• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police officer sues Sig Sauer alleging weapon fired by itself

Yea, not like cops are screwing around with their guns. No way. Cuz, striker fired guns don't need the trigger pulled to pull the firing pin back. nope

So 49 years of Law Enforcement means he walked around with a gun in a holster. Makes it sound like he's firearms expect like most people think. He should have kept his S&W Model 10. Looser, move on....

The writer of that piece mike beaudet is a low life piece of sh|t. I,ve had conversations with him several times on his flat out activism when he’d do a piece on hands free cellphone bans and he’d purposely use BS stats and push his agenda. He’d use the stats for distracted driving deaths and cell phone use as the same. Distracted driving deaths include everything from kids distracting the driver, the driver eating, putting on make up, reading, changing the radio, etc.

Beaudet used to be at fox 25, he’s at channel 5 now. He’d do these pieces and include interviews with a family of a woman killed while riding her bike in ARKANSAS, the driver was texting and other things and now the family was pushing for a hands free cell phone bill on Massachusetts (there was already a texting while driving ban).

I called out beaudet for his lies, only using views for the Barcelona phone bans and purposely lying with the stats. I believe the stats were 3500 distracted driving deaths per year in the country which is a very very tiny number and that includes all distracted driving.

Mike beaudet is a garbage person.

Look at the wording of the article. The opening says claims, everything after that never says allegations or claim, it’s framed as a fact. “ It’s happening all over the country “. F you beaudet. It say reports of this happening or allegations, it shouldn’t suggest claims of Sig discharges are facts.

Says it’s “common” in Somerville and Cambridge. What a hack “journalist.

He was incredibly arrogant and a POS in my interactions with beaudet. A smug c0cksucker. Looks like an ugly monkey

Start reading the appendices of the lawsuits. A lot of the lawsuits are bogus but others not so much. In at least one case i referenced 3 guys are sitting in a truck, one guys p320 just fires in its holster. There are other documented cases with witnesses too. Something is either breaking in these guns or theres some f***ery afoot like a holster design being a huge part of the problem.

One of the Somerville cops had the gun loose in a backpack and shot himself yet blamed the gun. I definitely think there were issues with early model 320s but the recent claims look like money grabs. There are hundreds of thousands of cops, and we hear about NDs regularly with various guns. Many of these cops are carrying a gun because it’s part of the equipment but they have little understanding of guns or proper handling. They’re idiots who created the discharge.

The lawyer mentioned in the piece just graduated law school in 2015 and the few other lawyers in the law office don’t have much more experience. They look like a small law office chasing slip and falls in supermarkets and ambulance chasers. Sig is going to have much better lawyers and resources in their defense.

This new one, the woman, had a flesh wound and the Cambridge cop didn’t even get hit yet they’re probably suing for millions.

I don’t believe any of these recent cases, I think it’s a money grab
I think most are shit but there are some weird incidents in the margins. This smells eerily similar to the toyota gas pedal BS.

I think most are shit but there are some weird incidents in the margins. This smells eerily similar to the toyota gas pedal BS.

Definitely. If you look at that lawyers firm, Kelly and associates, almost every result they list is a settlement. They’re a shakedown law firm who gets the ‘get lost’ quick settlement and moves onto the next car accident. They even farm out the real garbage to other firms like the slime balls on tv.

I remember there was a ND in Waltham a few years ago. Haven’t heard a lawsuit so the Waltham PD most have glocks and S&W and it’s harder to file the bs lawsuit. Lol

Start reading the appendices of the lawsuits. A lot of the lawsuits are bogus but others not so much. In at least one case i referenced 3 guys are sitting in a truck, one guys p320 just fires in its holster. There are other documented cases with witnesses too. Something is either breaking in these guns or theres some f***ery afoot like a holster design being a huge part of the problem.
I'm not saying it's not 'technically' possible, it's just I've 'been around' a bit. I've seen memos that make you think 'you had the gall to submit this?'

I'd just like to see an independent tester do what the cases are claiming and see the results. There WAS something wrong with the 320, but from what I know about it from independent sources (owners/.gov workers who carried it), you'd think I'd know someone who had something 'odd' happen with one of theirs. I know it's not scientific, but just 'me'. Stuff like this goes through the grapevine pretty quick.

FAKE NEWS
Our own illustrious President Sleepy Joe insists over and over that firearms manufacturers can not be sued, and he would never lie.

I saw a HnK with a broken part essentially become a 'binary' type trigger. But there were broken parts in the gun.
Kewl!

I once saw a Fortran compiler register allocation error
convert a Fibonacci sequence function into a power-of-2 generator.

(It was generating the next number in the sequence
by adding the most recent previous value to itself
instead of summing the two previous values in the sequence).

As far as I know, the guy who fixed it just fixed it
without noticing that the buggy code did something wrong but useful.
But I was gobsmacked at the busted apps' output.

Then again, I have no respect for "circuit benders";
the script kiddies of modern electronics.
If only they applied their shiftless ways to making guns go full auto,
they'd at least be doing something useful for society.

Kewl!

I once saw a Fortran compiler register allocation error
convert a Fibonacci sequence function into a power-of-2 generator.

(It was generating the next number in the sequence
by adding the most recent previous value to itself
instead of summing the two previous values in the sequence).

As far as I know, the guy who fixed it just fixed it
without noticing that the buggy code did something wrong but useful.
But I was gobsmacked at the busted apps' output.

Then again, I have no respect for "circuit benders";
the script kiddies of modern electronics.
If only they applied their shiftless ways to making guns go full auto,
they'd at least be doing something useful for society.
Well, it was a 'learning experience' about the 4 rules when the gun fired when the trigger was released, sometimes when it was pulled, sometimes it didn't fire at all.

Well, it was a 'learning experience' about the 4 rules when the gun fired when the trigger was released, sometimes when it was pulled, sometimes it didn't fire at all.
5vz5y5.jpg

Well, in that case Toyota admitted there was a flaw they were covering up and paid Billions quietly in a fine.

This does not look good for SIG's firearms.
As we all know all big business prepare for lawsuits but this seems quite out of the norm.

Good luck & best wishes....

Last edited:
Eventually, there will be video of it happening. Then, it will be used in lawsuits across the land.

In one of the lawsuits in the appendix of said lawsuit, there actually IS video referenced inside a police truck. Two cops are in a police truck just talking with each other, one of them, his gun fires in the holster (without him touching it) and the first thing he says to the other guy is "you saw that right, I didnt even touch it!!!!" or something similar. I went digging trying to find the video but apparently it hasn't been made public.

There are other documented cases with these guns to the point where, while some are people covering for negligence, they can't all be liars. There are other incidents that have
witnesses, too.

ETA: also "lawsuits across the land" there are already at least a dozen P320 suits, although some may have been combined with others etc.

Those cops who haven't had a desk pop yet need to stick to hammer guns with external safeties and modified 25 pound double action triggers. Throw in a New York 9 spring lol.

Well, in that case Toyota admitted there was a flaw they were covering up and paid Billions quietly in a fine.

There was nothing "quiet" about it. And most of the injury claims were actually bogus, but there WAS a bunch of defective gas pedals that got discovered in the mix of things, but a crazy number of "unintended acceleration" things was liked to shit like idiots stacking floor mats on the drivers side, or non OEM floor mats going under gas pedals etc. Even if you had an OK gas pedal (and I had a jap one at the time) they still went into your car and removed some of the padding below the carpet, restapled it, and then they would also grind off like a quarter inch off the gas pedal itself, to make it less likely some retard would get it stuck under a mat. Then they started putting warning labels on the OEM mats on the drivers side, basically warning people to not stack mats on that side. There was a lot of end user stupidity involved in these UA incidents.

Then there was that a**h*** with the prius, but upon further investigation it turned out he was basically just trying to defraud Toyota. (he crashed his prius and claimed "unintended acceleration" hoping to get a payday out of it.

I thought is was just the 320's

They're all fundamentally the same gun, I just dont think you hear about it with an M series or one of the safety guns because nobody buys those things unless they actually intend to use the
safety... and I bet that safety lever also blocks the gun from firing under adverse circumstances, as well.

Also volume wise there are metric shit-tons more plain P320s in service than Ms, X-fives, etc. (Well, DOD has a bunch of m pistols obviously, but still).

In one of the lawsuits in the appendix of said lawsuit, there actually IS video referenced inside a police truck. Two cops are in a police truck just talking with each other, one of them, his gun fires in the holster (without him touching it) and the first thing he says to the other guy is "you saw that right, I didnt even touch it!!!!" or something similar. I went digging trying to find the video but apparently it hasn't been made public.

There are other documented cases with these guns to the point where, while some are people covering for negligence, they can't all be liars. There are other incidents that have
witnesses, too.

ETA: also "lawsuits across the land" there are already at least a dozen P320 suits, although some may have been combined with others etc.

I’m sure some are legit, but the trial lawyers are chasing money in most. The first few years I’d believe those were mostly legit, the recent ones are not ones I’d believe.

A guy in NH sued Sig for this situation, last month he lost (I believe in federal court)

There was nothing "quiet" about it. And most of the injury claims were actually bogus, but there WAS a bunch of defective gas pedals that got discovered in the mix of things, but a crazy number of "unintended acceleration" things was liked to shit like idiots stacking floor mats on the drivers side, or non OEM floor mats going under gas pedals etc. Even if you had an OK gas pedal (and I had a jap one at the time) they still went into your car and removed some of the padding below the carpet, restapled it, and then they would also grind off like a quarter inch off the gas pedal itself, to make it less likely some retard would get it stuck under a mat. Then they started putting warning labels on the OEM mats on the drivers side, basically warning people to not stack mats on that side. There was a lot of end user stupidity involved in these UA incidents.

Then there was that a**h*** with the prius, but upon further investigation it turned out he was basically just trying to defraud Toyota. (he crashed his prius and claimed "unintended acceleration" hoping to get a payday out of it.

It was the pedal, floormats was made up BS for the public:

Early on, Toyota suggested that driver error was to blame, saying that some people may have hit the gas when they meant to hit the brake. Even after issuing recalls to address problematic floor mats that in some cases pinned down accelerators, the company hid a flawed gas pedal design that it knew did the same thing, according to documents accompanying the agreement.

Yeah it was made of BS that they pulled three dead people out of a car and they found three mats on the drivers side..... yes, there were pedal issues in some cars but lots of UA issues were caused by things other than the bad gas pedals.

They're all fundamentally the same gun, I just dont think you hear about it with an M series or one of the safety guns because nobody buys those things unless they actually intend to use the
safety... and I bet that safety lever also blocks the gun from firing under adverse circumstances, as well.

Also volume wise there are metric shit-tons more plain P320s in service than Ms, X-fives, etc. (Well, DOD has a bunch of m pistols obviously, but still).
Makes sense. I don’t believe they make the M-series without the manual safety, so even though there are a ton of them in the military now, the manual safety must be preventing whatever might be happening with the non-safety p320’s. I don’t know if any of the unintended discharges involved any p320’s with manual safeties.

I’m sure some are legit, but the trial lawyers are chasing money in most. The first few years I’d believe those were mostly legit, the recent ones are not ones I’d believe.

A guy in NH sued Sig for this situation, last month he lost (I believe in federal court)
I think that was the dog walking guy but I wouldn't be surprised over that I was a little skeptical reading that lawsuit especially the part where the guy said that the holster blew up and at the same time I'm trying to figure out how the holster exploded if the gun was in it.... even if the gun fired it shouldn't have damaged The holster if the gun was actually holstered when it discharged.... it's not like that holster had a closed mouth.

I think that was the dog walking guy but I wouldn't be surprised over that I was a little skeptical reading that lawsuit especially the part where the guy said that the holster blew up and at the same time I'm trying to figure out how the holster exploded if the gun was in it.... even if the gun fired it shouldn't have damaged The holster if the gun was actually holstered when it discharged.... it's not like that holster had a closed mouth.

This guy

Yeah it was made of BS that they pulled three dead people out of a car and they found three mats on the drivers side..... yes, there were pedal issues in some cars but lots of UA issues were caused by things other than the bad gas pedals.
Ok well hundreds died from the problem and there's 1 or 2 stories of a car with 3 floor mats. Constants, variables and all.

It's all right there in the article. Toyota called their customers so stupid they didn't know how to install floormats and the customers said, "thank you". I even quoted it.

Back
Top Bottom