Pelosi threatens 2A with Emergency in next Dem presidency

Ever have a serious discussion with a liberal about overdoses? The general attitude is who cares they died happy.
I have heard this. "tell that to the grieving mother who just lost her second child to this crap" is my response. It's a big problem here in the Berkshires. Friends of mine are losing their kids. And these are good people, not the welfare rats that come to mind when you think of OD.
It's sad.

That is to say, Me and Barbara-Jean...

outdoorhub-7-military-surplus-guns-every-american-2015-03-16_19-16-48.jpg

Not my Barbara-Jean, but you get the gist...

and my CPAP. I want to bring my CPAP.
And my pre bans,
I want Barbara -Jean,the c-pap, and preban magazines.

I don't think they would, it will set a precedent and if they start then it's open season. I for one hope he doesn't declare one, if he does they will.

Dems will declare one (or several) whether he sets a precedent or not. The Left has become completely unhinged. The first thing they’ll do the next time they control the White House and Senate is remove the 60 vote rule for passing legislation. Mitch should have done it a year ago. Did you happen to miss the lengths they went to with Kavanaugh or the idiocy of the Green New Deal they’re proposing and actually congratulating themselves over? Thinking that not creating a precedent will prevent them from doing something down the road is right out of the Neville Chamberlain playbook. Someone will create the precedent, might as well be him.

Chinese flat backs and fin backs full to the top please! Oh and let me fill my gunners pack with thirty more.....

I don't know.... Maybe look at the 19th too. It's pretty much given us every dem in office. Start from the bottom up and you won't have to worry about the 2nd.

if you think the Dems are not coming for your guns anyway you are either a) living on another planet or b) living under a rock.

In any event, if this happens and a dem president declares an emergency action the 2A issue will finally have to be heard by scotus.

And if RBG kicks off soon and Trump gets another pick then hopefully this would be a non issue.

So they will suspend the bill of rights claiming a national emergency or they will pick and choose which one of the rights they suspend? Once people become vocal about that will they suspend the 1st amendment as well to quiet down everyone? Will they suspend elections because the “Russians influenced” the results? All the above sound like martial law to me and most likely will result in confrontation with groups of people who will oppose it.
But instead they can continue down the same path and slowly turn seat after seat Democratic and then ban guns through legislative action. Problem solved.
I think the legislative action is what they will choose otherwise they would have done what Pelosi said already. They even changed the rules during the Obama administration to pass Obama care and they didn’t touch the 2nd. Once they change the demographics enough to secure them majority for the next 100 years then they will attack the 2nd.

So they will suspend the bill of rights claiming a national emergency or they will pick and choose which one of the rights they suspend? Once people become vocal about that will they suspend the 1st amendment as well to quiet down everyone? Will they suspend elections because the “Russians influenced” the results? All the above sound like martial law to me and most likely will result in confrontation with groups of people who will oppose it.
But instead they can continue down the same path and slowly turn seat after seat Democratic and then ban guns through legislative action. Problem solved.
I think the legislative action is what they will choose otherwise they would have done what Pelosi said already. They even changed the rules during the Obama administration to pass Obama care and they didn’t touch the 2nd. Once they change the demographics enough to secure them majority for the next 100 years then they will attack the 2nd.
Wait - you think Trump isn't attacking the 1st amendment?

The topic is “Pelosi threatens 2A with emergency in next dem presidency” so my response is specific to the topic and I gave a hypothetical argument and my opinion that they wouldn’t do that since they will be able to do it legislatively. I don’t feel I need to comment on Trump under this topic.

You seriously don't see how he attacks and tries to de-legitimize the media?

That's not an "attack on the first amendment" by any definition. How is he restricting their ability to broadcast or publish anything? Or even advocating for the
same? There's a big difference between saying "I think some of these people are full of shit" vs saying "I think that we ought to ban these people from speaking". Also... there is NO ENTITLEMENT to any outlet's "legitimacy" wrt the 1st amendment. Are you actually arguing that they should be taken seriously just BECAUSE they're a news or TV outlet? [laugh]

Frankly most MSM should be shat upon on a regular basis. Maybe it'd result in a net improvement in journalism in this country. 3/4ths of the stuff published in most TV and print media these days is hyperbole laden garbage designed to evoke an emotional retard response instead of to provoke thought, civil discussion, or debate.

-Mike

As many of you know, I’m not much of a Trump fan. But not only is him calling the media out on their garbage not an attack on the first amendment, by attempting to make them accountable, he’s doing more to advocate for the first amendment. Open and HONEST reporting is one of the fundamental tenets of freedom of the press. What the MSM does is anything but. In fact the MSM and the large social media outlets have been doing their best to attack the free press by themselves attacking other forms of media, spreading lies, and suppressing dissenting views on their on outlets.

So who is worse? I think that answer is obvious.

Wait - you think Trump isn't attacking the 1st amendment?

No.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The press is not the 1st amendment - and if I've ever seen anything that deserved to be attacked, it would be today's press. The 1st amendment does not in any way protect the press from the consequences of their speech, it only prevents laws from abridging it. Trump can call them whatever comes to mind - craven, lying scum comes to mind, but whatever. Until he signs a law that says "MSNBC - Shut the f*** Up" he's not violating the 1st.

I don’t feel I need to comment on Trump under this topic.
I dunno. Like Trump or hate him, you have to admit no matter what happens, good bad or indifferent, somehow or other it always seems to lead to a discussion about him. Fercrissakes Brady wins the Superbowl again, and whats the first question some jerk asks him? I used to believe Mr. Han when told us "Kung Fu is everything" and "Everything is Kung Fu" but I got to tell ya....... I'm starting to wonder if it really isn't Trump.

You seriously don't see how he attacks and tries to de-legitimize the media?

Criticizing the media for their biased reporting is not attacking the First Amendment. Are those who criticize Fox or Breitbart attacking the First Amendment? Trump is not stopping the media from spouting their nonsense, THAT would be an attack on the First Amendment. They have de-legitimized themselves all on their own. While they have special protections and are necessary for a free society, they are no more righteous, moral or unbiased than anyone else and they’re certainly fair game for criticism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom