Personal Firearms Record

I'm trying to find a good version of a personal firearms log. I have done some searching here, but my search skills evidently suck and I can't find any posts about this even though I remember seeing them at some point. So, if you have a favorite one, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I just made my own with EXCELL

The one I use is called GunSafe:

http://www.somanyroads.org/gunsafe/

Hi;
I just made my own spreadsheet with excell. I alsohave MS ACCESS which is even better way to make a form to enter your info then sort/masage the info.
That way you can make it suit your wants/needs. Of course I have the MS Office software.
The gunsafe looked good however if you don't have the OFFICE software.

I wish I needed a spreadsheet to keep track of my guns. I better keep buying more guns.

I created an Access database years ago with information similar to that PDF. The one difference that I had was that I put in purchase price rather than replacement value. My reasoning was the the purchase price was was a concrete fact, while the replacement value would likely change significantly over time. The replacement value for a lot of guns went up significantly during the mid 90s, then dropped somewhat a decade later. As we all know, it also depends what state you happen to be in at the moment.

I moved it to a MySQL database a few years ago and, since I had a digital camera, added a field for photographs of each item. I don't keep just firearms in the database, since a lot of the glass I've got on them cost as much or more than the guns.

Ken

Why use special software over a simple Excel or Access file? I have a reasonable sized collection, but I find an Excel spreadsheet is perfectly sufficient. Plus I don't have to reply on special software to access my data (i.e. I keep a copy of my file offsite in case there's an accident at home, and I can open it on my computer at work or a friend's house if necessary).

I use a word document with a table. Each entry has a picture of the firearm and a picture of the serial number.

When I first got my LTC, I started a spreadsheet that tracked all my costs associated with the sport.

Every time I bought ammo, targets, ears, eyes, cleaning supplies, and so on, it went into an excel spreadsheet down to the penny.

After about 5-6 months, I couldn't look at it anymore and it has since been abandoned [wink]

Back
Top Bottom