Police Chief Shoots Self at Gun Training Session

* * * VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED * * *

Not to “bloody things up here” but I thought, perhaps, a reminder of the circumstances of a negligent discharge might settle things down a tad…at least for a while!

This poor individual in the photo wasn’t shot with a .40, I believe it must have been a shotgun. That WILL leave a mark!

Lord Have Mercy!

div24.gif

Here I thought that placing “Viewer Discretion Advised” as the title would be enough to warn people of the photo that followed. Well how wrong I was . . . after getting a [slap] from Derek, I’m here with hat in hand asking forgiveness. Perhaps it was a bit much and I should have placed a link to it after explaining just what the photo was. I had the photo on my computer but can’t find where I snatched it from the Net. so I can’t post a link. Such is life.

Last edited:
FPO that I know, left sidearm on roof of vehicle while going to gym, two hours later pistol was found right where "Bob" left it.

Not to “bloody things up here” but I thought, perhaps, a reminder of the circumstances of a negligent discharge might settle things down a tad…at least for a while!

This poor individual in the photo wasn’t shot with a .40, I believe it must have been a shotgun. That WILL leave a mark!

Lord Have Mercy!

.​
Where is linky for said picture to justify this statement, given there isn't one in the referenced article, and it conflicts directly with the first line of said article:
The police chief in Riverdale accidentally shot himself in an ankle while demonstrating how to dislodge a jammed handgun.

Before we jump too hard all over this poor man, let's consider that he may be a good guy and pro 2A for all us non-elite folks.

Then again, he could be just like Crowley so just in case...

"I am the only one in this room professional enough..."

Where is linky for said picture to justify this statement, given there isn't one in the referenced article, and it conflicts directly with the first line of said article:
It was a seriously grotesque picture of a very BAD ankle injury - think large hole blown in the shin or ankle - with NO warning. That sort of pic needs a warning or a link rather than posting it directly, so Derek pulled it.

Just wish he'd pulled it before I saw it. [puke2]

It was a seriously grotesque picture of a very BAD ankle injury - think large hole blown in the shin or ankle - with NO warning. That sort of pic needs a warning or a link rather than posting it directly, so Derek pulled it.

Just wish he'd pulled it before I saw it. [puke2]
Fair enough. Still, I would expect a .40 at 2-2.5 feet to make a pretty good sized hole in one's ankle, but nothing compared a shotgun blast at <=1 foot (considering brl. length).

He should be thankful it didnt happen in the middle of a gun fight.... thats why you practice malfuction drills with dummy rounds.....

Heard in another report that Chief, who has a chronic cough, likes to ski and practice Chinese martial arts. He also indicated that he was finding his convalescence very confining. He's looking forward to getting out of his Cage so he can Tchaikovsky.

Heard in another report that Chief, who has a chronic cough, likes to ski and practice Chinese martial arts. He also indicated that he was finding his convalescence very confining. He's looking forward to getting out of his Cage so he can Tchaikovsky.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][wink]
sigh

More details on the incident:
Riverdale's police chief will be out of the hospital tonight after accidentally shooting himself over the weekend. Riverdale Police Chief Dave Hansen will likely be on crutches for weeks.

On Saturday morning, the police chief was teaching a class on concealed weapons permits. His gun accidentally went off, and the bullet went through his ankle. He was using his Glock as a display. He was teaching gun safety to about a dozen citizens at the Riverdale Police Department.

He pulled the clip out of the gun, and then he was making sure the chamber was clear. Neil Hansen, the police chief's brother, said, "He pointed it down, pulled the trigger because he didn't want to give it to a classmate not knowing for sure whether a shell was in there. And at that point, the gun discharged and [the bullet] had gone through his ankle."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3235320

It gets even better:

RIVERDALE, UTAH -- Witnesses to Police Chief Dave Hansen's self-inflicted gunshot wound accuse officials of trying to cover up for the chief through the official version of events released to the news media.

Two West Haven residents attending the concealed weapons permit class Hansen taught Saturday told the Standard-Examiner on Monday that Hansen was extremely careless while handling the loaded Glock 40 pistol before the shooting.

They said police responding to the incident ignored the dozen people at the class until hours later, not even asking if anyone else had been hit by a bullet or shrapnel.

"It's all a bunch of lies, and they're trying to cover up what really happened," said Lewis Walker, who attended the class with his wife and friends.

"The chief's brother was just on TV saying the chief was showing us how to clear a weapon when the gun went off, but that's bull!" "The chief said he was going to show us the rifling in the barrel of the gun, and he was pointing it around at all of us in the class. He was trying to disassemble the gun under the table when it went off."

"Nobody thought anything about the gun being loaded. We were told the gun is the chief's personal sidearm, but it looked to me like he didn't know anything about the gun."

"When the gun went off, we thought it must have been a blank he was using to impress us, but then he hollered, I'm hit, and he fell over and told us to call 911."

http://www.standard.net/live.php/news/132317/

Sad part is, people trust him to run these class' and they see a CLEO do something like this, how does that portray the rest of us CCW instructors??

Back
Top Bottom