• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pepper Spray "Pen" style sprayer.. Are there any good/effective ones?

GlockJock

NES Member
My wife asked me if there are ANY really good, reliable accurate PEN STYLE pepper sprays. We have plenty of "regular" Fox Labs and Sabre brand canisters /flip top sprays etc but, now that the "pandemic" is lessening and the Libs used it to get rid of Trump, she's concerned about going back to work and carrying any pepper spray thru the metal detectors...
It's bad enough that she has to walk in without her beloved Ruger, but she wants to have SOMETHING for protection that will pass thru a metal detector and not draw any "What is this? You're fired!!" tactical response by the power-crazed nitwits at the front door security booth...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Only thoughts I have on the pen size type sprays is that they are basically useless unless it’s at bad breath get off me distance, in which case she’ll also end up eating a bunch of it also. The smaller you go the less propellant and OC it can hold, and a pen type is really small. Basically a one second burst that may reach out to 12”-15” on a good day with no wind and then it’s done. Not very effective.

Edited to add; worst case maybe go buy 2 or 3 diff types and test them at home first to see if you’re comfortable with it’s performance. Might cost 50.00 to buy and test a few models.

What distance does she need to cover from exiting work to get to her vehicle? Or is she taking the T?

Back
Top Bottom