Police officer sues Sig Sauer alleging weapon fired by itself

Ok well hundreds died from the problem and there's 1 or 2 stories of a car with 3 floor mats. Constants, variables and all.

It's all right there in the article. Toyota called their customers so stupid they didn't know how to install floormats and the customers said, "thank you". I even quoted it.
"Hundreds of people" did not die from bad gas pedals, thats pure bullshit. 🤣

"Hundreds of people" did not die from bad gas pedals, thats pure bullshit. 🤣
I meant hundreds of accidents, 93 deaths.

And 1 poor bastard was serving an 8 year prison sentence for vehicular manslaughter, nice!

I meant hundreds of accidents, 93 deaths.

And 1 poor bastard was serving an 8 year prison sentence for vehicular manslaughter, nice!

If you read between the lines on most of these "claims" it's not because of gas pedals. Toyota is not the only company that faced pit viper garbage on UA, either. Ambulance chasers can make hay out of basically nothing. Protip: even if the vehicle had a pedal under recall that doesn't mean it was the car's fault, but it provides a convenient expedient cop out for shitty drivers.

If you read between the lines on most of these "claims" it's not because of gas pedals. Toyota is not the only company that faced pit viper garbage on UA, either. Ambulance chasers can make hay out of basically nothing. Protip: even if the vehicle had a pedal under recall that doesn't mean it was the car's fault, but it provides a convenient expedient cop out for shitty drivers.
I don't have to read between any lines. Toyota admitted it was the pedals, that's why they changed out millions of pedals, quietly. They blamed the floormats and Joe Blow American was more than happy to admit they are too retarded to install floormats.

I don't have to read between any lines. Toyota admitted it was the pedals, that's why they changed out millions of pedals, quietly. They blamed the floormats and Joe Blow American was more than happy to admit they are too retarded to install floormats.
I don’t what the heck you folks are talking about. All they did with the pedals was cut down the brake pedal so it was smaller. That’s it. So it was harder for a moron to hit the brake pedal and the gas pedal ar the same time. I had a 4Runner that was subject to this recall. It was completer BS. There were no problems with the vehIcles. This whole thing was made up by the press and personal injury attorneys.

I don’t what the heck you folks are talking about. All they did with the pedals was cut down the brake pedal so it was smaller. That’s it. So it was harder for a moron to hit the brake pedal and the gas pedal ar the same time. I had a 4Runner that was subject to this recall. It was completer BS. There were no problems with the vehIcles. This whole thing was made up by the press and personal injury attorneys.

Lol, there were thousands of bad (chinese, IIRC) pedals that were actually recalled. It was literally printed in the recall. I know because I read the letter myself and I got them for years
afterwards. And I was getting them for 2 cars, too. (they still thought I had an 09 even though that car got totaled).

If you had one of the OK Japanese pedals (I did) then your pedal would not be replaced and just shaved down on the bottom. The reason the cut the bottom was because of the floor mat
BS. They figured if they shaved the bottom off it would cut off 90% of retards at the pass. Depending on the vehicle they also removed a bit of padding from the floor under the pedal and put your carpet back together.

I agree the whole thing was grossly exaggerated though. Even when there WERE bad pedals, those failures were rare. But the ambulance chasers latched onto that shit hard.

I know it's the FBI but it's the closest thing to credible I can find. Toyota fanbois, look away:

A deferred prosecution agreement, filed today, forced Toyota to “admit” that it “misled U.S. consumers by concealing and making deceptive statements about two safety related issues affecting its vehicles, each of which caused a type of unintended acceleration.”

At the time of the first ABC News report, Toyota attempted to assure its drivers that the incidents of sudden acceleration without warning were solely caused by floor mats becoming stuck on the gas pedals or driver error. But already other customers were complaining of similar problems with sudden acceleration, but some had nothing to do with the floor mats and they maintained they weren’t to blame either.

ABC News published dozens of reports in the following months as Toyota said it investigated and announced massive recalls to address the accelerators being stuck under floor mats – repeatedly assuring drivers that the problem had been taken care of. But today Toyota admitted that the recalls did not cover all the cars they knew were in danger and said that they also concealed another cause of sudden acceleration they had found during their investigations – “sticky” pedals, which refers to the accelerator getting stuck partially depressed.

Sorry boys, they lied. They chamged the pedals, no clearancing, no floormats bs. It's all right there in the articles I posted.

Back when this was all breaking news, car message boards were still very active. Lots and lots of Toyota techs were posting pics of removing floormats and changing gas pedals at the same time. All of it memory-holed now.

I know it's the FBI but it's the closest thing to credible I can find. Toyota fanbois, look away:

Sorry boys, they lied. They chamged the pedals, no clearancing, no floormats bs. It's all right there in the articles I posted.

Back when this was all breaking news, car message boards were still very active. Lots and lots of Toyota techs were posting pics of removing floormats and changing gas pedals at the same time. All of it memory-holed now.

none of its memory holed

the reality is most of this was an ambulance chaser fest created off ginned up hysteria.

I’ve driven 250,000+ miles in 3 different Toyotas. They’ve had their issues but never any unintended acceleration.

Back
Top Bottom