• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Please refresh my memory---registering firearms

Yea, I bought my two year old daughter a Chipmunk .22 for when she's six years old.

So far my son has an older Mossberg 142K (bolt action .22), a S&W M34, and this will make his third firearm. I get to play with them from time to time though. :D :D :D

FPrice said:
Yea, I bought my two year old daughter a Chipmunk .22 for when she's six years old.

So far my son has an older Mossberg 142K (bolt action .22), a S&W M34, and this will make his third firearm. I get to play with them from time to time though. :D :D :D

Yea, this is my only gun for my kid. But when we do do the 1911 builds, I plan on making them for them as well.

C-pher said:
FPrice said:

Yea, this is my only gun for my kid. But when we do do the 1911 builds, I plan on making them for them as well.

You're such a good dad. Wanna adopt me???? :D [lol]

Lynne said:
You're such a good dad. Wanna adopt me???? :D [lol]

Yea, well I had good family values from mine as well. It started with my grandfather. Which started with his dad and grandfather, and so on and so on.

So I guess that Guns just run in my family. :D :D

I mean, that we don't run guns. Just that everyone in my family has them. [shock] hehehe

Lynne said:
Coyote33 said:
How do Christmas presents work under this system?

As Frosty said, you, as Santa, will have to register said firearm. After presenting it, given that said receipient is licensed and of age, then you can do another FA-10 to put it under his or her name.

But isn't there a fee for that? Or is a dealer required to do this? Sounds like a bother. Can't it just be registered to the recipient in the first place? There should be a "gift recipient" checkbox on the registration form.

It can't be registered to the person without them being present at the time of the sale to fill out the paperwork.

No there isn't a fee for doing the transfer yourself. You can do up to 4 personal transfers per year, and the FA-10 form can be picked up at your local PD.

Adam

In addition to Adam's comments (which are 100% correct):

- We were talking about buying guns for children, right?

- Children can not legally possess (or shoot guns) without having a proper permit (15+ for FID with parental permission, 21 for handguns) or adult (with proper permit) supervision.

- Thus, the guns can't be registered to the children until they are of proper age and licensed themselves. [By then, I'm sure that there will be a fee invoked! :( ]

Back
Top Bottom