Police shoot dog, justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its known cops cant wait to shoot something. I just dont think pepper spray is the best option for a violent animal. Im not going to carry around pepper spray in case of a dog attack so i can save it. The only option is a firearm. It will stop the threat without question and you wont have to wonder if the dog will resist bullets, like it could pepper spray.

I agree with the question, why was he cuffed in the first place. What was the crime?

I think it is tragic, but I think that shoot is good all day.

Dave

"Mail men and UPS drivers deal with dogs every day, how many dogs have they shot?"

So what you're saying is if a dog lunged at you, with the intent of biting, you would slap it on the snout and call it a bad dog? Theres a difference between a dog barking at the mail man and a dog trying to cause you harm.

Bad shoot, trigger happy bitch. That's what I saw.

Oh, did I offend you? A simple female USPS delivery lady of 50 can handle the big dogs in the neighborhood, but some dick with a gun can't. Yeah, thump your chest and tell me again how you're a hero....

It's not f-ing justified. If I rile up a dog and then he attacks I'M WRONG....<-----and that's exactly what the tinman did

This is no different from the Minneapolis SWAT team kicking in the wrong door, getting in to a fire fight with an innocent man, then writing themselves up for awards for acting bravely. Had they not f-ed up from the get go a house would have a lot less holes.

The actions that led to the dog to jumping out of the car should have never happened, and because of that you cannot justify shooting a dog for getting upset that it's best friend is having his rights stomped on.

Bingo....

Last edited:
I don't typically mmqb... but it's on video, so here's my thoughts:

What bothers me here is timing. A draw from a pistol holster is going to be faster than OC a majority of the time, and is the appropriate reaction for a dog that lunges at you without warning or time to react. Prior to that, which seems to be the case here, they were facing off with the dog with plenty of time to make another decision. OC (15 seconds from dog getting out until shooting)

When that dog was first coming out of truck, the officer had plenty of time to pull it and hose dog down. Is a dog a deadly threat? sure. Just because something is right by policy though, doesn't make it right.

Be prepared before the attack. I walk my 2 dogs every day and deal with dogs on occasion. the spray is in my hand ready to go.Try pulling your gun out in anticipation in Mass.

So in your world effect must precede cause. If the JBTs hadn't FIRST taken illegal action then the dog wouldn't have taken a justifiable action...

The fact that im asking about the "attack" not the cause, yeah effect does precede cause. im not saying he was rightfully arrested or if the cops were wrong in not detaining the dog. i agree that they were wrong. im talking about the instance in this video where the animal is shot. if it was justified in that instance, regardless of cause.

Bad shoot, trigger happy bitch. That's what I saw.

Oh, did I offend you? A simple female USPS delivery lady of 50 can handle the big dogs in the neighborhood, but some dick with a gun can't. Yeah, thump your chest and tell me again how you're a hero....

Spot on.

if it was justified in that instance, regardless of cause.

I think most of us already agree that cuffing a man taking video of two fat cops is not justification for shooting his dog when the dog realizes two fat JBT's are teaching the serf a lesson.

My troll meter is starting to move to the right.

Okay, so what's in the water? Someone please tell me why so many people are going FR. [rolleyes]

I am thinking the same thing. It's not NES either.

This whole country loves sucking the t*ts of a police state. Does anyone have a line in the sand anymore, or do we all bend over and take it up our asses?

I think most of us already agree that cuffing a man taking video of two fat cops is not justification for shooting his dog when the dog realizes two fat JBT's are teaching the serf a lesson.

My troll meter is starting to move to the right.

im not trolling, im saying is a dog lunging like so justifiable....if you were walking down the street and a dog did that action at you, what would you do.

im not trolling, im saying is a dog lunging like so justifiable....if you were walking down the street and a dog did that action at you, what would you do.

If I was involved in making that dog want to bite me, I'm no different than the JBT's that murdered Jose Guerena.

You're trolling.

If I was involved in making that dog want to bite me, I'm no different than the JBT's that murdered Jose Guerena.

You're trolling.

call me a troll all you want, friend. My question will never get a proper answer, clearly.

I am thinking the same thing. It's not NES either.

This whole country loves sucking the t*ts of a police state. Does anyone have a line in the sand anymore, or do we all bend over and take it up our asses?

its beginning to enrage me also. wtf is wrong with people.

I would take the bite or it would get kicked in the head, dog bites suck but if you understand dogs you can control them. maybe go to the local trainer and get yourself some tips.

i already said it but i watched the video again and felt it needed to be reiterated...

images

See, now you are just being a douche bag.

You got your answer. You're wrong, you're trolling, or you just love a police state and being controlled by your master.

Thanks for playing.

Until next time on NES, I'm your host ColdDay, expect some negs!

See, now you are just being a douche bag.

You got your answer. You're wrong, you're trolling, or you just love a police state and being controlled by your master.

Thanks for playing.

i refuse to believe anyone would willingly let a dog of that size bite them. i said already i dont agree with the arrest and that its not justified. im simply asking if shooting the dog was a justified, it just happened to be a cop who shot it.

i refuse to believe anyone would willingly let a dog of that size bite them. i said already i dont agree with the arrest and that its not justified. im simply asking if shooting the dog was a justified, it just happened to be a cop who shot it.

If shooting dogs is cool with you, go **** yourself.

but what can you do if a dog legitimately is attacking you?

opps that was for boghog

No.

If my literally 45+ year old postal woman can deliver my mail everyday for 7 years with my 90lb lab/dane mix lunging at the door, and all she has is pepper spray, why does anyone need to kill a dog?

If shooting dogs is cool with you, go **** yourself.

I said we shouldn't go around shooting every aggressive animal that crosses your path in a previous comment, if youre being attacked by a dog and you have the meant of stopping it you wouldnt?

im not trying to instigate you guys, i dont understand the hostility.

if you call what that rottie in the video did attacking you seriously dont know dogs. god help you or any of these jbt pricks if you shoot the wrong guy's dog because shortly after shooting the dog, you will wish you had saved the ammunition. [thumbsup]

No.

If my literally 45+ year old postal woman can deliver my mail everyday for 7 years with my 90lb lab/dane mix lunging at the door, and all she has is pepper spray, why does anyone need to kill a dog?

what if the door wasnt in between them? i wouldnt shoot a dog through a door either. People have been killed by dog attacks

I said we shouldn't go around shooting every aggressive animal that crosses your path in a previous comment, if youre being attacked by a dog and you have the meant of stopping it you wouldnt?

im not trying to instigate you guys, i dont understand the hostility.

Your question is a "what-if", so it's pretty much useless to discuss. If a dog were to attack you, you should have good enough reason to shoot (fearing for your life). It is then up to ballistics to prove whether it was an act of SD. The problem I have is trigger-happy JBT and pussies that can't judge a dog's intent. Seriously.

No.

The trigger happy ones here hate to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom