People shot at Moon Island

What is “glock hand”?

When field stripping a Glock, you have to pull the trigger to release the striker. More than a few people have forgotten step 1 of field stripping: unload the gun and step 2: point in a safe direction. Instead, they somehow leave a round in the chamber and then point the gun at their support hand and pull the trigger.

Note, I’m not blaming Glock.

When field stripping a Glock, you have to pull the trigger to release the striker. More than a few people have forgotten step 1 of field stripping: unload the gun and step 2: point in a safe direction.

Or as I like to tell people....

"Point in safe direction, unload the gun. Point in safe direction and rack the slide a few more times and lock it open. "
"Is it really unloaded? "
"Are you sure bout dat, 110%? because if you're not something bad is going to happen. "
ok, then proceed with everything else (still pointing it in a safe direction)

-Mike

Or as I like to tell people....

"Point in safe direction, unload the gun. Point in safe direction and rack the slide a few more times and lock it open. "
"Is it really unloaded? "
"Are you sure bout dat, 110%? because if you're not something bad is going to happen. "
ok, then proceed with everything else (still pointing it in a safe direction)

-Mike

You can rack the slide a dozen times......its not empty until you physically LOOK at the chamber to verify.

You can rack the slide a dozen times......its not empty until you physically LOOK at the chamber to verify.
Yup. I've seen this first hand at a USPSA match a couple years ago. RO told the shooter to unload and show clear etc etc. she drops the mag, locks slide open, drops slide, pulls trigger, BANG! Disqualified!

Apparently the extractor didn't grip the case or the case was just stuck in the chamber for whatever reason.

Almost 100 replies later. . . .

Forrest Gump got shot in the Moon Island. But Lieutenant Dan lost his whole legs.

With my .45 ACP subguns I take out the mag, open the action and put my little pinky in the chamber to make sure that it's empty. I just have to be careful to not chamber my pinky. That would be worse than the "M1 thumb". Jack.

Ooooooo....an open bolt gun slamming closed on your finger would definitely ruin your day!......or week.

Got to control the bolt first and foremost and keep in a safe direction always.

Back
Top Bottom