• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pick my next milsurp rifle

There was one rifle I remember someone on the Parallax boards showing off. It was an 1800s Russian rifle that looked a lot like a Mosin Nagant but it was older and a different design. Very rare and hard to come by.

There was one rifle I remember someone on the Parallax boards showing off. It was an 1800s Russian rifle that looked a lot like a Mosin Nagant but it was older and a different design. Very rare and hard to come by.

Probably the Berdan I or Berdan II - I've seen them frequently on gunbroker, and they are sometimes reasonably priced (at least the dogs are). Wouldn't mind having one at all! It would fit in well with my other blackpowder cartridge guns of the era - Snider, Martini-Henry and Springfield Trapdoor.

Chuck - that's one museum I could visit for days. My favorite is the war poster of a Russian soldier using his mosin to club off the enemy!

Thanks, guys!

Probably the Berdan I or Berdan II - I've seen them frequently on gunbroker, and they are sometimes reasonably priced (at least the dogs are). Wouldn't mind having one at all! It would fit in well with my other blackpowder cartridge guns of the era - Snider, Martini-Henry and Springfield Trapdoor.

Yep, thats the one. Kind of Mosin M91 looking.

I'm like you but i have a little of everything. Enough to keep me busy but i wanted more too. I jumped off the C&R bus to get some 1911 pistols but then i got interested in C&R handguns. There are astra's, star's and the CZ's pistols ect to look for. Most are still affordable for right now. Of course we have higher way over priced C&R rifles and handguns too. While i could afford them I'm not willing to pay that much $$ for just one when i could buy many at the lower prices. I'm not cheap i'm just way too frugal plus having the braggin rights isn't my style at the cost of many dollars. I did also purchased the egyptian hakim too because i wanted an 8mm semi auto to blast away with the cheap surplus 8mm ammo. The swedish ljungman and egyptian rasheed look awesome next to it. I had 6 hakims at onetime, one was a parts gun that i assembled. Now i'm thinking about a hakim 8mm carbine.(maybe)

If i were you i'd stop the C&R bus for a minute and think about the C&R handguns. I even went after the used cz handguns too. You get an awesome pistol at a used price. Most of the used pistols here are still in new condition. I have two that were unshot when i purchased them. If your happy with your collection of the surplus military stuff then its time to venture out into other guns??? Maybe do both?

There are the French MAS 49/56 Commando rifles too in 308 and in 7.5 french to play with?

Or pay the tax and go after the class III stuff i thought about that too.

If i were you i'd stop the C&R bus for a minute and think about the C&R handguns.

It's funny you mention this, because in the nearly 12 months since I started this thread, that's exactly what I've been doing. Some pictures have been posted here over the past year, but many have not. One big plus I'm finding - you can fit a whole lot more of them in the safe!!!!

Not for long, i'm stuff'n them in already.

I'm torn between the swedish mausers and the C&R handguns right now. I'm grabbing them as i see them. I'd like to get around 12 of the russian nagants while there still cheap. Maybe some more CZ82's too these will make for some good trading down the road for other surplups too.

I'm still drawn to the swedish mausers even though i have them already. Maybe because some are still cheap. The average swede price is anywere from $275 to $500 depending on what it is and the condition. So it makes any swede at $200 a steal. Sooner or later the prices on most surplus guns will skyrocket for sure.

But rather than buying the samething over and over i tell myselfr, get something different all the time now. But i'm also looking at different mausers now too. I started off with mausers and stopped try to collect them when i heard there were 1000 different mausers. I gave up on them. Now i'm kind of full circle and want to get more mausers.

So its C&R handguns, Modern handguns, swede mausers, different mausers too, Heck our problem is we like them all right? Lets face it collecting is a never ending story.....

But when all is said and done we have the class 3 stuff left......M14? 10k plus tax?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom