Pistol Magazines - Organizing 'em all

Guess I don't have enough guns, I can tell by looking which ones go with what gun. Of course, as I get older and more forgetful, I may have to start marking them.

My dream for when I get a big enough house:

71-Pistol-Cabinet-Left-to-Right-Dividers.jpg
So much wasted space!

Somewhere recently, @allen-1 posted a photo of his mags in pockets like @Mtn_Guy linked, and stacked in shelves. That seems like the ideal balance of sorting, easy access, and density...

I also mark mine with paint pens, but that's an identifying mark (so I can tell mine from a neighbor's on a shared firing line) and a number (so I can say "3 is having trouble, take a look at it later").

I’ve got 9 G17/34 mags. 6 for competition and 3 for carry. Competition mags have weighted base plates and are numbered. Carry mags are stock.

Works great…

VERTX VTX5170BK 6 Pack Mag Pouch black Amazon.com : VERTX VTX5170BK 6 Pack Mag Pouch black : Sports & Outdoors

I don’t own this one, but appears to be a similar concept and less expensive…

Orca Tactical Pistol Magazine Storage Pouch Ammo Mag Holder Fits Most Single and Double Stack 9mm .40 .45 Mags https://a.co/d/hxSFPDc

I have something similar Glock-labeled. Problem is that most of my Glocks I have more mags than the. . . I think 8 pouch version will fit. LOL.

Misc mags like the two for a Mak or something - ziploc bag.

So much wasted space!

Somewhere recently, @allen-1 posted a photo of his mags in pockets like @Mtn_Guy linked, and stacked in shelves. That seems like the ideal balance of sorting, easy access, and density...

I also mark mine with paint pens, but that's an identifying mark (so I can tell mine from a neighbor's on a shared firing line) and a number (so I can say "3 is having trouble, take a look at it later").

There are certainly more efficient means of storage out there. But this would put a smile on my face every time I'd open a drawer. Worth it.

So much wasted space!

IMG_2256.jpg

This is a big problem for me. I used the top shelf of my safe and it's a friggin mess. I just went through last week to see what mags belonged to what gun. I was trying to find compatibility with my new Jerico 941 with my Canik/CZ mags. Took me a bit to find them in the pile. AKA CZ mags were great in the Jerico.

From the options I'm thinking the plastic freezer bags might be the best option to start with.

way too small lol…. shit with /one/ type of magazine I would literally fill like six cigar boxes.

transparent stackable tote boxes work well, though….. use masking tape and a marker to write the type on the tote…
you can fit like 10 43X magazines in one

do you have a link for those mag cards? I'm torn between trying to make my own, and knowing that it's way more efficient to just buy a few from someone who already has a factory set up...

"mag cards"? They're just pouches.

I just save Amazon boxes that look to be the right size for how many I have for a gun. Then if I get more I save a bigger Amazon box. Rinse repeat.

"mag cards"? They're just pouches.

I have a similar pouch from Tuff for USP mags. It's great - I should probably suck it up and buy a bunch more. [edit - just saw the price - nope]

I have a few of these that I keep pistol mags in. The internal dividers are nice. They used to be closer to $12 but HD now wants $19.

Took a friend to the range on Saturday. Set him up at the line with a G34 and a loaded mag and stepped back. He's having trouble getting the mag to stick so I come around to see what's up. Apparently I'm a dumbass and brought G19 mags instead of mags for the 34. Back in the case it went.

At a recent steel challenge, I saw a guy bring a gun portfolio looking like this:
hc-sg3in1-bp-og-0_900x.jpg

[laugh]

I also spy a mini acog, maybe even one with the mysterious special ring mount. I thought I was the only one who knows that struggle. [smile]

OP. Until you find out what way works best for you... try storing multiple magazines in Gallon-size zip-loc freezer bags. You can write on them or on painter's tape
for bag reusability. Cost effective, clear view of contents and the "freezer" type are very durable. I like the ones with the zipper tab.
Quart and Sandwich bags for small amounts or single magazines work great too...

Store those bags in a lockable tote and you have a storage system that was not very expensive, easily stored and secure enough in a home or garage. You can also toss in a few desiccant bags to reduce moisture...

$30 bucks and you're done.

View attachment 698197View attachment 698198

Label the tote as "WINTER" and it will disappear in a garage or basement...

View attachment 698227
Ok, but does your steak smell like mags or do your mags smell like steak?

Back
Top Bottom