• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

POST BAN LOWER with pre ban upper?

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
I had just purchased A bushmaster I think it has a post ban lower ser.L21**69
and it has a krieger barrel with a flash hider and bayo lug I bought it at my local dealer he had told me that it was a pre ban it looked like an older lower to me he had told me that it was made early 90's the only reason I purchased because I thought it was a pre ban (to good to be true price) when I got home I had done some homework and it had said that L069000 and over are post bans does anybody have advice on what I should do?

Call Bushy.... admitting to having a pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower probably isn't the wisest thing to do on a public forum in which the AG is known to inhabit.

Remove the two from each other and lend the upper to someone who can have it (anyone without an AR lower or with a pre-ban AR lower) until you can resolve the status of the lower.

alexshy ... if you are in MA then follow doobie's post and go hide under a rock for a couple years. If you aren't in MA then shoot away.

Doobie, do we know the OP is from MA?

He posted it in the Mass Law section..... Either that or I'm seeing everyone on here as people from Massachusetts.

The Ma**h***s are invading! Run for the hills! OH CRUD THEY ARE THERE TOO!

thanks for the advice, the first thing I did when I found out was seperate them I just brought it to a friends house who has pre ban lower. Is it still illegal If I had them seperated in my home with out a pre ban lower?

No, but it's not to bright. I would be hard to argue you had no intention of putting together 2 pieces that a made for each other. Especially since the upper would match the length description on the FA-10 form and the seller would agree you bought it with an upper..

That being said. The seller sold you an illegal gun. I would contact that person and tell then to get you a legal upper or just cut the bayo lug off and have the flash hider replaced with a pinned comp.

***Even better tell them to get you a preban!** Edited do to brain fartification

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom