POLL: Do you think Massachusetts should ban realistic-looking toy guns?

The only people that have to draw any lines are the people making the decision to deceive others into thinking the firearm is real. We all know better than to carry a fake gun openly, so should teenagers. If i was an officer, I don't think I'd feel any different. A person pointed what appeared to be a gun at a COP! It's not like he was reaching for his wallet or keys, he pulled a realistic looking imitation firearm on another person. Intent! You can ban everything, except intent!

Cudos to us who listen to our parents, but we are few and far in between... I know from on job experience....

The only problem with the people who need to draw the lines, is that they have no respect for themselves, the law, other people etc.. so how do expect/if you do them to think like a rational adults???

Kids growing up now have it more difficult than when we were kids, divorce rate is through the roof, kids having kids sky high, even if the parent does everything right from the word go, some of your best kids still could be in the group we are refering too...

Kids growing up now have it more difficult than when we were kids, divorce rate is through the roof, kids having kids sky high, even if the parent does everything right from the word go, some of your best kids still could be in the group we are refering too...

If your kid falls into the group we are referring to, then you DIDN'T do everything right from the word go.

Bull Shit, kids fall under alot more peer pressure now a days than before, parents have very little ways of disciplining their kids without prosecution from the wining snibbling bitches we call liberals, kids now do what they think is going to help them fit-in.... most kids anyway....

If your kid falls into the group we are referring to, then you DIDN'T do everything right from the word go.

True, I can honestly say for the most part Alan always picked friends that were alot like him. He only had one that Glenn and I nick named Eddie Haskell.
In todays world I think there are alot parents that really don't pay much attention to what their kids are doing. They also leave their kids to their own devices and want to be "FRIENDS", and not actually a parent. Doesn't work that way.
I know for a few years in Alan's teenage years he thought we were the worst parents out there,but he will tell you now that we weren't. Glenn literally had to play DI with him, the down side to that now is that his SGT's can yell at him all day and it does noooo good cause he just tunes them out and goes to his happy place as he calls it.[laugh]
I was also the stricter one with Alan than Glenn. Joys of both his parents being ex-mil, but hey he turned out to be a great man. I figure we did our job.

I should also add Glenn and I always backed each other up, and as we have always approached things we did it as a team.[grin]

Bull Shit, kids fall under alot more peer pressure now a days than before, parents have very little ways of disciplining their kids without prosecution from the wining snibbling bitches we call liberals, kids now do what they think is going to help them fit-in.... most kids anyway....

I disagree. Kids don't have any more peer pressure today than 50 years ago. It's just different. Parents can also still discipline their children. Kids want to fit in today just as much as they wanted to fit in 50 years ago.

A child is a child. It's a blank slate. We are the people that mold them, or allow them to be molded by others.

No they don't. We had just as much peer pressure as they do now, the difference is there are alot of parents that just want to be friends with their kids and not parents.

I disagree. Kids don't have any more peer pressure today than 50 years ago. It's just different. Parents can also still discipline their children. Kids want to fit in today just as much as they wanted to fit in 50 years ago.

A child is a child. It's a blank slate. We are the people that mold them, or allow them to be molded by others.

Martlet's right you have to start being a parent from DAY 1. We are the ones who instill the values that we want them to grow up with.

It comes down to this, we shouldnt ban replica or toy firearms, they make excellent training tools no doubt... just educate the kids in schools and come down harder on the offenders...

It comes down to this, we shouldnt ban replica or toy firearms, they make excellent training tools no doubt... just educate the kids in schools and come down harder on the offenders...

I don't believe schools are the place to educate children about firearms, but I agree with the sentiment of your post.

When Alan was little he wanted to do everything that Dad did. If Dad was cleaning a gun at the kitchen table then Alan wanted to be there doing the same thing. We would have him take his toy gun and he would sit there with his toy gun doing the same as Dad. It's how he learned, it's also how we started teaching him safe handling, etc, etc.
So no toy guns should not be banned.

this is making my head hurt... i seriously cannot believe that anyone on this forum would even slightly believe that banning a toy gun is a good idea.

sorry, my 2 cents, but IT IS A TOY!

my son and his friends run around playing army all the time, with TOY GUNS. and you know what, I did it as a kid too.

It just kills me, people are sucking the childhood from children and dont seem to give a shit.

they are banning the game tag, dodge ball and now toys. WTF is wrong here???

anyone one see that very old "Santa Clause is Coming to town"? you know whit the burgermister misterbuger guy.. .that bans TOYS!!!

is that really the direction you want to go?

lets ban those power wheels ride on toys too... afterall, cars kill tons more kids then guns, so we all know that they are dangerous.

GIVE ME A BREAK... ok... i quit drinking coffee... it is having some effects on my temperment... but my point stands [smile]

Cudos to safety starts in the home, I agree 100 %, the education I was talking about was for LEOs to further educate after initial education by the parents... meaning they should educate kids about the dangers that go along with replica/toy firearms... most parents think that its common sense and their kid will already know the dangers....

Thats nothing because next they are going to ban toy soldiers and army toys. Your kid will be recommended to a shrink if they demostrate any desire to play soldier or with these toys. GI joe is gonna look like an Obama Doll and when you pull the string it gonna say "together we can!" and probably put that togther with a Billery Clinton Doll. Army gear and jungle clothes will be out lawed in public becaise they people fear the style

All I'm saying is take a look around, look at the state and county prisons, and you find out that kids dont always listen to what their parents tell them, or common sense or good judgement takes a vacation day here and there on some people.... like ive said a million times before, "teach them right and prey"

We should ban toy babies too. Afterall, if a toy gun is going to turn a little boy into a mass murdering psycho wouldn't a toy baby turn a little girl into an unwed mother?

All I'm saying is take a look around, look at the state and county prisons, and you find out that kids dont always listen to what their parents tell them, or common sense or good judgement takes a vacation day here and there on some people.... like ive said a million times before, "teach them right and prey"

I blame the prison population on thirty or so years of failed social programs that have all but encouraged irresponsible parenting, single parents and teen pregnancy.

I blame the prisons on politicians that did little in keeping business in the USA that may have ensured that people who studied hard and worked hard would have a job or an opportunity to succeed like their parents may have.

I blame the prison population on a judicial system that treats crimes by teens under 18 as less serious than those over 18 and sealing the records of juviniles while dumping out on the streets over and over again for the same crimes without any hard time. The same kids end up going from juvinile centers to prison.

I blame the prison population on the American Medical Association that decided in their infinate wisdom that drugging kids with ritalyn and prozac is a better way of getting them to calm down than disipline. And I blame all the teachers who complain about their class sizes and how they have no time to devote any individual instruction to a child that may need it.

I blame the liberal mind set for not allowing kids to go through life as kids. For making laws that bar them from candy and soda. That will not allow dodge ball and that make young people criminals that say things they may not really mean. For making bans and laws that keep kids from developing in a manner that will help them prepare for life that is very competitive and not always that friendly.

I blame the prison population on politicians, law enforcement and the judicial systems that have pissed away billions and bilions of dollars over the past 30 years and have yet to make a dent in the war on drugs Yet at the same time they have created a black market for the newer and easier to make illegal drugs for criminals.

Finally I blame the prison population over a devisive two party system that has kept many of these issues from being addressed and has done more and more to seperate and divide it's citizens here in the US to insure that they remain in a position of power.

Back
Top Bottom