• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pepper spray/mace

I carry it everyday for work. I hate the crap and isnt always effective but it usually is. If you or a loved one do spray someone make sure to call the police and report it. If you dont and the badguy says they were maliciously sprayed you could face a felony charge.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, carry pepper spray! The legal threshold for using pepper spray is very low so it gives you an 'out' from almost any situation. If your only out is to draw your firearm than things could end badly. Response should match the threat.

Check out the ASP Palm defender / street defender which I like.
Works great on keys (looks like flashlight), or carry in pocket.

Last edited:
I carry one as well.

We no longer keep one on the nightstand. One night my wife grabbed it thinking it was her flashlight. It wasn't. Spraying it once in the bedroom is sufficient for ones lifetime.
[laugh]
Bob
No one goes into my nightstand but me (we have one on each side of the bed, I don't even know if my wife knows it's there, but...ya that would suck LOL!

I bought a can for the lady friend to keep in her purse (she refuses to do so, much to my dismay), and picked up a mini-pen to keep on my key chain. Just easier to carry it everywhere and allows me one additional level of response.

Back
Top Bottom