pof-usa and 2nd chances

I’m in the market for a new toy. I’m tossing around anything from a 1919, a 1911 or a gas piston upper for my AR. For the upper I was looking at POF USA. I sent them a question by email and immediately got an “auto response” saying that they would get back to me as soon as possible. Weeks later I still hadn’t heard anything from them. I hit the reply button on their auto response and typed a one-sentence reply:

“Any idea when I can expect a response to this question?”

Their response when it finally came was “What is your question??”

[angry]

My gut is telling me to walk away right now but I figured I’d ask around to see if anybody has any experience with their customer service. Are they worth a second chance?

Also even if you haven’t dealt with POF USA, what would you do with any general company who started out this way? I just had a very bad experience with a registrar who I ignored a red flag from and ended up paying for it later so now I’m very picky. Is that just me?

If you want the best piston upper currently available, go with LWRC. Or what about an XCR from RobArm? Then again, a 1919 would be pretty darn nice!

In theory it's always nice to give a company a 2nd chance. In actuality I give a company one chance. If they ignore me or provide bad service/product I generally stay away.

If you want the best piston upper currently available, go with LWRC. Or what about an XCR from RobArm? Then again, a 1919 would be pretty darn nice!

I have been looking into gas piston AR uppers also - and have looked at the XCR - maybe this is a stupid question, but who is LWRC?

I would at least try to call them. I have been thinking about getting one of thier products in the future, and it seems that they get good reviews on the product side. In an upstart company like that the same guy answering emails probably works the assembly line, cleans the bathroom, and cuts the payroll checks. I would not be surprised if they get burried in email.

On a side note, I sent a technical application question to Lone Wolf Distributors http://www.lonewolfdist.com and the guy replied about an hour later.... on Christmas eve. I almost wrote him back telling him to go home.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. I may call them and try to talk to somebody other then the guy who responded to me.

Also, remember it is the holiday season. In a small company (and even in a large company as well), things can slip between the cracks during the holiday season.

Back
Top Bottom