Plans for this fall?

Have time off for turkey in October already. Unfortunately not likely to have more time until December so I'm likely out deer this year. But planning on coyote after deer season is over.

I've taken a total of 17 work days off from mid Oct. to end of Dec. plus I get every Saturday and holiday in there as well. This will be my 3rd season hunting so I'm not getting my hopes up but I'll try as hard as I can.

Ducks, deer partridges and woodcock in Vermont, ducks in Rhode Island, ducks and deer in Massachusetts. Furbearers in several states. Did I mention I like duck hunting everywhere?

By the way, what are these "grouse" people speak of? Are they related to partridges?

Canadian border of Maine Bear hunting
Sitting on my own hunting property in Maine for Deer and night yote hunting
Might mIx it up and do some trapping.
Florida hogging, Georgia Deer
One day ill duck hunt but for now I dont have enough vacation time nor the Cabellas finanve to take it up ;)

Sent from the blind

I'll be hitting NH for the archery opener on September 15th then focusing on MA when archery opens October 20th. I"ll have a couple of muzzle loader trips with a buddy up a little more north in NH in early November but my main focus will be the rut in MA as I have a number of archery only properties to hunt this year that are close to home and work. I have way more tags than I need that is for sure with the way my tags worked out but I'll have fun trying to fill a few of them.

Other than deer, probably 2-4 pheasant trips with a couple of buddies. I'd like to say I will get back into duck hunting this year as I do love it and miss it but the reality is but with no buddies that duck hunt and since I ditched all my dekes years ago that isn't likely to happen......this year.

Im in the same boat as far as duck hunting goes, but ive got the gear, just no buddies who hunt. If you want we could get together, always willing to share my blind(s) with like minded people...you just gotta keep your mouth shut about my spots! [smile]

Productive day. Four bridges built and placed. Two two-person stands and one one-person stand hung today. One camera moved, one additional camera placed and three more cameras checked. We started early but the weather got warm and humid fast. Those two-person stands are a bitch to move through thick brush.

Fitz

Hopefully I'll get my life together enough to get out for the first time this year. Hoping that pheasant proves to be a good gateway into the wider world of hunting.

Archery hunting on Sundays now that the Sunday hunting ban has been partially lifted.

Actually scratch that. It passed the house, but I believe it still needs to be passed by Senate.

Last edited:
My plan is to hit zone 9 September 8th when the squirrel season opens up......taking my son......we'll put in a few days out there and see if we can get some to put in the freezer! Pheasand season I'll probably do 2 days........WHen deer season opens I plan to put in a few extra days this year........have a couple of trips planned with some folks that know how to do productive deer drives so keeping my fingers crossed I'll get my first deer this year. Considering getting a TC impact muzzle loader and using it for both shotgun AND muzzle loader season.........borrowed a TC black diamond last year to try it out and damn those bad larry's are accurate!

Those are nice fish.

I didn't get drawn for the So. Carolina hunt I wanted so I donated it. Staying local. Or maybe I'll buy a biggame lic for Maine too and do a weekend for deer. Gotta do one more session with the muzzie and need to look into insulated bibs that arent too spendy.

Back
Top Bottom