• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plans for this fall?

Chris M.

NES Member
So who's making plans, reservations, roadtrips for hunting this fall?

For me, glwatcdr, it looks like...

- Maine for birds
- Ma for deer, will use the muzzleloader during shotgun, just cuz
- SC for deer, public land, but still looking forward to it [wink]

Actually that's about it for me.

Anybody else?

CT for Deer, Lots of pheasant in MA, and maybe south for hogs in the spring. My son will be doing most of the shooting....

Lots of pheasant here in MA. Son has first FID and hunting license...
Grouse and woodcock in Pittsburgh, NH, Columbus Day long weekend. Cabin booked and stocking up on clays and ammo for down time shooting with kids.
Deer hunting in NYS in November. Hoped to get the bow out this summer and get back in shape but doesn't look like that's going to happen.........
Trees stand still up for deer season here in December but I usually don't make it out much.....Why cant we hunt deer in Nov. in MA?

12 year old daughter just spent a week at Berry's Conservation Camp. Her studying was rewarded by a hunting license at the end of the week. I just finished assembling the second two person deer stand….

I also booked a 4 day bear hunt in northern NH the week before bow season opens for deer. Cameras are already deployed for deer….

Fitz

Not waiting for the fall! Got a bear hunt coming up in the beginning of September. Setting the stands and bait this weekend. Turkeys for sure in the fall and most likely deer as well. Splurged on MA, NH and ME licenses and tags this year.

Last edited:
I look forward to duck season more than anything else. Deer would be 2nd. Then upland game birds/ turkey which I don't have much luck with either. I don't even really bother with fall turkey season. Spring is hard enough as it is.

I look forward to duck season more than anything else. Deer would be 2nd. Then upland game birds/ turkey which I don't have much luck with either. I don't even really bother with fall turkey season. Spring is hard enough as it is.

No sharks?

not.jpg

I'm going to try to run the course this year. Duck and Goose during early waterfowl, then archery season for deer and if a turkey happens to walk by during the season. Then rabbit and finally coyote for the remainder of that season.

All the usual stuff here and of course a trip to big sky country for pronghorns and mule deer. giant white tails will be accepted if they venture into Mulie country. On a side note a friend went to FL for hogs. Seemed pretty cool. He shot a 300 lb bruiser. Not to expensive either. I might give that a try next winter. Good luck to all.

Well if I don't go to Fort Sill for three months for SLC (standby list), I'll be hitting the NH woods for deer, bear, and coyote.

Maybe Indiana for deer to start, than Mass for deer, maybe turkey and bear if one walks by.

Not sure if I will do any NH hunting this year since I basically ate a few hundred dollars in licences last year. Just hard to get to a place by myself and really no one to head out with.

I just have a hard time getting up so early for turkey for some reason, deer no problem.

I drove to Concord to get my License with the extra WMA M deer tags for two antlerless deer. I also got a fall turkey tag.
Completed my Hunter Safety course last Saturday.

Malodave

Deer, Grouse, Woodcock, and maybe Turkey and Ducks. Haven't got a clue where the waterfowl live in New Hampshire though so I'll need to do some scouting

I've heard the Grouse hunting up North is really good so I may make a weekend camping/hunting trip with a friend. New Hampshire has tons of Turkeys which is really nice

Last edited:
I'll be hitting NH for the archery opener on September 15th then focusing on MA when archery opens October 20th. I"ll have a couple of muzzle loader trips with a buddy up a little more north in NH in early November but my main focus will be the rut in MA as I have a number of archery only properties to hunt this year that are close to home and work. I have way more tags than I need that is for sure with the way my tags worked out but I'll have fun trying to fill a few of them.

Other than deer, probably 2-4 pheasant trips with a couple of buddies. I'd like to say I will get back into duck hunting this year as I do love it and miss it but the reality is but with no buddies that duck hunt and since I ditched all my dekes years ago that isn't likely to happen......this year.

Back
Top Bottom