pepper spray shipped to MA

headednorth

NES Member
Having a hard time finding an online vendor to ship pepper spray here. Its now gtg in MA, but maybe theyre not up to speed on the changes yet? Anyone ever have it shipped here?

Is this similar to C&R sales where its "legal" but frowned upon by the state or are retailers playing it safe and just assuming that its illegal here?

Ive only tried a couple of vendors but its annoying to spend the time filling in the form only to be told it wont ship at the very end.

Thanks.

eta- specifically looking at Fox labs if anyone has any experience with the product.

can't you just walk into a gun shop and buy it without a permit now? you would have had it by now if you just did that.

can't you just walk into a gun shop and buy it without a permit now? you would have had it by now if you just did that.

Problem is most shops dont sell things like fox labs, etc, just the shit brands that have the best margins.

Fox 5.3 is awesome, four seasons carries but call see if stock.... There are several online places that ship but I buy things from Carl at Four Seasons whenever possible, even if it's a couple bucks more cuz over the years he has "done me more good", given me great deals on stuff, and treated me better than some of my family has...

Is Sabre crappy?

Crappy is better than nothing but Fox 5.3 is good stuff. Helped my 16th year old niece ("Thanks for giving me the Fox spray Uncle") get away from the a*shole trying to grab her at Dedham mall parking lot back in April... She even had presence of mind to position herself up-wind... Maggot still probably has burning eyeballs and having difficulty snorting the crystal meth or whatever, even three months later..

Last edited:
Crappy is better than nothing but Fox 5.3 is good stuff. Helped my 16th year old niece ("Thanks for giving me the Fox spray Uncle") get away from the a*shole trying to grab her at Dedham mall parking lot back in April... She even had presence of mind to position herself up-wind... Maggot still probably has burning eyeballs and having difficulty snorting the crystal meth or whatever, even three months later..

Yikes! I'm glad she's ok. There's no substitute for being prepared.

Also, I love how it's been legal for over 6 months and yet 99% of all women still think they "need a license for those things"...

Target now sells Sabre RED in Massachusetts. I got a big smile this evening watching several college students picking it up at the new City Target in Boston.

Walmart likely sells now as well. Several hardware stores in the metro Boston area carry it now too.

Is Sabre crappy?

Absolutely, that's why after reading lots of LE reports/evaluations I bought Sabre Red! [devil]

Nobody you spray with that stuff will thank you for using it instead of anything else! [wink]

Also, I love how it's been legal for over 6 months and yet 99% of all women still think they "need a license for those things"...

Well, the state INTENTIONALLY has NOT updated the laws on their website, so anyone looking up the "OFFICIAL" law will indeed believe that nothing has changed in 17 years!

Target now sells Sabre RED in Massachusetts. I got a big smile this evening watching several college students picking it up at the new City Target in Boston.

Walmart likely sells now as well. Several hardware stores in the metro Boston area carry it now too.

I'm surprised, as to sell it you must have a MA Dealer's License (ammo dealer or firearms, I forget which) according to the new law.

Sabre is what the MSP and NYPD and a lot of other police departments carry. Just stick to name brand stay away from the cheap no name ones.

Yup! It is a mix of OC and CS, very nasty stuff indeed.

I'm surprised, as to sell it you must have a MA Dealer's License (ammo dealer or firearms, I forget which) according to the new law.

Chemical spray is no longer classified as ammunition and I think post Coakley & the Alamany murder the AG isn't in the mood to enforce the nonsensical ammo dealer language to retailers. Time will tell if a round of threatening letters go out.

The law specified that the only businesses who could sell the stuff must be licensed dealers.

No idea if the AG will or won't go after companies who break this particular law. Time will tell.

I have and carry Fox labs but was told by a good LEO friend that Sabre will even spray upside down. Not sure if Fox labs can? Never know when you might be on the ground in a struggle?

If a Walmart in MA has a license to sell ammo dont they already have a license to sell pepper spray as part of the ammo license?

I don't recall whether a MA Gun Dealer license or a MA Ammo Dealer license is required, but I'm sure that WM is covered (at least those that sell ammo). I doubt Target is however.

Searching through Target's store inventory they only sell OC at stores built in MA after August of 2014. I wonder if their sales & legal team did the math for customer sales when the law changed and now applies for the sales permit when going for all the other permits required for new stores.

Four Seasons is ordering more Fox 5.3 today.

In my opinion, Four Seasons is a better supplier for Fox Labs than mail order or Walmart, since Carlorders it directly from Fox and it has a freshet date that stuff from middlemen. Also, Four Seasons pays the extra $1.00 to get it in blister packs - which gives the buyer assurance that the unit has not been accidentally or intentionally test fired since it left the factory.

Good! The more exposure the better since most people STILL think you need "a license for that stuff, right?" etc..
Great to see the kids realize they can't walk around unprotected. Wonder how many dirtbags will reconsider the BU area rape if they think the girls/guys are carrying OC

Good! The more exposure the better since most people STILL think you need "a license for that stuff, right?" etc..
Great to see the kids realize they can't walk around unprotected. Wonder how many dirtbags will reconsider the BU area rape if they think the girls/guys are carrying OC

I agree with the sentiment, but we all better hope they don't get caught on campus with the stuff or they will see how little good the new law does them. They will still most likely get suspended/expelled from college and perhaps face criminal charges under C. 269 S. 10 ("other weapon" catch-all).

Even though MA is MA, somehow how I think the current sexual assault panic on college campuses would make the usual petty tyrants in higher ed administration leery of railroading a female or gay male student for using oc in a lawful manner.

Back
Top Bottom