFY..

As for inlaws. My FIL is conservative. MIL is pretty middle.. only one SIL who is a moonbat, but IDGAF. I see her 1-2x yr and nobody talks issues. Shit nearly hit the fan during covid and the vax bs.. where it was "we can't get together if everyone's not vaxxed" but wife and fam got thru that.

It's really hard at work where moonbats run rampant.. I'm in the environmental permitting division of a civil engineering company. All the stupid sustainability, climate change, and environmental justice bullshit has grown an entire business section catering just to that, so I hear that in meetings.. One stupid gay millenial even thought it was a great idea to hang a 3x5 pride flag from the suspended ceiling tracks.. I told my boss how I thought that was quite inappropriate.. regardless of the flag.. keep your shit confined within your cube/office walls.. I had to be delicate on that one as I was relatively new and didn't want to come across as the intolerant a**h***.
I would have hung out after hours and stuffed it in a urinal and drew a giant cock-and-balls on it with dog shit.

My family ties are way more important to me than politics. But politics is also not central to my identity. I don’t plaster my yard with signs, I don’t wear hats or clothes supporting a candidate, nor do I plaster my car with bumper stickers or flags. I don’t go to rallies or really advertise to anyone who I vote for.

I have my viewpoints and I have fun bantering about them with randos on the internet or a few friends that I trust to have deep and meaningful conversations. But otherwise it’s just a non issue.

Couldn’t imagine losing family over something so … meaningless. Family is everything to me. I’d move heaven and earth to make sure they are happy, healthy and loved.

My last name (the greek side) is no where near what they assigned at Ellis.
My Rich greek grandma didn't like my Scottish Canuck grandfathers last name, and required he change it when they got married.
Your point is effing retarded. And childish. And indicative of the complaints regarding Trump.
When my wife's family arrived at Ellis with a Nordic name a mile long that included every consonant at least twice, they were bequeathed a very 'American' sounding name one step less common than 'Smith'. In Trump's case, I think the name evolved in Germany well before the family came to America. Sure, making fun of that could be funny- to a third grade kid with kindergarten level maturity.

I'm at the point where IDGAF. Mom's gone. My dad's 83, and sharp enough to see that his interests are no longer supported by the Dems he knew earlier in his life. I have no siblings. I don't really have contact with my Mom's side. Of the ones I see on my Dads side are all conservative.. hunting/guns/etc. If you're gonna give me shit for what I believe.. GFY..

As for inlaws. My FIL is conservative. MIL is pretty middle.. only one SIL who is a moonbat, but IDGAF. I see her 1-2x yr and nobody talks issues. Shit nearly hit the fan during covid and the vax bs.. where it was "we can't get together if everyone's not vaxxed" but wife and fam got thru that.

It's really hard at work where moonbats run rampant.. I'm in the environmental permitting division of a civil engineering company. All the stupid sustainability, climate change, and environmental justice bullshit has grown an entire business section catering just to that, so I hear that in meetings.. One stupid gay millenial even thought it was a great idea to hang a 3x5 pride flag from the suspended ceiling tracks.. I told my boss how I thought that was quite inappropriate.. regardless of the flag.. keep your shit confined within your cube/office walls.. I had to be delicate on that one as I was relatively new and didn't want to come across as the intolerant a**h***.

We KNOW who the intolerant a**h***s are !!

When my wife's family arrived at Ellis with a Nordic name a mile long that included every consonant at least twice, they were bequeathed a very 'American' sounding name one step less common than 'Smith'. In Trump's case, I think the name evolved in Germany well before the family came to America. Sure, making fun of that could be funny- to a third grade kid with kindergarten level maturity.

Look no further ! We've found that missing third grader !!!! 😁

Meh, that's just as silly as "every Trump voter looks like a fat guy with a goatee and wears all camo".

All the negatives about Trump are correct, but the other choice is far, far worse. Voting for Trump doesn’t make me a supporter. It makes me more concerned about the whack job left than the whack job right.
Amen.

And we have a swell choice between a crooked geriatric Alzheimers patient and a crooked geriatric sociopath. It's a great choice.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you live in MA or CT and hate the choices you have, then vote 3rd party. It's a given that Biden will get all of your state's electoral votes. So your vote doesn't really count. So vote your conscience.

If you live in a swing state like NH. Your vote counts. If you value the kind of rights Trump supports, vote for Trump. If you value the kind of rights Biden supports, vote Biden.
Either way, don't delude yourselves. Neither is a beacon of liberty shining in the night.

All the twats in town who had the BLM signs and Ukraine flags look like that. They also fill their yards with election signs, which I appreciate greatly. I make note of who they are supporting and thus I know who to vote against.
And they smell like spoiled tofu farters.

I got a few neices who were big into the BLM movement and hated when I poked holes in the narrative. They are convinced I am a closeted Grand Dragon and want nothing to do with me.

You had to know the demented dems had lost it when they backed the BLM movement and their mostly peaceful protests !!!

Skafi if memory serves, and given my grandfather passed 15 1/2 years ago, and I've never been, so I could be wrong. He was born in 1931, got off the boat here in 1951.
Go.

That area of Crete is absolutely beautiful.

I have been there and hiked the Samaria Gorge and a couple of days down the coastline to Sweetwater Beach. I hiked the gorge with friends but they took a ferry at the village at the bottom of the gorge which I think was Agia Roumeli. Mind you a ferry there was a small fishing boat.

I was there when I was 21 y.o. in 1977 and from what I’m reading now it may be a little more touristy and crowded but would still be worth the trip.

I always wanted to take my wife to Crete.

I was on Crete 9 months with young people from Canada, Europe and Australia (no Americans,) and we worked in agriculture mostly packaging cucumbers for shipment to Germany. I stayed longer than most and worked hauling potatoes and picking eggplant and loading trucks. The equivalent of $1.00 an hour which was good money.

Your roots go back to a beautiful place.

Amen.

And we have a swell choice between a crooked geriatric Alzheimers patient and a crooked geriatric sociopath. It's a great choice.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you live in MA or CT and hate the choices you have, then vote 3rd party. It's a given that Biden will get all of your state's electoral votes. So your vote doesn't really count. So vote your conscience.

If you live in a swing state like NH. Your vote counts. If you value the kind of rights Trump supports, vote for Trump. If you value the kind of rights Biden supports, vote Biden.
Either way, don't delude yourselves. Neither is a beacon of liberty shining in the night.
Normally, this might be true. But, at this point, it isn't about Trump anymore. A vote not for Trump is a vote to normalize the attack on Trump, which is endangering the republic.

I got a few neices who were big into the BLM movement and hated when I poked holes in the narrative. They are convinced I am a closeted Grand Dragon and want nothing to do with me.
Joke's on them: the Klan were(are?) Donks. Robert Byrd was certainly NOT a Republican. He WAS, though, an Exalted Cyclops.

I severely doubt it. Most of these trust fund babies at these universities think they know everything there is to know, and yet don't know that they wouldn't actually last 5 minutes in Gaza. Their parents are just as ignorant as they are. After all they're paying for them to be there in the first place. That in itself tells a story. The happenings at these "universities" is nothing new. The parents aren't sending them there out of ignorance of the indoctrination that the schools will force upon them. They're sending them there because of it. They want that s*** shoved down their throat. They need that s*** show down their throat. That's the commie way.
No i mean some just don't like America.

Most are just protesting because it's cool and on social media

The scary thing is how many normal people will just bend over and take it.

My parents live in boston and are like this is crazy how everyone is here and I'm scared what it will end up being...to which i say move...and they go well no your sister wont leave and she really needs the help.

Well if she needs it that bad she will move her ass too

All the twats in town who had the BLM signs and Ukraine flags look like that. They also fill their yards with election signs, which I appreciate greatly. I make note of who they are supporting and thus I know who to vote against.
Also great signs for criminals, these signs show the mega liberals who 99% of the time want to ban guns! Perfect house to rob since they won’t be met with force.

No i mean some just don't like America.

Most are just protesting because it's cool and on social media

The scary thing is how many normal people will just bend over and take it.

My parents live in boston and are like this is crazy how everyone is here and I'm scared what it will end up being...to which i say move...and they go well no your sister wont leave and she really needs the help.

Well if she needs it that bad she will move her ass too
The problem is, it starts in the cities then spreads to the suburbs. Soon there will be no place left.

I love the people who hate Trump like he's ever going to marry their daughter or they're gonna hang out with him at a cookout. The thing I hear the most is "he doesn't act presidential" which is the lamest most retarded excuse I've ever heard. So never mind making your life way easier, no no no, they'd rather have an incompetent shithead who makes life a nightmare but he acts respectful and speaks the right way, acts presidential, so that's the turd to vote for. I've always said it and it always rings true, the average voter is the dumbest MF'er on the planet

Back
Top Bottom