Police shoot dog, justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a stern voice. The dog seemed very well behaved and after the initial bluff would have responded to voice commands pretty well. Or maybe tell the guy to get his dog under control

I could agree with this.

I wouldn't have cuffed the dude for recording my actions as a public servant. It's part of the job. They "justified" dash cams for when shit gets real yet get their size 46" underoos in a bunch when they get recorded outside the dash cam. Joe 'Serf' records them and the chubby twins decide to cuff him for being "not fat" apparently.

I'm not going to go down to my neighbor's house, rile his dog up and when that dog jumps the fence execute him... If I did that I would expect some pretty serious actions against me.

All I know is there are a lot more of us then there are of the JBT. The Iraqi Police tried to hide when they realize their gig was up, it's great the serfs remembered who they were because many of them rightfully got theirs.

Bingo. Again refer to my 1st reply. I questioned why he was being arrested and or detained to begin with. The aftermath is horrible. Unjustified? I dont know. Unfortunate..for sure

It looks pretty cut and dry to me. The guy put it away before they came over, it got out of the window and and walked over to them.. it was not aggressive at all. No snarling that I could see. No showing teeth. It was just barking and walking towards his owner. I mean it was 2 feet from them sniffing the ground. Just ****ing grab the leash walk it over to the post there and tie it off. Not in a million years were any of those officers in danger of any real harm. They are all geared up, standing, and there were several of them.

Again, the laws need to be changed when it comes to just butchering people's pets with no recourse. Even if it is property a cop can't just start smashing your stuff without a DAMN good reason and a warrant, so why can they execute your dog for walking up and sniffing your shoe?

This is the kind of thing that makes guys like Chistopher Dorner do what he did. Its in the public's and the PD's best interest to change a whole bunch of things.

with a stern voice. The dog seemed very well behaved and after the initial bluff would have responded to voice commands pretty well. Or maybe tell the guy to get his dog under control

Precisely this! I have a 150 lb rotty/GSD mix. He does this all the time and somehow no one has shot him yet. More often than not it is how he instigates play. If that dog was going to attack it would have happened in 2 sec. flat. It could have closed the gap with a single bound no problem. The cop would have been on his back BEFORE he knew he was being attacked. The dog wasn't even in an attack posture, teeth bared, ears back, tail tucked, etc... If a dog wants to attack it doesn't "shit talk" you first it just attacks. Anything else means it is giving you the option to back off or to command it... The dog was just ****ing confused and had no idea what was going on...

Something dog owners have trouble understanding is that not all people love dogs as much as they do. I don't know why they have trouble with that, but its something I've observed repeatedly over the years.

I get that that some people would rather be bit than harm a dog, but they have to understand that sometimes others would not. A human should never have to feel in fear for their safety from an animal. There is no Bill of Rights or Constitution that applies to pets.

It doesn't matter if the dog was bluffing, it's not a persons responsibility to determine an animals intent.

Sorry, but human safety of life and limb trumps animal welfare every time.

If I could save one starving child in Africa by pressing a button that would extinguish every dog on earth as the price, I would mash that button until my hand bled. I think Penn Jillette said that. Human life is just that much more sacred. That's harsh, but it's the truth.

If I could save one starving child in Africa by pressing a button that would extinguish every dog on earth as the price, I would mash that button until my hand bled. I think Penn Jillette said that. Human life is just that much more sacred. That's harsh, but it's the truth.
I honestly don't know in my 8 years of owning NES that I ever has seen a more ignorant post.

Something dog owners have trouble understanding is that not all people love dogs as much as they do. I don't know why they have trouble with that, but its something I've observed repeatedly over the years.

I get that that some people would rather be bit than harm a dog, but they have to understand that sometimes others would not. A human should never have to feel in fear for their safety from an animal. There is no Bill of Rights or Constitution that applies to pets.

It doesn't matter if the dog was bluffing, it's not a persons responsibility to determine an animals intent.

I give up.

My problem is why did the put handcuffs on the man? I dont see that he was interacting with them in the least bit. Although if he was told to move on multiple times I can see them getting a bit pissy about it. What we do not know is what kind of scene this was and the potential for violence. The dog did lunge to protect his owner. They may have told him to control the dog but of course they made that impossible with him in cuffs. I would not say justified or trigger happy. I would say very unfortunate.

My first reply to this thread and I stand by it.

If you choose to be a LEO you choose to deal with dogs, I don't give a rats ass if you are a dog person or not. we get it you don't like dogs so don't get one but if you shoot my dog prepare to pay.

I dont think EVERYONE could compose themselves enough to be stern and say NO sternly.

Just thinking out loud...

I'm wondering about the wisdom of using firearms in that area. From a safety point of view there are numerous LE officers within arms length, in a thickly settled residential area with tons of bystanders. And the officer chooses to shoot his duty weapon?

What about ricochets? What about missed shots?

Me thinks this is not a case book example of when and where to discharge a weapon.

I'll have nightmares tonight of that poor dog struggling on the ground.

11 posts and your trolling. Be gone pest

It doesn't matter how many times you are told, "move along, there is nothing to see here." That doesn't give them the right to put you in cuffs, and kill your dog.

I believe I said that in my reply? Did I not?

then maybe they shouldn't be a LEO, none of the cops I know have shot a dog and all of them say they have been threatened by a dog.

Police yes, they should be able to stay calm in a stressful situation. Then again they should be able to run more than 10 feet without collapsing, but we've all seen the "pigs" ( see what i did there ) at dunkins with the gut. The general population though, has all sorts. Some may react very poorly to an aggressive dog.

Obviously the only course of action is to open fire.

Sorry dude, it was a bad shoot.

I never said every aggressive dog should be shot. Im not arguing about the cop anymore. At this point im talking dog attacks in general.

Police yes, they should be able to stay calm in a stressful situation. Then again they should be able to run more than 10 feet without collapsing, but we've all seen the "pigs" ( see what i did there ) at dunkins with the gut. The general population though, has all sorts. Some may react very poorly to an aggressive dog.

Then you know what? I don't want to pay them 80K a year with "detail money" as a bonus and then pay for their retirement after they spent an entire career justifying and defending a police state.

I never said every aggressive dog should be shot. Im not arguing about the cop anymore. At this point im talking dog attacks in general.

Your troll thread is complete. It went from this vid to dog attacks in general. [thinking]

I can't wait to hear about your LEO Union thread next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom